Red and Yellow Cards!

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

liverpool_08
Squad Player
Squad Player

Red and Yellow Cards!

Post by liverpool_08 »

FFSA RULING...

Reintroduced to seniors and now applys to juniors aswell!

Red cards will attract a $25 fine and for every 5 yellow cards accumulated clubs will be fined $50, and have heard that this would be passed onto players aswell in most circumstances!
Dont visualize beating the keeper, Visualize destroying the keeper.

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Red and Yellow Cards!

Post by rabbit »

[quote="liverpool_08"]FFSA RULING...

Red cards will attract a $25 fine and for every 5 yellow cards accumulated clubs will be fined $50, and have heard that this would be passed onto players aswell in most circumstances![/quote]

Heard from whom? A little dicky bird perhaps :roll:

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Good job u ain't playing n e more Rabbit :lol:
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

teddles
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by teddles »

The manager of my son's team had a rather different version of things last night. That's not to say the above is wrong because she may not be aware of the latest moves, but it'd be nice to have it confirmed.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous, especially with the level of referring we see at times with some refs using the cards as a replacement for something else they seem to lack. Good refs will miss things, will make mistakes on others and overall it will balance out on the pitch. Taking punishment off the pitch is stupid. This fine isn't going to discourage dirty players or compensate for coaches with poor attitudes. It will however, hit kids who play hard but make the occasional mistake. Add poorly trained refs to the mix and I can't see it being a positive move.

Those comments also apply to coaches who apply fines and yes, I'm aware that it's part of the 'culture' for some clubs. If the kid's a dirty player, pull him and train him, if a kid makes a mistake, train him, if a kid makes the same mistake regularly, train him better.

liverpool_08
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by liverpool_08 »

rabbit wrote:
liverpool_08 wrote:FFSA RULING...

Red cards will attract a $25 fine and for every 5 yellow cards accumulated clubs will be fined $50, and have heard that this would be passed onto players aswell in most circumstances![/quote]

Heard from whom? A little dicky bird perhaps :roll:
yea i did, cause dicky birds can talk and all!

:roll:
:roll: :clown:
Dont visualize beating the keeper, Visualize destroying the keeper.

theone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by theone »

confirmed check with club delegates. Fines apply in the JPL so there is a dicky bird out there

GiveNgog
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by GiveNgog »

From what I saw today Campbelltown will be up for a fair few fines..almost of every one of their challenges was studs up.
Oh and their keeper picked the ball up like 5 meters outside his box rofl.
Didn't even get a yellow... :s

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Gerrard_of_SA wrote:From what I saw today Campbelltown will be up for a fair few fines..almost of every one of their challenges was studs up.
Oh and their keeper picked the ball up like 5 meters outside his box rofl.
Didn't even get a yellow... :s
Congratulations on a dumb post. There's like 20 odd teams at that Club. :roll:
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Ha ha squizzy :lol:

You crack me up

He was refering to every team there i think :clown:
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

fossil
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by fossil »

teddles wrote:The manager of my son's team had a rather different version of things last night. That's not to say the above is wrong because she may not be aware of the latest moves, but it'd be nice to have it confirmed.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous, especially with the level of referring we see at times with some refs using the cards as a replacement for something else they seem to lack. Good refs will miss things, will make mistakes on others and overall it will balance out on the pitch. Taking punishment off the pitch is stupid. This fine isn't going to discourage dirty players or compensate for coaches with poor attitudes. It will however, hit kids who play hard but make the occasional mistake. Add poorly trained refs to the mix and I can't see it being a positive move.

Those comments also apply to coaches who apply fines and yes, I'm aware that it's part of the 'culture' for some clubs. If the kid's a dirty player, pull him and train him, if a kid makes a mistake, train him, if a kid makes the same mistake regularly, train him better.
heres a thought if the parents and clubs have a zero tolerane to speaking to the ref and setting their own standards which should be higher then you never will pay or is this not what you call training.

but of course some clubs can't organise to mark a pitch correctly or clean change rooms so what chance have the kids got! or is this not what you call training.
as for the people who get the cards let em pay! or is this not what you call training.