Bringing Players Down (A's to B's)

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Bringing Players Down (A's to B's)

Post by Updachels »

Today I watched the U/15 B's at Para Hills vs Campbelltown, the Campbelltown A's had a bye and their B's decided to take advantage bringing 4 or 5 A players down. These players really stood out during the match, resulting in them coming out with a 3-0 win. Although during the match they had 6 substitutes most of them which would normally play in the B side and got maybe 20 minutes each.

As I understand their goalkeeper was on holiday which is obviously fair enough to bring a keeper down but this situation is really ridiculus, at this age developing the players should be the main objective, I felt sorry for the kids who didnt get a run because of the A players and the coaches will to win.

I certainly hope this doesnt happen at many clubs.
1966 was a great year for english football
Gianfranco Zola was born

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Bringing Players Down (A's to B's)

Post by pulse »

Updachels wrote:Today I watched the U/15 B's at Para Hills vs Campbelltown, the Campbelltown A's had a bye and their B's decided to take advantage bringing 4 or 5 A players down. These players really stood out during the match, resulting in them coming out with a 3-0 win. Although during the match they had 6 substitutes most of them which would normally play in the B side and got maybe 20 minutes each.

As I understand their goalkeeper was on holiday which is obviously fair enough to bring a keeper down but this situation is really ridiculus, at this age developing the players should be the main objective, I felt sorry for the kids who didnt get a run because of the A players and the coaches will to win.

I certainly hope this doesnt happen at many clubs.

This happens every year and somebody always has to bring it up as a topic on this forum. It dosent matter if they A players if they are eligble to play in that team or division so be it.

It has happened to my team many times but we don't have a cry about it just get on with it.

"now thats sexy football"

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

I know that they are allowed to and all that but I just think it is unfair for all the kids on both sides that is all. I think it is sad that some clubs and teams want to win so bad they give kids who train and play week in week out 15 minutes while A players come straight in until the game is over, 3-0 or what ever.
Gianfranco Zola was born

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

I know it is hard on those players whose parents have to pay that many and watch there kids sit on the bench for 90mins. Some coaches want to win so bad that they will have to do it for them not for the kids.

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

I know it is hard on those players whose parents have to pay that many and watch there kids sit on the bench for 90mins. Some coaches want to win so bad that they will have to do it for them not for the kids.

ZZZZ
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ZZZZ »

their "A"s didnt have a bye their grounds are supposedly waterlogged so they just didnt play. also if their grounds are waterlogged then why

1. are the amateurs a's and b's playing as we speak on the main pitch
2. some away teams went there this morning because they hadnt got the message and the grounds are ok by all reports.
3. isnt it under the rules ( and i am not 100% sure) up to the referee to deem the ground unplayable? before the game and not up to the club the previous day?

something just doesnt add up here.

wht other games were postponed at other grounds? it would be interesting to see if this was a common thing taking into account all grounds around would have got the same rain!

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

ZZZZ wrote:their "A"s didnt have a bye their grounds are supposedly waterlogged so they just didnt play. also if their grounds are waterlogged then why

2. some away teams went there this morning because they hadnt got the message and the grounds are ok by all reports.
3. isnt it under the rules ( and i am not 100% sure) up to the referee to deem the ground unplayable? before the game and not up to the club the previous day?

wht other games were postponed at other grounds? it would be interesting to see if this was a common thing taking into account all grounds around would have got the same rain!

What is with that my team was supposed to play South Adelaide today not on the Main Pitch but on the second pitch. But my whole team got phone calls last night saying its cancelled due to waterlogged pitches.

It was I think the clubs desicion to postpone all games there today becasue they were not aware that more rain could've been on the way.

But to let the amatuers San Marco A's and B's play on the main pitch now after the Seniors weren't not allowed to yesterday.

What's up with that

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

It is quite possible that after all the sunshine from 11am onwards this morning that the puddles on the main pitch have dried out.

The decision was made last night, in the belief that more rain would be on the way overnight & this morning. By the time it became sunny again this morning it was just a little too late to make 500 phone calls to get games going again.

Use a bit of common sense!!

PENALTY 5
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PENALTY 5 »

Xplosive wrote:It is quite possible that after all the sunshine from 11am onwards this morning that the puddles on the main pitch have dried out.

The decision was made last night, in the belief that more rain would be on the way overnight & this morning. By the time it became sunny again this morning it was just a little too late to make 500 phone calls to get games going again.

Use a bit of common sense!!
Why were assumptions made about the weather, the decision should've been made around K.O time.
Do or Die..........No Pressure

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

i thought the ref does the decision on the day at the game , is thats why erico came down to ref at blue eagles . :o

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the juggler »

:o If the away teams had turned up to Campbelltown and the ref had also, do I assume they would have received the points as a forfeit if the pitches were deemed playable. Played at Cumberland today and sure the pitch was heavy in places but the decision to play was made today...not yesterday. There are enough catch up games this year as it is. :roll:

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

good question sc1 . beleive the ref called the game off . alot of wednesday night games coming up .

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the juggler »

Hi corona...at what point and time did the ref call the game off? :?:

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

The ref's name is Nostradamus and he called it off years ago :wink:

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the juggler »

Nova...as a football celebrity from another code says.."you idiot" :lol:

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

sc 1 as i know from the referee erico , he called it off as unsafe . then he refereed at blue eagles at 12 .

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the juggler »

corona...it was posted on here last night at 6.20pm that the games had been called off. That can't be right surely?

Football Freak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Football Freak »

don't sound right to me, thought the FFSA was short of refs at the best of time let alone going out the night before to check the pitches.

sumtin' fishy here . . . . .

CdOtzi
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by CdOtzi »

Cancellation of a match should be made by an official referee from the FFSA on the day a match is to be played. That can be just before KO or sometime during the game, if the ref deems the pitch to be unsafe.
Does this mean that in June, July and August when there is rain, clubs have the power to cancel matches because the pitches are going to be too wet?
The FFSA should immediately address this issue otherwise the program of matches for the season will become chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giorgio chiellini
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by giorgio chiellini »

ah well if they call off games means us players get a sleep in and get to play under lights :P [/quote]
"andiamo a berlino"

ninja111
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ninja111 »

MY A's ARE BETTER THAN YOUR B's Before i get to explaining why, ill first deal with a Q ???????? & A .............. 1.Is techinique and comparing your style of football to the other players be helpful . To discover effective techniques to win games , is that a crime. NO, NO, NO its a situation were 'B' players improve there skills by having 4 or 5 'A' players controling the match,and performing better skills and drills. HEY WE ALL LIKE TO WIN :D :D :D :D :D P.S So ask yourself UPDACHELS ,do our 'B' players ever train at the same level of intensity as the the 'A's NO well just had a taste......

asroma
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by asroma »

Why Updachels did u have to start this forum. all it causes is trouble and that is how it is probably going to end up. if you are a supporter from another club so be it, but if you are a campbelltown supporter i would be ashamed.

giorgio chiellini
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

the fact of the matter is as long as there is no rule that you cant bring down players it will continue to happen!!...everyone myself included can complain about it but if they did change the rule...remember us juniors havent got huge squads and with injuries, suspensions, sometimes you just havent got enough even to field a team
"andiamo a berlino"

asroma

Post by asroma »

I totally agree with you Giorgio, but this forum should not have been created because there is nothing wrong with bringing down players from the A's. The fact of the matter is that the coach should have had the A's as emergencies and not to play them for them to win the game. Its just not the right thing to do, especially because some of the B players got a maximum of 20 minutes and most of the A's played atleast a whole game.

giorgio chiellini
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

yep agree ith u on that as well...id be disappointed if i was one of those b players...many teams we played last year in 17s dropped players from 19's, with the regulars missing out for the 19's but ayy cant do much about it
"andiamo a berlino"

sanmarco
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sanmarco »

pulse wrote:
ZZZZ wrote:their "A"s didnt have a bye their grounds are supposedly waterlogged so they just didnt play. also if their grounds are waterlogged then why

What is with that my team was supposed to play South Adelaide today not on the Main Pitch but on the second pitch. But my whole team got phone calls last night saying its cancelled due to waterlogged pitches.

It was I think the clubs desicion to postpone all games there today becasue they were not aware that more rain could've been on the way.

But to let the amatuers San Marco A's and B's play on the main pitch now after the Seniors weren't not allowed to yesterday.

What's up with that
The reason is boys, is that the pitch dried up a consideral amount.
P.S. Dont bring us into this ok.
FORZA NAPOLI

Stradbroke
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Stradbroke »

CdOtzi wrote:Cancellation of a match should be made by an official referee from the FFSA on the day a match is to be played. That can be just before KO or sometime during the game, if the ref deems the pitch to be unsafe.
Does this mean that in June, July and August when there is rain, clubs have the power to cancel matches because the pitches are going to be too wet?
The FFSA should immediately address this issue otherwise the program of matches for the season will become chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Junior games for Sunday, the pitches were inspected by the Junior Coaching Coor on Sat night and called off for the safety of the kids as there was about 2 inches of water on the surface and with the clay base at Newton wouldnt drain overnight, a call was made the the FFSA Sat night and ALL clubs were notififed, no different to how Metro called off their Junior matches. Regarding the San Marco match on the main pitch, it was later in the day and the main pitch has slightly better drainage.

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

remember us juniors havent got huge squads and with injuries, suspensions, sometimes you just havent got enough even to field a team
And I understand this of course if you dont have enough players you must bring some down, they say their goalkeeper was on holiday, if this was the case tou must bring a goalkeeper down. But they had seventeen players. Oh, well I guess each club and team for their own.
Gianfranco Zola was born

Thru Ball
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Thru Ball »

Having watched the game it was obvious the impact those Campbelltown A's were having on the game. Ninja, can't see your point in saying that A's controlling a match is of benefit .....? to who? can't see how it benefits any Campbelltown B player. Especially those numerous subs that sat out a majority of the match. As for the "A"GK filling in, fair enough, if there were no other options why not. He certainly pulled off a couple of top saves in the first 20 mins of the 2nd half when Para Hills were looking to equalize. I am sure that C/Town aren't the only Club to flaunt the rule, but I seem to recall they have a history of doing bringing players down.
Wasn't it last year that they brought their whole U13A squad down to take the place of the 13B's?
Sure this practise is allowed under the FFSA rules....but the rules also allow a team to play on when the opposition is down on the pitch injured,
but we don't do it, do we?
Anyway I would of thought that the C/Town B's players would have preferred to beat the PH B's without any outside help, isn't that a true test?
I am sure the PH B's will be well prepared for any eventuallity when they next play the C/Town B's (or will that be the B 1/2's?).
Fair play to the PH coaches who choose not to bring any A's down (even though they didn't have a game on either).
Can't figure out with 10 mins to go and 3-nil up, why?? the C/Town Coach started making numerous substitutions (at least 1 a minute), in what certainly appeared to be a time waisting measure :?:
As previously said each Club to its own....they won the sheep station this time.

redeye
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by redeye »

Hey thur ball get a grip of reallity will you. Most Clubs have used the rule that allow for this when they have to are able to. I can tell you this as fact.
What C/Town did was legal and the only time we hear about it on this forum is when we beat Para Hills who simply cant handle losing. Whats all this crap about feeling sorry for the B players from idiots on here, reality is that C/Town have two teams for each age group and can and will continue to use all the players from both squads as they see fit to acheive the desired result. Para Hills parents continue pointing the finger at C/Town for doing something sinister and yet have no trouble doing it themselves when needed but god forbid some club beating the almighty Para Hills juniors and all hell breaks loose. P*ss off and check into a reality hospital.