"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 4:53 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Player registrations
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:49 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:57 am
Posts: 852
Interesting email from the FFSA last night regarding Sports TG and the fact that some players are not available for selection. According to the FFSA one of the reasons is that a player may have altered their date of birth and therefore will not appear. Surely not........!! An overage player!! They now have to take ID into the FFSA to prove their details. The team sheets this weekend will be interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Player registrations
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 53656
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Good to see that players that owe fees to clubs have had regos frozen (so can't just waltz over to another club without retribution).

Edit* - to clarify - fees owing from last year

_________________
Ignore this signature


Last edited by Bomber on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Player registrations
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:49 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:57 am
Posts: 852
Bomber wrote:
Good to see that players that owe fees to clubs have had regos frozen (so can't just waltz over to another club without retribution).
another email just arrived from the FFSA. They are saying the onus is on clubs to ensure they have verified the players correct date of birth as a number of people seem to have altered these details this year. I find it amazing that so many clubs are that focused on winning that they go to those lengths.

This weekend will be a disaster. Two days out from the first game and a huge number of teams won't have enough registered players resulting in forfeits galore.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Player registrations
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:30 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 1418
Well the players have had a good 4 weeks to register online, but unfortunately some parents just don't read emails or texts so they think once they've paid the clubs fees there job is done


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Player registrations
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:00 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:14 pm
Posts: 532
or info and instructions haven't come out from clubs.

Many parents confused and frustrated at the new system.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Player registrations
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:25 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:57 am
Posts: 852
Mrs Red wrote:
or info and instructions haven't come out from clubs.

Many parents confused and frustrated at the new system.
The FFSA has supplied multiple emails containing instructions. Our club has successfully registered 100% of it's 400+ members and all before time. The buck stops with the clubs not providing enough time or information to parents. Some teams have no players shown which is ridiculous. The FFSA should come down hard on those clubs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Player registrations
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:13 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:14 pm
Posts: 532
magnet wrote:
Mrs Red wrote:
or info and instructions haven't come out from clubs.

Many parents confused and frustrated at the new system.
The FFSA has supplied multiple emails containing instructions. Our club has successfully registered 100% of it's 400+ members and all before time. The buck stops with the clubs not providing enough time or information to parents. Some teams have no players shown which is ridiculous. The FFSA should come down hard on those clubs.


Good for you! But I have helped a couple of people register and watched them follow the instructions exactly and still their names are not coming through to sports TG. Now having to follow up with FFSA with multiple phone calls and emails.

But glad to hear you had no problems wish it was the same for us!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Player registrations
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:08 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:57 am
Posts: 852
Mrs Red wrote:
magnet wrote:
Mrs Red wrote:
or info and instructions haven't come out from clubs.

Many parents confused and frustrated at the new system.
The FFSA has supplied multiple emails containing instructions. Our club has successfully registered 100% of it's 400+ members and all before time. The buck stops with the clubs not providing enough time or information to parents. Some teams have no players shown which is ridiculous. The FFSA should come down hard on those clubs.


Good for you! But I have helped a couple of people register and watched them follow the instructions exactly and still their names are not coming through to sports TG. Now having to follow up with FFSA with multiple phone calls and emails.

But glad to hear you had no problems wish it was the same for us!
We had problems too but has been 6 weeks since the registration process was rolled out so all ours were fixed.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group