U12 match abandoned

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Arturo Ui
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

U12 match abandoned

Post by Arturo Ui »

Seriously people get your act together......

And an ex AU player involved, you'd think they'd know better.
Beware of satirical imitations

Save Ferris
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: U12 match abandoned

Post by Save Ferris »

Far out. That is a disgrace.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Arturo Ui wrote:Seriously people get your act together......

Abandoned for what reason?

Chico
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chico »

magnet wrote:

Heavy rain and possible lightning, I think that's what is being insinuated...

Arturo Ui
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Arturo Ui »

Chico wrote:
magnet wrote:

Heavy rain and possible lightning, I think that's what is being insinuated...
Nup
someone wrote:... game was abandoned. Opposition player punching kids on instructions from the coach. Followed by a parent from the opposition coming onto the pitch. Ex Adelaide United players should know better.
Beware of satirical imitations

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

It happens when the stakes are so high in u/12's.......didn't you know an u/13JPLA spot is up for grabs? ;-)

sagooner911
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sagooner911 »

People need to get their facts right about things before commenting on things like this. It is probably best left in the hands of the FFSA to deal with and not idle gossip on here

Baseball Bill
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Baseball Bill »

Yeah because the FFSA are good at dealing with shít.
Giving always takes its toll

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

sagooner911 wrote:People need to get their facts right about things before commenting on things like this. It is probably best left in the hands of the FFSA to deal with and not idle gossip on here
It will just come down to who tells the biggest porkies or who has the highest profile.
Time for some righteous indignation

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

sagooner911 wrote:People need to get their facts right about things before commenting on things like this. It is probably best left in the hands of the FFSA to deal with and not idle gossip on here

Which part do you believe to be wrong?

For me, the sight of an 11 year old prostrate on the ground after being punched off the ball was enough for me to be concerned about the game.

The carry on afterwards by the coach and the ex Adelaide United player was enough for me to feel embarrassed as a football supporter.

The Player, the coach and the parent should receive lengthy bans.

jimmy2014
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jimmy2014 »

clearly this would have all been dealt with appropriately this far past the event?

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

jimmy2014 wrote:clearly this would have all been dealt with appropriately this far past the event?
Probably not, ffsa need to work out how to avoid punishing an ex adelaide united player. That may take some time.

sagooner911
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sagooner911 »

Jonny Liḍon wrote:

For me, the sight of an 11 year old prostrate on the ground after being punched off the ball was enough for me to be concerned about the game.

The carry on afterwards by the coach and the ex Adelaide United player was enough for me to feel embarrassed as a football supporter.

I would gather that from your comments and clearly a very biased opinion of events and a lack of facts that you were at this game to watch the away team at this fixture.
And obviously by your comments you have evidence that the coach and parent told a boy to punch another boy. No I thought not! There are always two sides to every story, and it always takes a spark to start a fire.

r2d2
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by r2d2 »

I don't think this is solely about what actually happened, but rather the chaos that ensued. Coaches (and parents) are the guardians of this sport and should set examples. Passion is great and should be encouraged. Stupidity should be punished.

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

r2d2 wrote:I don't think this is solely about what actually happened, but rather the chaos that ensued. Coaches (and parents) are the guardians of this sport and should set examples. Passion is great and should be encouraged. Stupidity should be punished.
its under12! when will parents and coaches learn, watched a u12 coach absolutely demoralize (yelling, swearing, aggressive behavior) a team of kids at half time because they were down 1 nil, then they come out and totally stop playing. These coaching courses need to have some grading , not just a pass.. Hell, i know a coach who passed and didn't even turn up to a course! FFSA - JM seems to think its ok to pass everyone in community allowing idiot coaches coach without even a look at, then you have AA in the c license pass people who just pay for the next course without doing the assessment ? (another ex adel united player, maybe a pattern here) four coaches moved up without even a test. (listening to two coaches bragging about it at a NPL game ).

FFA should be investigating this one, disgraceful.

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

sagooner911 wrote:
Jonny Liḍon wrote:

I would gather that from your comments and clearly a very biased opinion of events and a lack of facts that you were at this game to watch the away team at this fixture.
And obviously by your comments you have evidence that the coach and parent told a boy to punch another boy. No I thought not! There are always two sides to every story, and it always takes a spark to start a fire.
A biased opinion?

Was there a 11 year old prostrate on the ground after being punched off the ball by an opposition player?
Did the parent (and ex Adelaide united player) enter the field of play?

I would hope the FFSA and the club (if they have any moral code) would be taking VERY strong action to stop it's young players from fighting on a football pitch.

The answer to both of those questions provides your facts.

As for evidence, yes their is a witness to the coach telling the player to hit his opposite number.

As for a spark, do some players not like being marked?

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Were you at the game Jonny?

Ippatsu Geinin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ippatsu Geinin »

He was there.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

FFSA wrote:Dear All,

In recent weeks Football Federation SA (FFSA) has received an increase in reports regarding the conduct of players, officials and spectators on match day and via social media.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind all Clubs, Players, Officials and Spectators of the FFA Codes of Conduct, the FFSA Codes of Conduct and the Social Media Policy. It is vital that all parties are aware of their roles and responsibilities to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment is provided for all stakeholders.

It is expected that all clubs enforce the Codes of Conduct and address inappropriate behaviour being shown by any member or affiliate of their club. This includes the behaviour of spectators at matches and individuals engaging in social media.

Additionally all clubs must ensure a Ground Steward is provided at all home and away matches and that the people acting in this role have been advised of their duties and responsibilities.

Any breaches of the code of conducts or ground steward responsibilities may result in disciplinary action being taken against your club.

In addition to the information outlined above, as we are now part way through the season I would like to remind clubs of some other key items relating the MiniRoos and Junior Boys Competitions;

1. Results are not recorded for MiniRoos matches by FFSA and Clubs should not be promoting or advertising results on their websites or social media pages.

2. If there is a clash of strips as deemed by the Match Official on the day it is the responsibility of the AWAY Team to provide an alternative strip including shirt, shorts and socks.

3. Club Referees assume the same role and responsibility as an FFSA appointed official. Please ensure any club referee is aware of their role during the match as well as their role in completing the team sheet.

4. Team Sheets/Results

a. All teams must use the official team sheet provided via Fox Sports Pulse. All fields must be completed including the players shirt numbers, starting players, substitutes and any players not participating must be crossed off the team sheet. Failure to comply may result in a fine or forfeit depending on the breach of rules.

b. A handwritten team sheet must not be used at any time.

c. Team sheets should be in portrait and fit on one page, please do not use Internet Explorer as the browser does not always print the team sheet in the correct format.

d. Player Statistics

i. The home team is responsible for entering the results at the conclusion of the match.

ii. Both the home and away team are required to complete the player statistics such as goal scorers, yellow cards and red cards. This data will then be cross referenced by FFSA. * Please note that the recording of goal scorers for junior competitions will not be entered by FFSA.

The final reminder is in regards to the communication protocols between FFSA and Clubs. As you would be aware each club provides FFSA with a list of delegates/key contacts at the start of the season. These nominated individuals are the direct link between FFSA and stakeholders within each club. There has been an increase in the amount of parents, players and coaches directly contacting FFSA via phone, email and mobile both during and after hours. As per FFSA’s policy, all communication will only be with the clubs nominated delegates to ensure clear information is being provided at all times. Please be advised that individuals will be directed back to their clubs to address any queries or concerns.

If you have any queries regarding the above information please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss.

Kind regards,

http://www.ffsa.com.au Alex Sunasky

Junior Football & Futsal Coordinator

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

Clear communication from FFSA and Alex :lol:

Is that supposed to be just there for comedic value?

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Jonny Liḍon wrote:Clear communication from FFSA and Alex :lol:

Is that supposed to be just there for comedic value?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTMs606C8-A

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

jimmy2014 wrote:clearly this would have all been dealt with appropriately this far past the event?
FFSA playing their cards close to their chest on this one it would seem. Strange that they will happily go to the media for bans on certain people but stay quiet for others. A cynic might say that they didn't publicise it because the person was ex Adelaide united and one of their employees.

FFSA need to come out and show they are tough on child safety, we've all seen the negative media in the aussie rules for juniors punching people.

Jonny Liḍon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Jonny Liḍon »

Jonny Liḍon wrote:
sagooner911 wrote:
Jonny Liḍon wrote:

A biased opinion?

Was there a 11 year old prostrate on the ground after being punched off the ball by an opposition player?
Did the parent (and ex Adelaide united player) enter the field of play?

I would hope the FFSA and the club (if they have any moral code) would be taking VERY strong action to stop it's young players from fighting on a football pitch.

The answer to both of those questions provides your facts.

As for evidence, yes their is a witness to the coach telling the player to hit his opposite number.

As for a spark, do some players not like being marked?
Where did sagooner go?