ManU Premier Cup not going ahead in 2015

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

ManU Premier Cup not going ahead in 2015

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Word is that the Manchester United Premier Cup will not be held next year due to Nike withdrawing all sponsorship of ManU...

Know that a few U15 coaches and teams were really gearing up for the cup and opportunities go play interstate and potentially overseas.

My son and his teammates and have been speaking and excited about it for months .. now are absolutely gutted

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: ManU Premier Cup not going ahead in 2015

Post by Bomber »

Sacred Noodle wrote:Word is that the Manchester United Premier Cup will not be held next year due to Nike withdrawing all sponsorship of ManU...

Know that a few U15 coaches and teams were really gearing up for the cup and opportunities go play interstate and potentially overseas.

My son and his teammates and have been speaking and excited about it for months .. now are absolutely gutted
Nike probably want to be linked with a decent club, hence they had to make a business decision accordingly.
Ignore this signature

Coach_Mulatinho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Coach_Mulatinho »

Bomber wrote:
Sacred Noodle wrote:Word is that the Manchester United Premier Cup will not be held next year due to Nike withdrawing all sponsorship of ManU...

Nike probably want to be linked with a decent club, hence they had to make a business decision accordingly.
NIke wont be with Man united next year, will be adidas

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Told last night it will now be going ahead .. think called the "Nike Cup"

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

FFSA wrote:Further to my email below regarding the Manchester United Cup, the tournament organisers have advised that the tournament will be going ahead in 2015. FFSA is awaiting further direction from the tournament organisers and from Nike Australia as to the particulars.

FFSA cannot confirm at this time the format of the competition as we are awaiting further information from the tournament organisers. Clubs will be informed once this information is provided.