WA signing fowler

Do you like talking to yourself? Do you like continually talking about the same topic? Do you watch football games from outside the perimeter fence to avoid paying entry fees? Do you like reliving past glories over and over and over and over? If so then this is the forum might be for you. You can grind your axes to your hearts content in this forum.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: WA signing fowler

Post by Old Master »

Actually, isn't Manchester, sorry Melbourne, City's badge ethnic?

It looks very much like the original MC badge to these tired, old eyes.

There is still no way WAH will get into the A League, as they have no supporters, well nowhere near the League's basic requirement of 5,000, potentially.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Old Master wrote:Actually, isn't Manchester, sorry Melbourne, City's badge ethnic?

There is still no way WAH will get into the A League, as they have no supporters, well nowhere near the League's basic requirement of 5,000, potentially.
The Melb City badge is based around the City of Melbourne's flag.

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

Stuckey wrote:
Old Master wrote:Actually, isn't Manchester, sorry Melbourne, City's badge ethnic?

The Melb City badge is based around the City of Melbourne's flag.
Which is racist... discriminates against non-English people.

Sawajiri Erika
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sawajiri Erika »

Cry me a river.
I'm not english and I'm not offended.
Last edited by Sawajiri Erika on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

What is ethnic about it?

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

To catholic Irishmen it probably looks like the northern Irish flag,minus the hand & animals!

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

That is why the ethnic name ban in NPL and Hal is a farce.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

johndedes wrote:Shoot goal

That is why the ethnic name ban in NPL and Hal is a farce.

No, your comments are farcical. Same old b. u. l. l. s. h. i. t all the time!! There is no doubt that starting all over again when establishing the A-League has been an unqualified success. The game is now a "mainstream sport" in Australia and not on the periphery. I say this even though I have always supported an "ethnic" club all my life.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

predrag wrote:To catholic Irishmen it probably looks like the northern Irish flag,minus the hand & animals!
the australia flag looks like the new zealand flag - ban it

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

The ethnic name ban is racist.

Pooraka Sałt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pooraka Sałt »

predrag wrote:To catholic Irishmen it probably looks like the northern Irish flag,minus the hand & animals!
What animals are on the Northern Irish flag?
Back by popular demand

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

United We Stand wrote:

No, your comments are farcical. Same old b. u. l. l. s. h. i. t all the time!! There is no doubt that starting all over again when establishing the A-League has been an unqualified success. The game is now a "mainstream sport" in Australia and not on the periphery. I say this even though I have always supported an "ethnic" club all my life.
Let me know when you're not getting suckered in to replying to JD and Grosso's every comment and I'll unblock you.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Stuckey wrote:
United We Stand wrote:

Let me know when you're not getting suckered in to replying to JD and Grosso's every comment and I'll unblock you.
:lol:
Ignore this signature

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

It has been good publicity for West Adelaide and Adelaide City over the past month in terms of them trying to get into the A-League or second division.

But, i can tell you that if there was to be a new team in those competitions, it will be a FFSA backed uniformed club, similar to the approach Football West has currently in the plans.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

BeNatural wrote:It has been good publicity for West Adelaide and Adelaide City over the past month in terms of them trying to get into the A-League or second division.

But, i can tell you that if there was to be a new team in those competitions, it will be a FFSA backed uniformed club, similar to the approach Football West has currently in the plans.
Development-wise that sounds good. But the FFSA has zero fans. Who is going to attend an FFSA FC team?
The point I see of a second club would be to offer a point of difference to AU. Whether that be location, representation or image. I can't see FFSA being significantly different to what AU represents.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

Stuckey wrote:
BeNatural wrote:It has been good publicity for West Adelaide and Adelaide City over the past month in terms of them trying to get into the A-League or second division.

Development-wise that sounds good. But the FFSA has zero fans. Who is going to attend an FFSA FC team?
The point I see of a second club would be to offer a point of difference to AU. Whether that be location, representation or image. I can't see FFSA being significantly different to what AU represents.
I said a FFSA backed team, it wont be a new team as such, but made up of a number of current clubs.
It will be made up from a particular zone.
Originally the plans were for a northern Adelaide team backed by FFSA, but since then Adelaide United found this issue out, and did a deal with Playford Council.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

BeNatural wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

I said a FFSA backed team, it wont be a new team as such, but made up of a number of current clubs.
Originally the plans were for a northern Adelaide team backed by FFSA, but since then Adelaide United found this issue out, and did a deal with Playford Council.
:lol: Yeah that's the only reason they moved out North. Imagine if the club actually had to money to make calls like that.
FFSA back team. Ok that makes more sense. I'd be happy to see that once they actually make the NPL season a decent length.

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

Stuckey wrote: :lol: Yeah that's the only reason they moved out North. Imagine if the club actually had to money to make calls like that.
FFSA back team. Ok that makes more sense. I'd be happy to see that once they actually make the NPL season a decent length.
You do know that Adelaide United was a Federation backed club when it formed.

It then went on to sell the club to a private consortium.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

The bottom line on the Ledger is all good for AU eg looking after the budget, going north, cheap overseas cost players etc.
All these actions make it less the people's team for many of us.
One day a second Adelaide Hal or nsl team will rise.
This will worry the AU owners .
Better sell now?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

BeNatural wrote:
Stuckey wrote: :lol: Yeah that's the only reason they moved out North. Imagine if the club actually had to money to make calls like that.
You do know that Adelaide United was a Federation backed club when it formed.

It then went on to sell the club to a private consortium.
Yes I'm aware the federation played a part in the formation of the club.

Arturo Ui
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Arturo Ui »

It's all true after all.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 50dcaa9ada

Even a strong rumour West Adelaide will be fielding a candidate in the 2020 US presidential election.
Beware of satirical imitations

Humphrey
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Humphrey »

BeNatural wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

Come on get your hand off it. A number of local clubs you say, yeh Metro, Croydon & Comets with a total of 10 supporters. Private money will determine if a second club eventuates not the FFSA.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

Humphrey wrote: Come on get your hand off it. A number of local clubs you say, yeh Metro, Croydon & Comets with a total of 10 supporters. Private money will determine if a second club eventuates not the FFSA.
a new western based Adelaide club starting out in the a-league will attract new supporters if marketed effectively, not just those associated with some of the clubs in the area. Not everyone in south Australia is a die hard NPL fan that refuses to support opposition npl clubs. get a grip.
Im closer than you think

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Well my source tells me that WA2 are meeting with the FFA next week on this matter.
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Wah2 are over thinking they are a future Hal contender.

Wah original made that mistake when they re- entered the old nsl after getting relegated .

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:Well my source tells me that WA2 are meeting with the FFA next week on this matter.

I doubt very much that they will get any encouragement, unless they become de-ethnicised.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

God is an Englishman wrote:Well my source tells me that WA2 are meeting with the FFA next week on this matter.
The Club?
Or just AH

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Wah2 is wah2 not Wah original.
I wish the club well in NPL .

Forget about Hal .