Very Interesting Today On The Radio

Do you like talking to yourself? Do you like continually talking about the same topic? Do you watch football games from outside the perimeter fence to avoid paying entry fees? Do you like reliving past glories over and over and over and over? If so then this is the forum might be for you. You can grind your axes to your hearts content in this forum.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Forum Admins

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Very Interesting Today On The Radio

Post by Stitch This »

Just-Me wrote:Who talks more crap JD or you? If your going to bag someone at least do it with facts. Soccer is about passion not about money. If someone is stupid enough to pay you then good luck to you. When I played 99% player played the game cause they loved it. Money was a by-product.
In my day kids were sent down the mines to work, no time for playing sport.
Time for some righteous indignation

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

I walked many kms to and from school, as well as sporting events, through knee deep snow. even when it wasn't snowing.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

fball12 wrote:How would it exceed $350k, the council does everything for them for free!
If it does exceed $350k its because they have their snouts in the trough - coaches, senior players, administrators - all overpaid!

People go there because they live near there, they have a captured market.

The other clubs in the vicinity charge the same, its called collusion.
Here we a go, another Grosso type who has no involvement in the game, does nothing, but has all the answers and can't wait to tell everyone how they should be doing it.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

PDog wrote:I walked many kms to and from school, as well as sporting events, through knee deep snow. even when it wasn't snowing.
Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of shoebox at twelve o’clock at night and lick road clean with tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two with bread knife. :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

PDog wrote:I walked many kms to and from school, as well as sporting events, through knee deep snow. even when it wasn't snowing.
you lucky sherry, what I'd have given to have walked to school. I had to crawl miles (remember a mile is further as well) on my hands and knees so as not to wear out my shoes. When I say shoes, I mean bits of wood that were stuck to my feet.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of shoebox at twelve o’clock at night and lick road clean with tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two with bread knife. :wink:
You had a shoebox, LUXURY!

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
So you were from an elite family, I hated you well to do kids.

What I would have done for two bits of cold gravel.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

johndedes wrote:Shoot goal

Yes I to played for zip.
Perfect, so you agree that you paying nothing to play at Junior level and being paid nothing at Senior level is then exactly the same as today paying to play Juniors and being paid to play Seniors. Bravo, your learning something :wink:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

COLOSSUS wrote:

Yes I to played for zip.
Perfect, so you agree that you paying nothing to play at Junior level and being paid nothing at Senior level is then exactly the same as today paying to play Juniors and being paid to play Seniors. Bravo, your learning something :wink:
Isnt it great that our local players, who would train 3 some train 4 times a week at U18 to senior level, if they dont make it to the A-League or overseas, that they can actually get a small reimbursement each week to play our sport at Semi Professional level.

Even at Amateur level in the SAASL, players are paid a small reimbursement each week to play our sport.

Animosity
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Animosity »

BeNatural wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:

Yes I to played for zip.
Isnt it great that our local players, who would train 3 some train 4 times a week at U18 to senior level, if they dont make it to the A-League or overseas, that they can actually get a small reimbursement each week to play our sport at Semi Professional level.

Even at Amateur level in the SAASL, players are paid a small reimbursement each week to play our sport.
Think you'll find a lot of the amateur's actually receive a bigger reimbursement than feds

Also in regards to hawksey I'm struggling to find what England's 7th division has to do with South Australia. Does the second tier footballers over there receive pay?
If so why? I've seen stacks of Better South American's who play for the love

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

BeNatural wrote:Even at Amateur level in the SAASL, players are paid a small reimbursement each week to play our sport.
Show me the money :P

(BTW you're wrong - the majority of amateur players are NOT paid.)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Alf Stewart wrote:Also in regards to hawksey I'm struggling to find what England's 7th division has to do with South Australia. Does the second tier footballers over there receive pay?
If so why? I've seen stacks of Better South American's who play for the love
Because the 7th division in England is the equivalent standard of your 2nd tier.

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Yes I to played for zip.
John, there is an obvious reason why you played for zip!
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Played for zip because we were ripped off.
Bad karma by not paying proper wages to us hit the club back big time , it folded.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bad karma by not paying proper wages to us hit the club back big time , it folded.
Maybe if your juniors paid a small fee, you would have been fairly compensated and the club never folded.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Maybe if your juniors paid a small fee, you would have been fairly compensated and the club never folded.
Maybe if they'd paid their bills and paid their players, they'd have folded sooner.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:Says the bloke who has only ever played SAASL here (usually in B's or C's). :wink:
Here - correct.

I've played a few A's games but mainly B's. I've also played in the collegiate league and have been invited to join federation clubs. I sound like OM now, maybe I should tell you about my times as a professional footballer over lunch.

You should tell us all about your supposed 'career' in Football and then you'd be seen for the liar you are.

At least my claims are true and I have proof of them. :lol:

How many press write ups did your career deliver?

Do you have any idea of the gulf between full time professional Football in Europe and SA Amateur Football?

I've got a large suitcase stuffed with mine.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
Bomber wrote:Says the bloke who has only ever played SAASL here (usually in B's or C's). :wink:
Here - correct.

I've played a few A's games but mainly B's. I've also played in the collegiate league and have been invited to join federation clubs. I sound like OM now, maybe I should tell you about my times as a professional footballer over lunch.

You should tell us all about your supposed 'career' in Football and then you'd be seen for the liar you are.

At least my claims are true and I have proof of them. :lol:

How many press write ups did your career deliver?

Do you have any idea of the gulf between full time professional Football in Europe and SA Amateur Football?

I've got a large suitcase stuffed with mine.
I have proved you to be a liar so many times it's getting silly now.

In answer to your questions (You see, I don't avoid them like you)

Four
Yes

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Bomber wrote:

WRONG! to subsidise the wages for a player of Johns standard each child would have had to pay a £1000 each.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Just-Me
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Just-Me »

BeNatural wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:

Yes I to played for zip.

And hence one of the reasons fees are what they are.

Just-Me
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Just-Me »

Bomber wrote:

Ego is what killed West Adelaide. The same ego that makes clubs bring in new talent and pay them big dollars instead of playing their own players.

Sven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sven »

Absolute disgrace that comment about Greeks and dogs a disgrace you should be banned from FN?
Please explain JD? Are you still upset he pulled more votes than you in the best and fairest count?

Sven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sven »

So you want to be paid as a player yet you want juniors to be free. Ummmmmm I can hear an echo.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

The Kop wrote: Are any Modbury Jets players paid? If so, why?
No one is paid to play at Modbury Jets.
Really?

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

A fair distribution of wages not a slave shop rip off .

Urusei Yatsura
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Urusei Yatsura »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
Really?
I think there is a good chance he is correct.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Stitch This wrote:
fball12 wrote:How would it exceed $350k, the council does everything for them for free!
If it does exceed $350k its because they have their snouts in the trough - coaches, senior players, administrators - all overpaid!

People go there because they live near there, they have a captured market.

The other clubs in the vicinity charge the same, its called collusion.
Here we a go, another Grosso type who has no involvement in the game, does nothing, but has all the answers and can't wait to tell everyone how they should be doing it.
Snouts in trough.

Oink, Oink...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Pie and Bovril wrote:
Really?
Yes, really. Well certainly not as far as I know anyway. Maybe someone's Dad is giving them extra pocket money.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

A fair distribution of wages not a slave shop rip off .

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Yes, really. Well certainly not as far as I know anyway. Maybe someone's Dad is giving them extra pocket money.[/quote]
I would have thought they'd need paying to play on that pudding of a pitch. Surprising as I know state league 2 players that are getting paid.