JD v Junior Clubs

Do you like talking to yourself? Do you like continually talking about the same topic? Do you watch football games from outside the perimeter fence to avoid paying entry fees? Do you like reliving past glories over and over and over and over? If so then this is the forum might be for you. You can grind your axes to your hearts content in this forum.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Forum Admins

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

JD v Junior Clubs

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

AU in local ffsa leagues will devalue it as the whole leagues and clubs with it.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: FFSA Senior/Juniors 2016

Post by themessenger »

johnydep wrote:
Mrs Red wrote:Can Adelaide United play in the NPL in 2016 if they get a promotion spot from this year if they haven't got any junior teams - (all NPL clubs are meant to have junior teams from U6's to U16's)

The juniors are meant to be playing the same teams as the seniors next year on a weekly basis - will this be for the 12 NPL (top division clubs) only and not the other 2 divisions. (this is the set up in WA ie the 12 WA NPL clubs junior programing is linked to who the seniors teams are playing but the lower division teams are not).
Technically - NO.

The FFSA ordered requirement was that all NPL teams must have, at a minimum, U12, U14, U16 teams.

Realistically - the rules change like the wind. Whichever way blows harder, they follow. :cry:

To keep the peace; I wouldn't be surprised if we see AU form three junior teams.

According to the Competition Rules and Regs updated March 2015 the requirement is for all NPL clubs in the Premier League to field junior teams in every age group from u6 - u16s.

In the next paragraph it says this rule will not apply to National Youth league Teams playing in the Premier League.

Interestingly that rule also goes on to say that for every junior team an NPL Premier League club withdraws once the season has started, or has failed to fill, their Senior team will lose 3 points. For every Miniroos team they fail to have playing will see them penalised a further 1 point.

So are there any Premier League clubs who are not currently filling a team in every junior age group or Miniroos?

If there are, then presumably they will be losing points for that. Could be critical to those bottom 4 teams facing relegation at the end of the season.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Pirates have trouble then don't they?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

AU already have that football school we hear very little about.
I wonder if that can be expanded next season.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Nothing new

The two great original old clubs eg Juve and Hellas had complete structures but sasf politics tried hard to deny them local league presence a shameful sasf political agenda back then moved by that red club .
AU now in the local league is negative.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

Mini roos start this week and for the first time mini roos are required to use on line team sheets - let the fun begin.

All the NPL teams have teams nominated teams from U6-16 now the test will come to see if all clubs have the numbers to fill all these teams. Im sure they will.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Get money from kids again slave labour shame

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: West Adelaide appoint Phil Stubbins as

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Discussion:
In my opinion and by observation over decades local club need good coaches of volume in its Junior Colts before taking on a so called Technocal Director.
At present ffsa junior soccer is just a money grab venture to sustain senior clubs.
Most coaches are Dads with their children playing etc.
In the past it was not like this.

What I like to see is the ffsa to cull the poly filla numbers of children forced to pay high fees to kick a ball on a park at ffsa clubs. In its place develope a junior colts league based on the ffsa senior clubs status eg in NPL or State. Eg under 10, 12, 14 and 16's as elite teams in each club .
The rest of the excess diverted to associated schools and amateur league junior colts leagues or newly set up leagues .
Of course this is controversial because the ffsa clubs and ffsa is use to the income generated from numbers of junior players kicking a ball on the park.
The other controversial policy that should be implemented for my proposed elite ffsa junior colts set up is free fees and registration.
Only this way the game will move forward.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

The ffsa is to blame big time for letting the funding model of the local game he based on income from children playing ffsa junior colts soccer and in real terms benefiting from it.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Think about this one?
In the good old days before NSL.
You had less sasf junior Colt teams and players but larger local crowds watching sasf soccer. Today you have so many ffsa junior Colt teams at clubs which do not translate to senior ffsa spectators.
Why???? Something is obviously wrong here.
It actually means that the majority of ffsa junior colts players are not interested in watching the senior team and not really focused on the game at elite level.
In my day I played junior colts soccer and wanted to watch senior local soccer so I can learn from observation.
This is the key to producing good junior players that want to progress up in the ranks.
At present the system is only producing cash from junior soccer.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Adel United to withdraw from FFSANPL

Post by Tzon »

N5 1BH wrote:Been reading this thread and to be honest I find this whole NPL thing a headfuck, why so many daft rules and unnecessary hurdles just to play football. It all seems geared for exploitation by the better informed or connected, not surprised there is a general lack of interest in the broader community. Really only interested in juniors atm so no real opinion on seniors but here’s a few of many questions that I don’t know the answer to;

Why can’t the NPL clubs play whoever they like, what’s it got to do with anyone else who they pick or why.

Why can’t AU have juniors. What would be a negative about it in the whole scheme of things, more choice is good no. Would it then mean they don’t take other clubs players for their NPL team.

Why does every senior NPL club have to have every junior team. Many senior clubs at this level elsewhere don’t have any juniors. It’s not always feasible.

Why are completely legitimate junior only clubs being stifled by fed junior league policies instead of encouraged, growth restricted and for what. Price gouging only outcome I can see

Why insist all juniors are academy material, be very lucky to get 50 genuine prospects in Adelaide. Let the rest of them enjoy their childhoods and play to win with their mates, might even breed of few winners.
I scored....again

I suggest you read some history of the local game as well.
Some negatives that has made the game what it is eg a farce.

Ban of ethnic names early 1990's.
Today's cash for kids as the funding model for ffsa clubs.
The ban on open age reserve teams for sasf and ffsa clubs.
The continual changes if ffsa league structures eg 10 teams no 14 no more no less a farce.
Allowing AU in ffsa leagues.
Etc just done stupid forced changes

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: NPL/State Leagues

Post by Tzon »

redfred wrote:Patronising?
all I'm stating is E&D is there as a organisation that in the majority will enable kids to play and appreciate the game for what it is.
Nearly every player that has made it to a high level of the sport that has come from the north has come out of E&D. It is where we northerners started up until FFSA recently provided small sided football for the younger age groups also.
What annoys me is the fact that people believe that all kids should get higher training and that all kids should aspire to the top. Yes we need X amount for the game to go forward but we also need kids to just participate rather than play the game on playstation.
E&D and SAASL do a fantastic job in making our sport enjoyable and especially AFFORDABLE . They just need to get Womens football also under their umbrella to encapture everyone. Not everyone is an aspiring Messi
Shoot goal

Good write.

But the ffsa junior colts model does not point towards participation but money raising.
E&D does.