Junior high fees and eftpos machines

Do you like talking to yourself? Do you like continually talking about the same topic? Do you watch football games from outside the perimeter fence to avoid paying entry fees? Do you like reliving past glories over and over and over and over? If so then this is the forum might be for you. You can grind your axes to your hearts content in this forum.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Forum Admins

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Junior high fees and eftpos machines

Post by lefty »

Bomber wrote:
paul merson wrote:
west_ham wrote:2015 fees Under 12's

Adelaide City $860
Campbelltown $850
Metro $880
Blue Eagles $850
Yet all these clubs are in demand, oh by the way Adel City juniors arent North east, they are actually based in the city.

Any other Premier league clubs?
Croydon:
U6-9 - $495
U10-11 - $695
U12-17 - $795
Discounts applicable to parent's who have more than one child playing I believe, but not sure how much.
Also note - many players get personal sponsor (local deli owner, uncle Johnny etc) who pay the fees and get framed player photo/strip on display in their place of business.
Its not the cost of the fees that is the issue as they are all relatively justified & affordable its more about how much clubs spend of that money on the development of juniors & coaches.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Development of coaches are the big point lefty, development of the kids will come with the development of the coaches.

Its the biggest issue in my opinion with the FFA/FFSA at the moment, slash the cost of coach education and get as many junior coaches on the right path asap, dont worry about accreditation for senior coaches being pushed first, if a senior coach doesnt do a good job he'll be sacked, if a junior coach doesnt do a good job he'll hamper a childs development.

Now Im not saying senior coaches shouldnt go through the current coaching courses as I really do think they are necesary but junior coach education is a must here and I believe the FFA/FFSA need to be doing as much as possible to make them as accessable and affordable as they can.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

All valid points.

It can be tough filling coaching roles let alone getting good qualified ones sometimes, as the more you demand from one, the more you'll find yourselves, as a club, having to compensate them.

That said, most clubs want a decent balance of senior success AND junior development. The more the FFSA focuses on facilitating clubs so that they can aspire to being competitive in all facets, the better we can all become.
Ignore this signature

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

lefty wrote:
paul merson wrote:Development of coaches are the big point lefty, development of the kids will come with the development of the coaches.

Its the biggest issue in my opinion with the FFA/FFSA at the moment, slash the cost of coach education and get as many junior coaches on the right path asap, dont worry about accreditation for senior coaches being pushed first, if a senior coach doesnt do a good job he'll be sacked, if a junior coach doesnt do a good job he'll hamper a childs development.

Now Im not saying senior coaches shouldnt go through the current coaching courses as I really do think they are necesary but junior coach education is a must here and I believe the FFA/FFSA need to be doing as much as possible to make them as accessable and affordable as they can.
Yes I agree more needs to be done with development of coaches although I dont think the cost of education from FFA/FFSA are excessive $135 I believe it is unless of coarse you want to do an Asia A, B or C license. Each club has or should have a Coaching Director this person should be responsible for developing coaches within there club & provide training & game plans for their club coaches in line with the National Curriculum. As it stands at the moment from my experience is these Coaching Directors spend way too much time dealing with parents expectations & issues.
By 2016 coaches of JPL teams must have a Youth C Licence. The course cost is about $1400 plus any work down time to attend, travel, etc.

Clubs are either paying for the course or assisting.

The clubs Technical Coach will require New B Licence, another cost.

TRUTH
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by TRUTH »

Bomber wrote:
paul merson wrote:
west_ham wrote:2015 fees Under 12's

Adelaide City $860
Campbelltown $850
Metro $880
Blue Eagles $850
Yet all these clubs are in demand, oh by the way Adel City juniors arent North east, they are actually based in the city.

Any other Premier league clubs?
Croydon:
U6-9 - $495
U10-11 - $695
U12-17 - $795
Discounts applicable to parent's who have more than one child playing I believe, but not sure how much.
Also note - many players get personal sponsor (local deli owner, uncle Johnny etc) who pay the fees and get framed player photo/strip on display in their place of business.
Excellent way to help reduce fees

TRUTH
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by TRUTH »

johnydep wrote:
lefty wrote:
paul merson wrote:Development of coaches are the big point lefty, development of the kids will come with the development of the coaches.

Yes I agree more needs to be done with development of coaches although I dont think the cost of education from FFA/FFSA are excessive $135 I believe it is unless of coarse you want to do an Asia A, B or C license. Each club has or should have a Coaching Director this person should be responsible for developing coaches within there club & provide training & game plans for their club coaches in line with the National Curriculum. As it stands at the moment from my experience is these Coaching Directors spend way too much time dealing with parents expectations & issues.
By 2016 coaches of JPL teams must have a Youth C Licence. The course cost is about $1400 plus any work down time to attend, travel, etc.

Clubs are either paying for the course or assisting.

The clubs Technical Coach will require New B Licence, another cost.
This is one area were Aussie Rules, Rugby and Rugby League crap all over our game.. They help and keep cost low in order to put coaches though these courses. Is this a back door revenue raising exercise in our game.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: GRIFFIN U MUPPET

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Junior fees are high. What is carter and co going to do about it???

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

johndedes wrote:Shoot goal

nothing mate. carter and co like it just the way it is. they over charge which in turn forces the clubs to over charge colts fees in order to survive and pay the legends in their own lunchboxes\seniors that is,money the leagues cannot truly afford. actualy there is not that much money in the leagues but people like makris etc come and go but leave inflation in their wake. because of this there is not much loyalty anymore,but there are mercenarys in abundance. shame isnt it. :cry:

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

THE ORAKLE wrote:

nothing mate. carter and co like it just the way it is. they over charge which in turn forces the clubs to over charge colts fees in order to survive and pay the legends in their own lunchboxes\seniors that is,money the leagues cannot truly afford. actualy there is not that much money in the leagues but people like makris etc come and go but leave inflation in their wake. because of this there is not much loyalty anymore,but there are mercenarys in abundance. shame isnt it. :cry:
Shoot goal

You missed one?
Prize money today is a joke compared to the good old days.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: New FFA Chairman

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

The new era of soccer in Australia under the FFA .

Junior fees are higher and higher than my time in the 1960 to 1970 period when it was free.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Here is another for the thinking person ?

The govt today is promoting for people to be more sustainable.
But how can you be if water costs too much these days therefore you cannot grow fruit and veggies in your backyard that is if you have one and therefore forced to go to shopping centres by car to shop because public transport is not suitable . Come home forced to drive by car to pick up the children from school come home take the children by car again to play soccer for which you are charged high junior soccer fees.
This all did not happen in my good old days.
Last edited by Tzon on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

As junior soccer has become a " cash cow" funding the game everything else for the ordinary person in " the burbs" has become vehicles for cash grabs. Water, electricity, petrol etc etc

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: FFSA Board

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

At the end of the day what difference is it going to make for the local game?

Increased sponsorship money?
Bigger championship prize money ?
Lower junior fees ?
Less fees to pay FFSA for using their managed grounds?
What ?????

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Cost of Football

Post by Tzon »

Mackem Lad wrote:True story: Last in Gawler I saw kids having a kick about for free. No need for floodlights, daylight saving.
Shoot goal
Bravo well written.
But junior soccer training in winter is at night?

Maybe junior soccer needs to be incorporated into the school system so children can train during the day?

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

The Kop wrote:

True story:
When I was in Georgetown Malaysia I saw people playing soccer on public parks at night floodlight by govt for free.
Govt can do the same for junior sports clubs here?
Being an election year and all, why don't you lobby candidates for gratis/discounted utilities.

(of course the devil in the detail of your story is in countries like Australia, we privatise the sh*t out of everything so nothing is for free)
Shoot goal
Bravo well written good points.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

God is an Englishman wrote:

True story:
When I was in Georgetown Malaysia I saw people playing soccer on public parks at night floodlight by govt for free.
Govt can do the same for junior sports clubs here?
How do you know it was for free?
Shoot goal

I asked them?

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Bomber wrote:
El Paso del Norte wrote:The most incredible thing about all of this is that in this day and age, this topic can still get 6 pages...

:lol:
Reflective of school education system here nowadays. If a kid is just dumb or lazy or both, you can't dismiss he or she as such. Teachers are forced to persist and do their best to "pass" them. JD fits this mould, so until he "passes", there will be ongoing issues and frustration. :cry:
Shoot goal
Cracked myself laughing Ta .
I pass the ball to you.
Who is paying for my HECS bill????

Union Jack
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Union Jack »

You're listening to too many John Rocca records.
To be sure, to be sure!
I want to you partake in some shenanigans

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Bomber wrote:

Good morning,

Yes I might surprise you eg last year I watched the senior match against wah2, also watched quite a few junior matches on a Sunday , bought a few of those 500ml polish beers , so I might be a bit in tune given many of my comments made in fn that various gurus feel are unfounded , I noticed at Polonia I prefer to call it there is a new managing body there of Italian background .

....and?
Shoot goal
So how much is Polonia charging juniors to play?

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Understand
Your chance to state your case on fn to show how high your expenses are????

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

My post got cut fn!!!

I said for clubs to state their expense claims on fn for this topic to counter argue ???

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: FFSA Board

Post by Tzon »

BeNatural wrote:

Are junior fees on the boards radar?

Eg $800pa at certain FFSA clubs for under 10's etc

Disgrace
Here we go again.
Shoot goal

If they just let this go on and on ask yourself what is it there for ???

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Lower Crowds

Post by Tzon »

Stuckey wrote:It would be interesting to see if this large exposure from TV is a boost to sponsorship as crowds dwindle.

IMO the crowd figures are a representation of society. Families really need to pick what they spend their time and money on these days.
Shoot goal

Good points especially when FFSA junior soccer is getting unaffordable for families.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: 2016 in Revue

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

JD's review :

Lowest crowds ever.
Highest junior fees ever.
Lowest prize money ever.

I did not attend not one NPL match.

JD's tip to the NPL clubs.
If you want to win? Build a team around a solid defence.
Last edited by Tzon on Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: 2016 in Revue

Post by BeNatural »

JD's review :

Lowest crowds ever.
Highest junior fees ever.
Lowest prize money ever.

I did not attend not one NPL match.
Lowest crowds ever. Crowds were up this season compared to the past decade