Local League v HAL

Do you like talking to yourself? Do you like continually talking about the same topic? Do you watch football games from outside the perimeter fence to avoid paying entry fees? Do you like reliving past glories over and over and over and over? If so then this is the forum might be for you. You can grind your axes to your hearts content in this forum.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Forum Admins

Lumper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Local League v HAL

Post by Lumper »

United We Stand wrote:
johndedes wrote:Bravo we are debating.
That means your thinking about my points.
I said and am questioning this point being footy fans hardcore do not go to soccer matches winter or summer. There is no challenge to the world game eg HAL league if it went back to winter.
But soccer fans hardcore go watch afl eg me and many others.
If I had to choose eg footy over soccer if both were played in winter I would follow or go to soccer and listen to footy results on my iPhone as in the old days you listened to footy on the radio while at a soccer match.
I said 30,000 at the victory was poor and should have been say 50,000 plus because you tell me what other major sporting event was on in Melbourne that day or night??? Zip is the answer, melbourne being the sporting Mecca in ozz should have had more people or sports people at that match. For 3 million plus population it was a poor result. That is my point.
I have stated that HAL league should revert to winter to help and support the local leagues and players around Australia at present the are not working well in conjunction not good for the game.
Like I said footy people never go to soccer matches but soccer people go watch afl in winter because they Have no choice to make.

"Bravo we are debating?" It is a pity that YOU have an inability to think or debate. You again completely ignored the question that I have posed to you TWICE and ignored my comment about the FFA Cup filling the role of connecting the local leagues with the HAL.

Logically, if many football (soccer) fans in Melbourne go to AFL like you say, wouldn't HAL attendances in winter be lower? Are you saying that they would go to both AFL and the HAL in winter? Having the HAL in spring/summer means that some of those AFL fans that do not go to the soccer during winter could be attracted as new followers of the HAL.

Your argument (like yourself JD!!) lacks credibility as the NSL in winter did not have anywhere near the attendances of the present day HAL. I know that the HAL is trying(and succeeding) in positioning our great game in the mainstream sporting landscape. I know that it is different to the NSL which was mainly comprised of ethnic community sponsored clubs. However, the result would definitely be the same if the present HAL reverted to winter. The attendances would be lower AND have less chance of progressively growing. Brisbane clubs in the NSL (Brisbane Strikers Grand Final vs Sydney United excepted) were absolute basket cases with regular 1000-1500 crowds (Sometimes less than 1000!!). Look at today's opening game of attendance of 16,000 plus and ask yourself, if the Roar could get that crowd in rugby mad Brisbane in winter.

Just because you would choose to go to the soccer and listen to the AFL results on the radio doesn't mean that everybody does the same. Several of my mates are die hard AFL fans, who now attend Adelaide United matches after I treated them to a game in summer. They are now fanatics of the Reds, but they admit that they wouldn't go to United in preference to the Power or the Crows if they were both played in winter.

Hasn't the growing success of the HAL convinced you of this or are you just stirring to get a reaction?
I think you've answered your own question there. JD will always take the opposite view just to be difficult. Your logic is perfect to understand but to him.

I await his rebuttal to your address but believe he'll deliver another misguided attempt, complete with poor grammar and punctuation, which I also suspect he does for added effect. No one could be so poor about grammar without trying.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

I said a choice needs to be made if say HAL was in winter for soccer fans that go to afl in winter.
There is no choice for afl fans that never go to HAL matches winter or summer statistics already show this.
Ok then should local leagues go summer to properly align the game top down?
Last edited by Tzon on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

johndedes wrote:I said a choice needs to be made if say HAL was in winter for soccer fans that go to afl in winter.
There is no choice for afl fans they never go to HAL matches winter or summer statistics already show this.
Ok then should local leagues go summer to properly align the game top down?
Just over 90,000 in round one, still not enough for JD.

He wants to return to winter NSL system, good luck.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Please, do not twist the debate, we are on the same page, I would like to see a very successful HAL League and local leagues.
However there is a local league dilemma and Junior Fees are becoming unsustainable because of this.
Recently I talked to some parents who rang me up for some advice.
I said to them you have no choice pay the fees for your child to play FFSA Junior Under 10's soccer in Adelaide, and to my amazement the asking fee was well over $600 per annum.
It was my FREE in my era eg 1970's.

In this debate I have stated that playing HAl in Summer does not equate to increased crowds from AFL. Because AFL people in general do not go to the so called "Wog Ball" game. Now this sounds questionable the tag I heard recently from a person. But this is fact that is what our World Game is still called in Ozz.

OK the crowds for the opening of the HAL were reported as good but they should be better iof the game is to attract "Sports People" to watch.
Sports People are lovers of sport. But sadly I do not see this in Ozz there is a market that is just AFL, not AFL and HAL spectators.

So as I have debated in trying to gel the HAL and local Leagues in one season is the big dilemma in the game to move forward. Either both in winter or both in summer or???
Because the game at grass roots is becoming unsustainable in fees and crowd numbers at local games are non existent.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

johndedes wrote:Please, do not twist the debate, we are on the same page, I would like to see a very successful HAL League and local leagues.
However there is a local league dilemma and Junior Fees are becoming unsustainable because of this.
Recently I talked to some parents who rang me up for some advice.
I said to them you have no choice pay the fees for your child to play FFSA Junior Under 10's soccer in Adelaide, and to my amazement the asking fee was well over $600 per annum.
It was my FREE in my era eg 1970's.

In this debate I have stated that playing HAl in Summer does not equate to increased crowds from AFL. Because AFL people in general do not go to the so called "Wog Ball" game. Now this sounds questionable the tag I heard recently from a person. But this is fact that is what our World Game is still called in Ozz.

OK the crowds for the opening of the HAL were reported as good but they should be better iof the game is to attract "Sports People" to watch.
Sports People are lovers of sport. But sadly I do not see this in Ozz there is a market that is just AFL, not AFL and HAL spectators.

So as I have debated in trying to gel the HAL and local Leagues in one season is the big dilemma in the game to move forward. Either both in winter or both in summer or???
Because the game at grass roots is becoming unsustainable in fees and crowd numbers at local games are non existent.
Obviously the stunt double has been called in :shock:
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Insider Trading
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Insider Trading »

Dedes won't attend a HAL match until hindmarsh offers free wi-fi. Why can't AU see this?

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Insider Trading wrote:Dedes won't attend a HAL match until hindmarsh offers free wi-fi. Why can't AU see this?
Bravo one of the best posts to date bravo, free wifi at Hindmarsh would help the game that is for sure eg live commentary as well

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

What is the price of coopers @ Coopers?

blue bags
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by blue bags »

johndedes wrote:What is the price of coopers @ Coopers?
I think you have got football all wrong John

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by wizard »

blue bags wrote:
Too much.

They should be selling West End too.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

blue bags wrote:
Sounds like he's got it pretty right to me.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Membership Tally

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

AU is a Budget Club and any new coach needs to work within these limits.
Destined for failure ..........

The AU hierarchy should read the book called " Game Theory"?
Then implement strategy of team play mindset for winning goals as a team heading in the same direction.
JK understood this.
You can have an average bunch of players winning only if they believe in themselves and for this to happen they have to have the winning mindset .
Another example WAH 1978 nsl championship win.
This was not a great team but a team that played as a unit.

Another strategy AU needs to adapt is to be seen out and about in Adelaide as a team when it is not playing or training eg at pubs, restaurants and clubs . Coopers is the Stadium they play under and they need to help the cause. Having party down time is also good for team spirit . Plus it also promotes the club and Adelaide the City .
Some good for thought.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Adelaide United circus

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Good read

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Adelaide United circus

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Sounds like a Circus???
Any free tickets ???

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: The 1 ability that Adelaide United don't have

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Give up start again budget club

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

johndedes wrote:Shoot goal

Not all clubs just give up when it gets to hard ....

Cantona69
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cantona69 »

johndedes wrote:Shoot goal

I would rather support a budget club that spends within its means and is around for many years to come, than one that spends more than it earns and goes bust without paying its debts (I'm looking at you WAH mark 1)

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Reds v Melbourne City

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Jets cannot find a buyer, AU should have sold up ages ago.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Monday discussion - Adelaide City & West Adelaide merger

Post by Tzon »

El Paso del Norte wrote:Can't believe anyone would seriously consider joining the a league.
Shoot goal

A league in my books not a true a league without smh in it.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Adel United to withdraw from FFSANPL

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Frank stated in the media that The Phoenix needs to rebrand to survive.
AU is looking down the same barrel ....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Monday discussion - Adelaide City & West Adelaide merger

Post by God is an Englishman »

johndedes wrote:
El Paso del Norte wrote:Can't believe anyone would seriously consider joining the a league.
Shoot goal

A league in my books not a true a league without smh in it.
Do all the newspapers need to have a team in the league for it to be a league?

Urgh! A Musíc War
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Urgh! A Musíc War »

:lol:
I hate screaming kids

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Victory Make 1.5m Profit

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

The truth is coming out....

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Adelaide United announces NPL squad

Post by Tzon »

Shoot goal

Too hot for soccer today and nothing better to do than pick on old man JD ? A disgrace.
Better complain to the FFSA for starting the season too early since climate change is here ???
All those changes put in place by the FFSA ........?????? Not working well....