Local League v HAL

Do you like talking to yourself? Do you like continually talking about the same topic? Do you watch football games from outside the perimeter fence to avoid paying entry fees? Do you like reliving past glories over and over and over and over? If so then this is the forum might be for you. You can grind your axes to your hearts content in this forum.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Forum Admins

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Local League v HAL

Post by Tzon »

Don't the Pollies do the same?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Four pages in the Advertiser today on the HAL JD.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Fantastic, Pollies saying how much SA Govt spent on new Coopers seating, adverts on TV great what else can you say preseason hype all good it is call marketing someone is paying

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

johndedes wrote:Don't the Pollies do the same?
Was that an answer to my question about how it feels when someone doesn't answer you? I hope that you "get it" and stop this cocky,arrogant and dismissive style of yours on this forum.

Secondly, YOU are NOT a politician. So cut the crap. If you can recognise that politicians are often like this,why do you do it? Do you have delusions of grandeur? Do you think that you are the"statesman" on this forum because of your lengthy experience in the game? Well, I can tell you that there are a number of people on this forum with even more experience AND,most importantly, more WISDOM, than you will ever have. They are more informative, interesting, fair-minded and more HUMBLE than you JD.

P.S Judging by your response to my emails.it is obvious that other people have had a go (to your face) at you for your idiotic and, at times, disrespectful posts.

P.P.S I don't know who you were referring to when you mentioned someone working on the trams. However,I hope you enjoy your tram rides and that you feel safe on them. LOL!!!

Imori Miyuki
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Imori Miyuki »

Do people really get upset over posts on an internet forum ?
まだ誰のものでもありません

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Oops you forgot to expose your real name?
Please note and read my signature tag please read it again oops read it again, I have retired from the game probably on a beach in the pacific fishing writing this blog,

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Watching HAL league on iPad no need to watch live Trung Nguyen coffee in hand feet up

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

UWS - perhaps the penny might drop for you soon.
JD is a character, like a panto villain.
You know ... "He's behind you" (or maybe I'm showing my age).
Don't take him so seriously.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

johndedes wrote:Watching HAL league on iPad no need to watch live Trung Nguyen coffee in hand feet up
You can watch it on SBS tonight

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Yeah I know via the iPad
75mins 4-1 score stadium looks empty

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

More news about Coopers Stadium on TV news, saying now making a profit etc on who's back AU's high fees charged to use it?

Lumper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Lumper »

johndedes wrote:More news about Coopers Stadium on TV news, saying now making a profit etc on who's back AU's high fees charged to use it?
Maybe they should play at B27 and save a few dollars?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Lumper wrote:
johndedes wrote:More news about Coopers Stadium on TV news, saying now making a profit etc on who's back AU's high fees charged to use it?
Maybe they should play at B27 and save a few dollars?
Doubt they'd be allowed, they're not a Greek side

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

johndedes wrote:Oops you forgot to expose your real name?
Please note and read my signature tag please read it again oops read it again, I have retired from the game probably on a beach in the pacific fishing writing this blog,

Oops, you forgot to answer the question????????????????????????????
Oops, you forgot to read and comprehend my reply to you????????????????
Oops, you forgot to add "wisdom transfer to your signature tag?????????????
Oops, you forgot that you are irrelevant??????????????????????????????
Oops, you forgot that there is an agenda to get JD out of the city???????????
Oops,you forgot that people on the forum think that you are a :clown: ????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

blue bags
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by blue bags »

johndedes wrote:Yeah I know via the iPad
:lol: yeah the stadium was empty alright, you could hear a pin drop

Sotally Tober
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sotally Tober »

You can't hear a pin drop, you can only hear it land.
I need a drink

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

johndedes wrote:Yeah I know via the iPad
Of course JD. You are so perceptive. Only thing is that the attendance was 30,000!! :clown:

P.S Did the stadiums look so empty in the NSL for a season opener?

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Why not 50,000 but 30,000 was ok it should be better that is my point

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

johndedes wrote:Why not 50,000 but 30,000 was ok it should be better that is my point
Why don't you come out and just say that you think the crowd should be better? Why say that it looks empty? 30,000 is just ok? You are stuck in the past, so tell me when did any Melbourne NSL club get 30,000 for a season opening league match?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

johndedes wrote:Why not 50,000 but 30,000 was ok it should be better that is my point

30,000 Significantly better than most NSL home and away games .

Lumper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Lumper »

ozzie owl wrote:

30,000 Significantly better than most NSL home and away games .
But don't forget those 2 derby games a season between WA and AC which drew 10,000 and made it all worthwhile /sarc

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

No footy on in Melbourne so crowd have been better than 30,000.
Maybe footy fans never go to soccer games summer or winter?
But many soccer fans go to footy games in winter in Melbourne.
My case is for HAL to be reverted to winter so it can connect better with local soccer leagues in winter and their players.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

johndedes wrote:No footy on in Melbourne so crowd have been better than 30,000.
My case is for HAL to be reverted to winter so it can connect better with local soccer leagues in winter and their players.

Gee what were the crowds during the winter NSL , you struggled to get 30k across a whole round .

Media exposure would be close to zero if we went head to head with NRL and AFL.

Flying Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Flying Fox »

ozzie owl wrote:

Played in winter and see huge drop in crowd numbers for HAL.
Yeah, this. John, you've contradicted yourself within 4 lines. Well done.

Lumper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Lumper »

Flying Fox wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:

Played in winter and see huge drop in crowd numbers for HAL.
Yeah, this. John, you've contradicted yourself within 4 lines. Well done.
LOL. JD logic. Watch him NOT explain this and move on to another asinine point.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:

Gee what were the crowds during the winter NSL , you struggled to get 30k across a whole round .

Media exposure would be close to zero if we went head to head with NRL and AFL.
Where?

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Again, you have NOT answered my previous question JD. When did the Melbourne NSL sides ever pull in 30,000 for a season opener? You would be among the few,if any,who believe that the A-League should be played in winter.

P.S The FFA Cup is the vehicle to connect the HAL with the local leagues. You still can't acknowledge this JD?
Last edited by United We Stand on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

United We Stand wrote:You would be among the few,if any,who believe that the A-League should be played in winter.

Football is a winter sport

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Bravo we are debating.
That means your thinking about my points.
I said and am questioning this point being footy fans hardcore do not go to soccer matches winter or summer. There is no challenge to the world game eg HAL league if it went back to winter.
But soccer fans hardcore go watch afl eg me and many others.
If I had to choose eg footy over soccer if both were played in winter I would follow or go to soccer and listen to footy results on my iPhone as in the old days you listened to footy on the radio while at a soccer match.
I said 30,000 at the victory was poor and should have been say 50,000 plus because you tell me what other major sporting event was on in Melbourne that day or night??? Zip is the answer, melbourne being the sporting Mecca in ozz should have had more people or sports people at that match. For 3 million plus population it was a poor result. That is my point.
I have stated that HAL league should revert to winter to help and support the local leagues and players around Australia at present the are not working well in conjunction not good for the game.
Like I said footy people never go to soccer matches but soccer people go watch afl in winter because they Have no choice to make.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

johndedes wrote:Bravo we are debating.
That means your thinking about my points.
I said and am questioning this point being footy fans hardcore do not go to soccer matches winter or summer. There is no challenge to the world game eg HAL league if it went back to winter.
But soccer fans hardcore go watch afl eg me and many others.
If I had to choose eg footy over soccer if both were played in winter I would follow or go to soccer and listen to footy results on my iPhone as in the old days you listened to footy on the radio while at a soccer match.
I said 30,000 at the victory was poor and should have been say 50,000 plus because you tell me what other major sporting event was on in Melbourne that day or night??? Zip is the answer, melbourne being the sporting Mecca in ozz should have had more people or sports people at that match. For 3 million plus population it was a poor result. That is my point.
I have stated that HAL league should revert to winter to help and support the local leagues and players around Australia at present the are not working well in conjunction not good for the game.
Like I said footy people never go to soccer matches but soccer people go watch afl in winter because they Have no choice to make.

"Bravo we are debating?" It is a pity that YOU have an inability to think or debate. You again completely ignored the question that I have posed to you TWICE and ignored my comment about the FFA Cup filling the role of connecting the local leagues with the HAL.

Logically, if many football (soccer) fans in Melbourne go to AFL like you say, wouldn't HAL attendances in winter be lower? Are you saying that they would go to both AFL and the HAL in winter? Having the HAL in spring/summer means that some of those AFL fans that do not go to the soccer during winter could be attracted as new followers of the HAL.

Your argument (like yourself JD!!) lacks credibility as the NSL in winter did not have anywhere near the attendances of the present day HAL. I know that the HAL is trying(and succeeding) in positioning our great game in the mainstream sporting landscape. I know that it is different to the NSL which was mainly comprised of ethnic community sponsored clubs. However, the result would definitely be the same if the present HAL reverted to winter. The attendances would be lower AND have less chance of progressively growing. Brisbane clubs in the NSL (Brisbane Strikers Grand Final vs Sydney United excepted) were absolute basket cases with regular 1000-1500 crowds (Sometimes less than 1000!!). Look at today's opening game of attendance of 16,000 plus and ask yourself, if the Roar could get that crowd in rugby mad Brisbane in winter.

Just because you would choose to go to the soccer and listen to the AFL results on the radio doesn't mean that everybody does the same. Several of my mates are die hard AFL fans, who now attend Adelaide United matches after I treated them to a game in summer. They are now fanatics of the Reds, but they admit that they wouldn't go to United in preference to the Power or the Crows if they were both played in winter.

Hasn't the growing success of the HAL convinced you of this or are you just stirring to get a reaction?