Admin

Suggestions and discussion of the next version of FootballNews.

Moderator: Forum Admins

User avatar
swannsong
Coach
Coach
Posts: 29991
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:15 pm

Re: Admin

Post by swannsong »

MegaBonus wrote:
SA Tourism Minister Leon Bignell states that he wrote to the Stones management saying that North Adelaide residents had requested that the concert end at 10.30pm (The Advertiser, yesterday).

His letter went on tell the Stones to play as long as they like and at 10.30 to play You can't always get what you want.

guess what song the Stones played at 10.30pm???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you :D
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

User avatar
An Eternity Turns
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 am

Re: Admin

Post by An Eternity Turns »

Wouldn't the spoilt brat be the one who's taking his ball and going home because he can't be Tim Cahill?

It's my board and if you don't agree with me then I'll ban you. Whaa whaa
If you find that life is starting to hand you melons, it might be telling you that you are dyslexic.

User avatar
swannsong
Coach
Coach
Posts: 29991
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:15 pm

Re: Admin

Post by swannsong »

An Eternity Turns wrote:Wouldn't the spoilt brat be the one who's taking his ball and going home because he can't be Tim Cahill?

It's my board and if you don't agree with me then I'll ban you. Whaa whaa
No, but I guess that might depend on your perspective, because, metaphorically speaking, he's letting others play with the ball.
The spoilt brat might be the players that are sent off trying to get the game abandoned so no-one can play,or shouting from the stands distracting others from the game.
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4878
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:06 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Admin

Post by admin »

GIAE you are making this temporary ban sound like it is a huge crime. This is only a forum, the ban is temporary and most of what you post is of questionable value.

You can debate the reasons in this forum till the cows come home but the decision has been made and your not going to win that one. Its like arguing with a referee - get over it.

I dont read everything on this forum. I am very busy with running a business and I am also very busy with helping grassroots football outside of Footballnews. I do it because I am passionate about football - like so many other good people in our local game and in this forum.

I would much rather spend my time helping out grassroots football than waste it on a pointless argument in a forum. I am not going to say any more on this topic.

User avatar
Bodø Glímt
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Admin

Post by Bodø Glímt »

Kichen, Wolfie Smith, and Garbage all got permanent bans, none of those are GIAE.
Image

User avatar
Bodø Glímt
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Admin

Post by Bodø Glímt »

Monder got a permanent ban too, but he'll probably just laugh it off.
Image

User avatar
Arturo Ui
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Re: Admin

Post by Arturo Ui »

:lol:
Beware of satirical imitations

User avatar
bob saget
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1619
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:05 am

Re: Admin

Post by bob saget »

Bomber wrote:The main point of all this is freedom of speech which digs deeper than "what's mine or yours".
Image
God is an Englishman: "you basically had your own confederation and still couldn't qualify"

bob saget: "Australia represented the OFC by eliminating Uruguay in Nov 2005"

giae:
Image

User avatar
Scissors In The Sand
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 am

Re: Admin

Post by Scissors In The Sand »

I remember when everyone was Bodo, now apparently everyone is GIAE.

Even admin is talking to a bloke who is banned and unable to defend himself.

User avatar
Bodø Glímt
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Admin

Post by Bodø Glímt »

bob saget wrote:
Bomber wrote:The main point of all this is freedom of speech which digs deeper than "what's mine or yours".
Image
Using images from american tv to prove your point???
Image

User avatar
bob saget
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1619
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:05 am

Re: Admin

Post by bob saget »

Bodø Glímt wrote:
bob saget wrote:
Bomber wrote:The main point of all this is freedom of speech which digs deeper than "what's mine or yours".
Image
Using images from american tv to prove your point???
Obviously so that it's easier for him to understand. :wink:
God is an Englishman: "you basically had your own confederation and still couldn't qualify"

bob saget: "Australia represented the OFC by eliminating Uruguay in Nov 2005"

giae:
Image

User avatar
Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 11855
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Admin

Post by Stitch This »

Scissors In The Sand wrote:I remember when everyone was Bodo, now apparently everyone is GIAE.....
Image
Time for some righteous indignation

User avatar
ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 13172
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:18 pm

Re: Admin

Post by ruud »

Bodø Glímt wrote:I don't have a problem with moderation. It just seems that the small thing that sparked the whole thing was a very trivial post to warrant moving the thread to the wild west and then the subsequent banning when you consider what gets overlooked and left there for everyone to see in what seemed like an eternity.
Im disappointed in this reaction Bodo. Surely you are smart enough to know its not because of one isolated or trivial post...

In terms of what gets overlooked - As a moderator I can't look at every thread and every post of Footballnews. Not to mention, I have a time difference of 9.5 hours here from Amsterdam. To everyone - If there is a post that goes against FN rules, please PM me and I will look at it. I respond to almost all PMs.
Image

User avatar
Bodø Glímt
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Admin

Post by Bodø Glímt »

One thing I can say is you have responded to the pm's I have sent in the past. Admin on the other hand...
Colossus sent me the best pm :P
Image

User avatar
swannsong
Coach
Coach
Posts: 29991
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:15 pm

Re: Admin

Post by swannsong »

Image
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45052
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Admin

Post by God is an Englishman »

admin wrote:GIAE you are making this temporary ban sound like it is a huge crime. This is only a forum, the ban is temporary and most of what you post is of questionable value.

You can debate the reasons in this forum till the cows come home but the decision has been made and your not going to win that one. Its like arguing with a referee - get over it.

I dont read everything on this forum. I am very busy with running a business and I am also very busy with helping grassroots football outside of Footballnews. I do it because I am passionate about football - like so many other good people in our local game and in this forum.

I would much rather spend my time helping out grassroots football than waste it on a pointless argument in a forum. I am not going to say any more on this topic.
Why am I being brought into this, I was banned and couldn't post.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bodø Glímt
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Admin

Post by Bodø Glímt »

when's he back? Now banned for 3 weeks and still not been told why
Image

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45052
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Admin

Post by God is an Englishman »

ruud wrote:
Bodø Glímt wrote:I don't have a problem with moderation. It just seems that the small thing that sparked the whole thing was a very trivial post to warrant moving the thread to the wild west and then the subsequent banning when you consider what gets overlooked and left there for everyone to see in what seemed like an eternity.
Im disappointed in this reaction Bodo. Surely you are smart enough to know its not because of one isolated or trivial post...

In terms of what gets overlooked - As a moderator I can't look at every thread and every post of Footballnews. Not to mention, I have a time difference of 9.5 hours here from Amsterdam. To everyone - If there is a post that goes against FN rules, please PM me and I will look at it. I respond to almost all PMs.
So. What was it for then? Is it too much to get an explanation? How will I learn the error of my ways of I am never educated?

So far I have realised I must not prove a moderator wrong and I must be positive about Adelaide United.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56040
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Admin

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
ruud wrote:
Bodø Glímt wrote:I don't have a problem with moderation. It just seems that the small thing that sparked the whole thing was a very trivial post to warrant moving the thread to the wild west and then the subsequent banning when you consider what gets overlooked and left there for everyone to see in what seemed like an eternity.
Im disappointed in this reaction Bodo. Surely you are smart enough to know its not because of one isolated or trivial post...

In terms of what gets overlooked - As a moderator I can't look at every thread and every post of Footballnews. Not to mention, I have a time difference of 9.5 hours here from Amsterdam. To everyone - If there is a post that goes against FN rules, please PM me and I will look at it. I respond to almost all PMs.
So. What was it for then? Is it too much to get an explanation? How will I learn the error of my ways of I am never educated?

So far I have realised I must not prove a moderator wrong and I must be positive about Adelaide United.
Youre a bit like Millwall, not totally, but in a nutshell, nobody likes you but clearly some people care!
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45052
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Admin

Post by God is an Englishman »

I understand that John Dedes has been banned as well now.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

Slinky_Pete
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5997
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:47 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Admin

Post by Slinky_Pete »

God is an Englishman wrote:I understand that John Dedes has been banned as well now.
Do you "understand" that because of admin's post saying just that?

User avatar
Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 947
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: Admin

Post by Jonny Lidon »

God is an Englishman wrote:I understand that John Dedes has been banned as well now.
What happened to your now lack of signature? Your choice or was it forcibly wiped?
Image

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45052
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Admin

Post by God is an Englishman »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:I understand that John Dedes has been banned as well now.
Do you "understand" that because of admin's post saying just that?

When did admin say that? I was told by someone else.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45052
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Admin

Post by God is an Englishman »

Jonny Lidon wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:I understand that John Dedes has been banned as well now.
What happened to your now lack of signature? Your choice or was it forcibly wiped?
Didn't even know it was missing
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 13172
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:18 pm

Re: Admin

Post by ruud »

God is an Englishman wrote:
ruud wrote:
Bodø Glímt wrote:I don't have a problem with moderation. It just seems that the small thing that sparked the whole thing was a very trivial post to warrant moving the thread to the wild west and then the subsequent banning when you consider what gets overlooked and left there for everyone to see in what seemed like an eternity.
Im disappointed in this reaction Bodo. Surely you are smart enough to know its not because of one isolated or trivial post...

In terms of what gets overlooked - As a moderator I can't look at every thread and every post of Footballnews. Not to mention, I have a time difference of 9.5 hours here from Amsterdam. To everyone - If there is a post that goes against FN rules, please PM me and I will look at it. I respond to almost all PMs.
So. What was it for then? Is it too much to get an explanation? How will I learn the error of my ways of I am never educated?

So far I have realised I must not prove a moderator wrong and I must be positive about Adelaide United.
Do you really think I am stupid enough to get into a discussion about this?
Image

User avatar
Bodø Glímt
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Admin

Post by Bodø Glímt »

I hear he's been banned again.
Image

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 4519
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:39 am

Re: Admin

Post by MG&Son »

Bodø Glímt wrote:I hear he's been banned again.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy, cannae dae the bouncy,
Cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 56040
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Admin

Post by Bomber »

If so, getting beyond a joke. Shakes head....... :roll:
Ignore this signature

User avatar
Clusterf*ck
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:38 am

Re: Admin

Post by Clusterf*ck »

Bomber wrote:If so, getting beyond a joke. Shakes head....... :roll:
Czechoslovakian Navy got banned for 'multiple user accounts' correcting kítchen in the same thread you did this morning and the post was deleted.

User avatar
Imori Miyuki
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: Admin

Post by Imori Miyuki »

Where in the forum rules does it say you can't have more than one account?
まだ誰のものでもありません

Post Reply