Liberty A-League 2021/22 – Round 2 vs Canberra United

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

SwandelPark
Squad Player
Squad Player

Liberty A-League 2021/22 – Round 2 vs Canberra United

Post by SwandelPark »

Been crickets around here the last few weeks..

Match details:
Sunday, 12 December vs Canberra United
Liberty A-League 2021/22 – Round 2
Kick-off 6.00pm ACDT

Predictions for this afternoons game?

You'd think we'd bounce back at home from what was a terribly average performance last week but I'm not sure we've got the depth this season to grind out results. (although I'm more than happy to be proven otherwise)

Grant is back in town and Holmes is on her way back into the country - if available these two talented ladies need to be secured ASAP.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Liberty A-League 2021/22 – Round 2 vs Canberra United

Post by scar »

A much better performance & a great fightback to come from behind against Canberra to secure a very important 3 points.

Our midfield has already shown since the introduction of Emma Stanbury an improved fighting spirit & Nanako also stepped up her game as she becomes more familiar with the W-League.

Meanwhile our forwards are lacking cohesion & not taking their chances when presented but I am very impressed by Paige’s work rate out on the wing.

Defensively we are still far from solid & I remain unconvinced the present set-up will not be leaking at least a few goals against a very good offensive Melb. City team next week.

SwandelPark
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Liberty A-League 2021/22 – Round 2 vs Canberra United

Post by SwandelPark »

Our midfield has already shown since the introduction of Emma Stanbury an improved fighting spirit & Nanako also stepped up her game as she becomes more familiar with the W-League.
I thought she gave away the ball too many times and was outmuscled too many times. If she can get the ball at her feet she's not bad but in my opinion she's not majorly better than someone local.
Meanwhile our forwards are lacking cohesion & not taking their chances when presented but I am very impressed by Paige’s work rate out on the wing.
Loved Paige's aggression, not afraid to get stuck in and put pressure on the full backs, she gave Roestbakken a run for her money.
Defensively we are still far from solid & I remain unconvinced the present set-up will not be leaking at least a few goals against a very good offensive Melb. City team next week
Agreed, it's a makeshift lineup, but we don't have much else in the squad. Hodgson is needed higher and McNamara needs more experienced support around her. The new American signing Sharples isn't too far off so hopefully she provides a bit more stability and structure up the back.