Lisa De Vanna Unloads

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Crisps
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Lisa De Vanna Unloads

Post by Crisps »

News Corp sinking the boot into Womens Football with Lisa De Vanna.

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Lisa De Vanna Unloads

Post by Grosso Mk II »

I told you so

8)

don't blame news corp... blame the abusive lesbians

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Interesting take Grosso MK II. Very eloquent.
Grosso Mk II wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:51 pm I told you so

8)

don't blame news corp...

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Its not the national womens game of cricket....so hence the hard attack.

Lisa may be on the money here. She also recently unloaded in a podcast about how how she finished her time at the 'tildas. Needless to say, not a happy camper.

What I would say, is that LDV won't back away from a direct and biting comment. Says it as she sees it
Crisps wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:48 pm News Corp sinking the boot into Womens Football with Lisa De Vanna.

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

the entitled somersaulter is one of the worst offenders too

read about it all here...
https://twitter.com/VPeritus/with_replies

the media build up false idols that are anything but role models

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

Not good whichever way you look at it. Potentially damaging to the players involved. The game/team will always survive. Humanity never ceases to amaze me.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

I've read the unfolding story, ex players, and the VPeritus tweets. To say I'm floored is an understatement. Is it unexpected? Probably not. Were people removed or shunted out of the system because they were aware and probably questioned its existence? Maybe/possibly.

In any case, like if a male was the perpetrator, those responsible need to be held accountable.

MY question.....has this occurred here in SA over the last decade or more? I'd say probably not to the extent in the hallowed halls of the AIS however, there are probably cases where a minor has bene the subject or recipient of predatorial actions of someone in authority of the same gender. Probably where I will choose to leave this comment at.
Grosso Mk II wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:14 pm the entitled somersaulter is one of the worst offenders too

read about it all here...
https://twitter.com/VPeritus/with_replies

the media build up false idols that are anything but role models

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

In this whole discourse, I'm not sure gender or sexuality matters, or at least they shouldn't. The whole "predatory lesbian" line is totally misogynistic. Predation is predation, and there's no room for it in the game, or society, anywhere.

Listen to Tracey Holmes' podcast "The Ticket". She does a wonderful job exploring the nuances of the whole thing.

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

juniorsupporter wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:00 pm In this whole discourse, I'm not sure gender or sexuality matters, or at least they shouldn't. The whole "predatory lesbian" line is totally misogynistic. Predation is predation, and there's no room for it in the game, or society, anywhere.

Listen to Tracey Holmes' podcast "The Ticket". She does a wonderful job exploring the nuances of the whole thing.
no

she's a lying leftist with an agenda who shamelessly defamed Alen Stajcic

listening to garbage like that is poisoning your mind with propaganda

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

There's some anger out there guys. Twitter person VPeritus is unloading big time. How close is that person to the coal face? Junior Supporter is and has always been the apologist for the establishment: FFA, FSA, NTC, FC. Somewhat suspect that Junior is compromised or has a conflict of interest; if you look back all of Junior's replies you will see that Junior always comes out in defence.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Not sure I'm defending or supporting anyone here- just pointing out that it's an incredibly complicated and nuanced situation. Nothing about this is black and white.

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

juniorsupporter wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:37 pm Not sure I'm defending or supporting anyone here- just pointing out that it's an incredibly complicated and nuanced situation. Nothing about this is black and white.
there's nothing nuanced about abuse champ

the allegation here is a junior player was groomed and sexually abused by two senior players...one of which is worth a lot of money by women's standards in sponsorship

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

No. There’s nothing nuanced about abuse. But we’ll have to agree to disagree here. I say the situation is complicated, you say it isn't. You seem to have more information than I do. Don't know who you are- maybe you were there. I wasn't. And I don't seem to have as much information as you do (regarding who was involved), so I'm not rushing to form some concrete opinion.

And don’t call me ‘champ’, Champ.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Nuance or not, we need to look at this in balance. As always, the onus of proof is always upon the person making the claim. The organisation just sits back, spins away its obligations and remain ineffectual in its responses (or lack of).

Lisa has no axe to grind other than being cut adrift without ANY decent recognition of the service she has given to the game and to her country.

What else do I expect the current players to say? "All is good in the land of the FFA"

Speak truth to Power. Swimming and other sports in Australia have come out better and stronger when allegations of inappropriate behaviours has been alleged and found to be true. The Matildas are not immune. If it were a male v female situation, all hell would break loose.

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

when the perp is your biggest star and worth everything to your organisation's reputation and sponsorship...money speaks louder than anything else.