WNPL

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

WNPL

Post by BeNatural »

Comets v Adel City not played last night.

No lines marked at SA athletics stadium.

Should give the 3 points to Adelaide City.

Marinos
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: WNPL

Post by Marinos »

Let's see the FSA interpret their own rules in the wrong manner.

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

any news if Adel City win on forfeit?

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

bump/..

do we know if this is being replayed or a forfeit?

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

playing Saturday - the men's NPL game is the curtain raiser to this match

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Saturday is the beginning of round two- don't think it's a replay...

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

This Saturday is their Round 8 fixture, the game where no lines were marked was deemed a forfeit by FFSA but points haven't updated for City on the table as yet

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

Rightside wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:29 pm This Saturday is their Round 8 fixture, the game where no lines were marked was deemed a forfeit by FFSA but points haven't updated for City on the table as yet
Apparently Comets appealed the forfeit decision. Hence why points haven't updated etc.
Same situation with the points deduction situation in the Men's SL2 last year. They won't update anything until all appeals have concluded I'd have thought

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

i have been critical of wnpl standard this season but last Friday night's match between Inter and Metro restored some of my faith that it will improve. I thought Metro played the better football, Inter even with the quality players they have still rely on the long ball forward to the same player all too often, they look more dangerous when they pass the ball around.
Two different coaching styles one is up and down the touchline, other one was more composed, composure won out.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

I also thought the NTC Westies game was good.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

Great to see Stella Rigon back in the game, now with Adelaide Uni. Hope she enjoys it.

Any word on Georgia C coming back out of retirement?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Not happening.

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

The 2021 season has been interesting. A few rounds left and you'd think that anyone from below SI and WA are capable of making the top 4. will be a challenge for Uni, Comets, Metro and NTC however, the next few rounds until the season's end may see some movement up and down.

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

NTC gone, burnt out and no real passion to win as its not important

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

WOW.....Not interested? I suppose when your existence for being is not to win and not to remain in the WNPL. Fulham and Uni would be happy to read/hear this? I suppose if you're immune rom relegation then why worry!!

Hence, NTC needs to be out of the WNPL

quote=terryball post_id=1589956 time=1630571528 user_id=12043]
[/quote]

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

Strange comment. Quoting another strange comment.

1. NTC will be relegated if they finish bottom
2. NTC is highly unlikely to finish bottom this season
3. Most in WNPL are highly supportive of NTC role - especially when they get their juniors back after NTC program has done player development for them...

Hard to believe that anyone watching NTC thinks they have no real passion. Especially after they fought to the end against the ladder leaders and equalised in injury time.

billy the kid wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:12 am WOW.....Not interested? I suppose when your existence for being is not to win and not to remain in the WNPL. Fulham and Uni would be happy to read/hear this? I suppose if you're immune rom relegation then why worry!!

Hence, NTC needs to be out of the WNPL

quote=terryball post_id=1589956 time=1630571528 user_id=12043]
[/quote]

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

My comment was more on the 'Care factor" shown by some of the players as if they lose its no big deal , when they get to a club where success is paramount to survive as a club (more people turn up to trial days at these clubs )they get a shock,
what do you mean my second efforts are nil, what I have to header the ball? your joking! offside what's that ?when I take a throw in I have to throw it to the advantage of my team, all goal keepers have to obey road rules, look left, look right look left again then pass it 10 metres to the player under the most pressure , and on the subject of their comeback draw (which the should of won)the week after a loss to the bottom side Fulham they go bowling on a training night a good dis-stressor, and bonding session for a burnt out team hence the improvement, perhaps a timely move ,they got over another struggling team this week ,and have now the chance to prove to themselves they can give some teams something to think about if they start to believe it feels good to win ,and losing sucks.

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

This just in: After NTC 1st team push Adelaide City all the way in semi-final, the 2nd team wins Reserves Grand Final 5-1.

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

1st team should of beat a Dawberless City team, reserve team was the inform team coming into the final, their coach isn't happy with losses and if the team wins by 1 when it could of been more he tells it like it is, poor effort by the the team that lost in the reserves yesterday not shaking hands (but that could of been a covid thing) but to suggest that the reserves stacked their side is unwarranted and untrue was stoked with the NTC reserves if this group sticks together they'll make the finals again next year.