WNPL Season 2021

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

WNPL Season 2021

Post by billy the kid »

2021 should be an interesting year. New coaches. Coaches shifting teams. Player movements etc. always make the start of the year very exciting.

Which teams will make the rise up the ladder. Which teams have broken the bank to recruit star players to help them make the climb and to win the title?

All the best to all teams and hopefully 2021 is your year. And for clubs, remain grounded and show the loyalty and respect in the same way you demand it from your players and coaches.

Masnak
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: WNPL Season 2021

Post by Masnak »

billy the kid wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:11 am 2021 should be an interesting year. New coaches. Coaches shifting teams. Player movements etc. always make the start of the year very exciting.

Which teams will make the rise up the ladder. Which teams have broken the bank to recruit star players to help them make the climb and to win the title?

All the best to all teams and hopefully 2021 is your year. And for clubs, remain grounded and show the loyalty and respect in the same way you demand it from your players and coaches.
Where can I see the player movements?

I guess City will be the top1 again. Anyway, all the best to all teams and have fun :D !!

Jucort
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Jucort »

Could be Salisburys grat year? I see much confident there. Anyway best of lucks for all the girls. Have fun and good season.

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

Masnak wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:06 pm
billy the kid wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:11 am 2021 should be an interesting year. New coaches. Coaches shifting teams. Player movements etc. always make the start of the year very exciting.

I guess City will be the top1 again. Anyway, all the best to all teams and have fun :D !!
Pretty sure metro finished top 2020.

Masnak
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Masnak »

terryball wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:39 am
Masnak wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:06 pm

Pretty sure metro finished top 2020.
Ye they won grand final but not the ladder, anyway your right about top1 :)

Micky444
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Micky444 »

some exciting results in the cup. Impressed with uni and fulham

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

anyone have al the scores cant find them on FSA wnpl results ? any surprises in team line ups ? WA still have A Pritchard in their facebook profile photo i thought she went to another club ? Cheers.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

Micky444 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:03 am some exciting results in the cup. Impressed with uni and fulham
Wouldn't take too much from the mickey mouse pre season cup. Some clubs take it seriously and play their full strength teams, others use it as valuable experience for younger players against stronger opposition than they've faced during pre season so far.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

united92 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:35 pm
Micky444 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:03 am some exciting results in the cup. Impressed with uni and fulham
Wouldn't take too much from the mickey mouse pre season cup. Some clubs take it seriously and play their full strength teams, others use it as valuable experience for younger players against stronger opposition than they've faced during pre season so far.
fair call, and I imagine a few W league players will return to their clubs after the last league game is played, in readiness for the wnpl season.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

In the way wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:17 pm
fair call, and I imagine a few W league players will return to their clubs after the last league game is played, in readiness for the wnpl season.
Spot on. The WNPL competition itself isn't even at its full strength until 3 or 4 rounds in when the W-League players return to playing for their local club.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

united92 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:05 am
Spot on. The WNPL competition itself isn't even at its full strength until 3 or 4 rounds in when the W-League players return to playing for their local club.
was it a rule last season that all W League players had to had 3 week break before playing wnpl ? does that coincide with the start of the season ? i cant find the league fixtures on the FSA website only the mens ?

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Looking forward to another implosion at Westies. As certain as the sun shines.

Uni and Fulham for me will make the climb up the ladder with one making it into the top 4.

Comets and NTC to be towards the bottom.

The ladder at the season's end will be:

Metro
City
Salisbury
Uni

Westies
Fulham
NTC
Comets
Last edited by billy the kid on Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

In the way wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:45 pm was it a rule last season that all W League players had to had 3 week break before playing wnpl ? does that coincide with the start of the season ? i cant find the league fixtures on the FSA website only the mens ?
4 weeks, but yes it was mandated break.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

In the way wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:45 pm
united92 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:05 am
was it a rule last season that all W League players had to had 3 week break before playing wnpl ? does that coincide with the start of the season ? i cant find the league fixtures on the FSA website only the mens ?
https://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info ... -0&a=ROUND

Masnak
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Masnak »

Some predictions for round2 games?

https://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info ... 7-0&pool=1

Uni 3-1 FSA
Salisbury 1-2 Metro
Comets 0-4 Fulham
City 2-2 West