AUFC-W

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

AUFC-W

Post by SAD GAL »

Excellent start to the season. Keep it up. Although we sadly lost game 1, we finished the game off in a defiant state of mind. The long range goal made a huge statement. The next 2 games said a lot about the character of the team and coaches.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: AUFC-W

Post by Michael »

Great win by the girls team and credit where its due to Adrian and Ivan.

AU results are keeping 1 forumite very quiet...........
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

Shhhhhhh. Not to say he didn't have anything constructive to say however, you need to give praise and support when it's needed. The players, and coaches deserve it.

Look at the praise and exposure the inferior AFL-W gets. Women's football (soccer) is s superior game played by exceptionally talented players yet we get little if any exposure. Let's back our team.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Yes it was a great win considering several players down in form. Emily Condon and Maria Rojas were kept quiet, Chelsea Dawber had no impact must still have an injury concern, Fiona Worts and Georgia Campagnale needs to be replaced as they have not been effective or have any impact in the game. If it were not for the courage's Captain Dylan Holmes with her exceptional 2 goals it would have been a different story. I must also say the back four have been solid. However can not take away the fact AU have won 3 in a row which we have not seen for along time.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

sportsbird wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:11 am Yes it was a great win considering several players down in form. Emily Condon and Maria Rojas were kept quiet, Chelsea Dawber had no impact must still have an injury concern, Fiona Worts and Georgia Campagnale needs to be replaced as they have not been effective or have any impact in the game. If it were not for the courage's Captain Dylan Holmes with her exceptional 2 goals it would have been a different story. I must also say the back four have been solid. However can not take away the fact AU have won 3 in a row which we have not seen for along time.
I bet you're heaps of fun at parties.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

sportsbird wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:11 am Yes it was a great win considering several players down in form. Emily Condon and Maria Rojas were kept quiet, Chelsea Dawber had no impact must still have an injury concern, Fiona Worts and Georgia Campagnale needs to be replaced as they have not been effective or have any impact in the game. If it were not for the courage's Captain Dylan Holmes with her exceptional 2 goals it would have been a different story. I must also say the back four have been solid. However can not take away the fact AU have won 3 in a row which we have not seen for along time.
You need a root or something just to cheer up a bit. 3 wins on the trot and you're still complaining.

Every player isn't going to play at peak performance every single match. It rarely happens in any competition in world football.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Sportsbird (agree or not) does construct a decent post. We can't all be the same however, if he/she has the interest of the game at heart then I'd say there is some discussion that needs to be had.

Anyway the comp has somewhat suffered from a lack of internationals and local OZ players still o/s. It's a far more even playing field and whilst the league leaders of years gone are struggling, AUFC is doing ok. A better MC (last 3 seasons at least) would have capitalised on its chances in the first half and punished AUFC. The connection from defence, mid to forward is still a work in progress and I see some excellent work. Creativity is there.

AUFC are playing with great confidence however, the depth is a concern and whilst I will not name players, Sportsbird is on the money.

I'm enjoying the season and hopefully we make the finals.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

united92 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:35 pm
You need a root or something just to cheer up a bit. 3 wins on the trot and you're still complaining.

Every player isn't going to play at peak performance every single match. It rarely happens in any competition in world football.
United92
I find it difficult to comprehend that you should say that I need a ????.
What has that got to do with my opinions on the game and players.
Yes I agree that players are not going to play well every game. Emily Condon is the only one I feel was down in the game and will be able to pick up at the next game. However the other players I have mentioned have not shown any form to change the game.
I also stated that you can't take away AU 3 wins in a row. Unsure where you are going with this. I feel your not happy with my honest opinion so far on the performance of the players and the team. This is what the forum is all about whether you agree or not.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Fair point/s SB.

I do not find any of your posts offensive, rude or disrespectful. I may not always agree however, you write in depth posts and I respect that. It means you do care. Some may find it repetitive and question your motives however, it's food for thought.

I am not getting caught up in so much as I know that Covid has impacted all teams and that I will NOT compare season 2020/2021 with the previous. You would be foolish to do so. Anyway, much can be gained from this season. Back local talent. Continue to work towards a sound framework to progress and implement.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

No offense found, just can’t believe how negative of a response to 3 wins on the trot & sitting 2nd SB delivers, some people can never see the bright side I suppose.

As an Aston Villa supporter I’ve had to watch appalling football for the last 5 years, this year is fantastic, good quality football plus results, I no longer read certain forums & Twitter accounts as there are Sports birds out there that still just want to complain.

I understand with in the squad/ coaching group they can’t all be high diving & back slapping they need to keep ironing out areas of concern but as a supporter fk me please throw some positivity & support their way.

Dragonred54
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dragonred54 »

I don't normally make comment on here but seems some like to cheer only with their wins and Boo with losses? I watch as many wleague games as I can and this Adelaide Utd Women's team has improved so much in the last few years, true that not much success in the past but its starting to develop into a strong squad... I believe this could be the year finals beckons and possibly the championship.. The team looks as good as any other in the Wleague... Let's drop the negativity I've seen on here, support our local team... Go Girls ⚽⚽⚽

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

Excellent comment Dragon and Paul M. we need to celebrate and look forward not backwards. Sadly it's an australian trait. The yanks trumpet every success and laud their people like no other. That's one of the things I like about the USA.

Dragonred54
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dragonred54 »

Thanks Riggles
Unfortunately it also happens at junior girls level, I've experienced as a coach, some clubs and parents don't get development and only crave wins and applauds,, in my eyes development is like the tortoise and the hare..

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

Spot on with your comments. It's not easy being a parent. You can get caught up in the negativity and (my view) nastiness of the game. Let the players play. Let them do what they love. Most of the players are friends and know each other. We on the sidelines need to applaud the game and encourage. For me, I developed a deep respect for the players of the game when as the team manager I saw what they all put in at training and game day. I said to myself that I could only criticise if I could do what they could.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

Hoping we can all get behind the team with a strong turnout for this Friday’s match vs Melb. Victory.

Make no mistake Melb. Victory are a good side & their recent 6 – 0 drubbing at the hands of Brisb. (which does include Roar's Emily Gielnik currently the W-League's best player) should now make them an even more dangerous opponent for AU especially if Lisa De Vanna should show up & play.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

paul merson wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:06 pm
I bet you're heaps of fun at parties.
you need to have friends to be invited to parties......
8)
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.