Adelaide Utd v Perth Glory

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Adelaide Utd v Perth Glory

Post by themagnet »

Happy to get 3 points. Perth can thank their keeper for keeping them in it, she made 2 fantastic saves to deny Emily Condon in the first half.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Adelaide Utd v Perth Glory

Post by sportsbird »

Well done Adrian Stenta and the team for a great win against Perth Glory. It was an entertaining game and a great second half. Great game from Emily Condon but unfortunately ended up with concussion. Hopefully she will be available next week.
Finally the current players were placed in their correct position and hope this will continue. Great to see Charlotte back in right back, Dylan in midfield, Mallory up forward and Isobel Hodgson back in defence. I feel Meleri Mullen should replace Georgia Campagnale in the midfiled as she is an exciting young player with extra drive and Fiona Worts has not really performed up to standard apart from the goal in the first game. Credit to Adrian Stenta for making the right moves with player subs in the second half. Looking forward to the next game.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

sportsbird wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:56 am Great to see Charlotte back in right back, Dylan in midfield, Mallory up forward and Isobel Hodgson back in defence. I feel Meleri Mullen should replace Georgia Campagnale in the midfiled
I also would like to see Charlotte starting at right back bec although Emily tries hard she just hasn't shown me enough to make that posi hers. Emily's defending is ok but she lacks initiative when on the ball & all too often is happy to just play the ball sideways or back to safety. If anyone wondered why Matilda on numerous occasions didn't pass to her even though Emily was in space out wide it's bec I believe Matilda knew she would only be receiving the ball straight back again.
The other thing is it's all very well to 'bomb' forward but you have to do it with real purpose & conviction otherwise you leave yourself exposed when play breaks down in the opposition's half which is what I see happening all too often to Emily.

However regarding Georgia I must disagree as I believe she has been one of our better players so far this season.
Georgia when utilised as a defensive midfielder has the necessary experience in reading the play & also the fitness to keep running out games. In fact only Emily Condon's B.O.G. effort surpassed the workrate Georgia displayed against Perth.
No doubt Meleri will get her opportunity but not convinced she can hold down a midfield position & still has someway to go judging by her finals fade out vs Metro where was almost unsighted until she got injured & had to go off.

Overall a pleasing display by AU but we must do better in attack & take our chances when presented bec this will hurt us against better teams. Btw nice debut by Maruschka after a nervous start & am confident with Matilda will be a solid pairing.

'

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

sportsbird wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:56 am Well done Adrian Stenta and the team for a great win against Perth Glory. It was an entertaining game and a great second half. Great game from Emily Condon but unfortunately ended up with concussion. Hopefully she will be available next week.
Finally the current players were placed in their correct position and hope this will continue. Great to see Charlotte back in right back, Dylan in midfield, Mallory up forward and Isobel Hodgson back in defence. I feel Meleri Mullen should replace Georgia Campagnale in the midfiled as she is an exciting young player with extra drive and Fiona Worts has not really performed up to standard apart from the goal in the first game. Credit to Adrian Stenta for making the right moves with player subs in the second half. Looking forward to the next game.
Thoughts on AU vs PG II?
What are you going to complain about this time

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

Well done to Adrian & all the AU team with an even better performance than our previous win at home. :clap:
AU on last night’s showing are playing some of the best futbal I have seen from them so credit must go to Adrian. We now need to just build on this momentum & carry the same confidence we are showing on the pitch into next week’s match bec another win there should set us up nicely for the rest of the season.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

united92 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:37 pm
sportsbird wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:56 am Well done Adrian Stenta and the team for a great win against Perth Glory. It was an entertaining game and a great second half. Great game from Emily Condon but unfortunately ended up with concussion. Hopefully she will be available next week.
Thoughts on AU vs PG II?
United 92,
Another fantastic win by AU, but lets not get to ahead of ourselves as Perth Glory are a mediocre side. However, it does gives us the confident going into the next round. There are 2 issues I have and firstly is to leave Weber up front during the whole game and not bring her in defence. The other is their football is predictable especially coming out of defence switching from side to side to unsettle the opposition team before going forward. The better sides will not allow that to happen and probably press higher. Finally the quick long kick from Sian to Rojas is also predictable.
Other than that a great start to the season, I feel AU will not make the finals on their present form.
In conclusion, congrats to Emily Condon on an outstanding first two games something we have been missing from our local players for several seasons. Now it's up to the rest of the local players to step up and meet the standards set by Emily.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

sportsbird wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:11 pm
Thoughts on AU vs PG II?
United 92,
Another fantastic win by AU, but lets not get to ahead of ourselves as Perth Glory are a mediocre side. However, it does gives us the confident going into the next round. There are 2 issues I have and firstly is to leave Weber up front during the whole game and not bring her in defence. The other is their football is predictable especially coming out of defence switching from side to side to unsettle the opposition team before going forward. The better sides will not allow that to happen and probably press higher. Finally the quick long kick from Sian to Rojas is also predictable.
Other than that a great start to the season, I feel AU will not make the finals on their present form.
In conclusion, congrats to Emily Condon on an outstanding first two games something we have been missing from our local players for several seasons. Now it's up to the rest of the local players to step up and meet the standards set by Emily.
I guess, if there's something you know well, it's being predictable.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

sportsbird wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:11 pm
Thoughts on AU vs PG II?
United 92,
The fact that you still found minor things to conplain about was more predictable than anything you've written.

Riggles64
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Riggles64 »

The AU's season is moving as I had hoped. Proud of our team. Proud of our performances. After a 1st round loss, we have done very well. Keep it going team (and coaches) and 2020/2021 will be a year to remember.