Jenna McCormick Signs with Melbourne City

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Jenna McCormick Signs with Melbourne City

Post by sportsbird »

Melbourne City signs our great South Australian Matilda player Jenna McCormick. Again, one of our great players refuses to return to Adelaide United. Even with a new head coach, Jenna has decided against returning to AU. Also Michele Heyman has come out out from retirement and signed with Canberra United. This is another player that refuses to return to AU and the reason for this is while Ivan is still part of the women's program, great players such as Michelle Heyman will not play for AU. It's still gets back to the boys club. The coaching staff have not the qualifications or communicating skills to coach women players. I will re-iterate that I do not encourage women only coaches, I would like to see the best head coach whether female or male that has the ability to develop the players to be the best they can be without treating them with disrespect.

Marinos
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Jenna McCormick Signs with Melbourne City

Post by Marinos »

sportsbird wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:15 am Melbourne City signs our great South Australian Matilda player Jenna McCormick. Again, one of our great players refuses to return to Adelaide United. Even with a new head coach, Jenna has decided against returning to AU. Also Michele Heyman has come out out from retirement and signed with Canberra United. This is another player that refuses to return to AU and the reason for this is while Ivan is still part of the women's program, great players such as Michelle Heyman will not play for AU. It's still gets back to the boys club. The coaching staff have not the qualifications or communicating skills to coach women players. I will re-iterate that I do not encourage women only coaches, I would like to see the best head coach whether female or male that has the ability to develop the players to be the best they can be without treating them with disrespect.
Lol. Has nothing to do with AU. Has everything to do with $$$.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

sportsbird wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:15 am Melbourne City signs our great South Australian Matilda player Jenna McCormick. Again, one of our great players refuses to return to Adelaide United. Even with a new head coach, Jenna has decided against returning to AU. Also Michele Heyman has come out out from retirement and signed with Canberra United. This is another player that refuses to return to AU and the reason for this is while Ivan is still part of the women's program, great players such as Michelle Heyman will not play for AU. It's still gets back to the boys club. The coaching staff have not the qualifications or communicating skills to coach women players. I will re-iterate that I do not encourage women only coaches, I would like to see the best head coach whether female or male that has the ability to develop the players to be the best they can be without treating them with disrespect.
Still bitter I see?
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

i admire the passion you put into your posts Sportsbird, I think you will find it had to with dollars, AU did not even come close to what Melb City offered Jenna was too good to refuse.
I do wonder though about the players whose parents pay a fortune and are promised the world when they attend these State Academies, why are they being overlooked ?
Surely some of them deserve the chance - are they doing something wrong in the development schools ?

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

In the way wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:26 pm i admire the passion you put into your posts Sportsbird, I think you will find it had to with dollars, AU did not even come close to what Melb City offered Jenna was too good to refuse.
I do wonder though about the players whose parents pay a fortune and are promised the world when they attend these State Academies, why are they being overlooked ?
Surely some of them deserve the chance - are they doing something wrong in the development schools ?
Speaking with her family recently, Jenna always wanted to play in Europe and test herself against the best in the world.
Add the fact Melbourne City is affiliated with the worlds biggest football group, City is her pathway.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

I wonder if sportsbird attended the AUFC Members forum this week and raised her many criticisms and claims to the club and Ivan directly. I very much doubt it.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

nathanburns15 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:12 pm I wonder if sportsbird attended the AUFC Members forum this week and raised her many criticisms and claims to the club and Ivan directly. I very much doubt it.
Not a chance. Surely. Too much of a keyboard warrior to actually attend something in person and air their issues directly.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

united92 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:29 pm
nathanburns15 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:12 pm I wonder if sportsbird attended the AUFC Members forum this week and raised her many criticisms and claims to the club and Ivan directly. I very much doubt it.
Not a chance. Surely. Too much of a keyboard warrior to actually attend something in person and air their issues directly.
another "safe space" warrior?

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

One would be wise to assume from the lack of a response, sportsbird didn't attend and bring up and issues