AUFC - W season 2020-2021

This forum is for the discussion of womens football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia.

No accountability is taken for anything posted.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Riggles64
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

AUFC - W season 2020-2021

Post by Riggles64 »

HI forumites

Given Covid-19 will season 2020-21 go ahead if so when is it likely to occur? Secondly, will the teams have to go into a hub and quarantine for a fortnight and then play a compressed season?

I've heard it will be a very late start. If that's the case then that will be great. Local players will have time to de-load and then get into a mini pre-season for the AUFC-W season. This may be a good season yet for AUFC.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: AUFC - W season 2020-2021

Post by In the way »

Admire your positive post , would be good to see more local players given the opportunity to compete at W league level.
The standard would be more even given all our best players are overseas, and it would unearth some new local talent.
It would need financial backing from FFA, especially for the Victorian teams who would all have to be based interstate for the whole time ( cant see covid 19 going away in hurry in that state )
Only way I can see it working have all the clubs based here ( nuetral ) and have similar timetable as our WNPL - two double headers at Parks , and play two fixtures a week ( Sundays and Wednesdays for example ) .
If the W league does not go ahead, would a competition between all the states WNPL champions, to see who are the WNPL champions of Australia be a better option ? Teams can only use players who have played certain amount of games for their for their club.

Riggles64
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Riggles64 »

Thanks In The Way

There are many options that could be considered as an alternative IF the W league doesn't go ahead. Once thing is certain we cannot leave a gap with no national women's comp albeit in a modified form.

The W League is a huge opportunity for any player to aspire to. To have that on your resume is a huge tick. I have never questioned the commitment from the wnpl and W league players and I take my hat off to the hard work they do all year round.

Let's sit back and watch what happens.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

Signed so far

Charlie Grant
Chelsie Dawber
Dylan Holmes
Emily Condon
Emily Hodgson
Georgia Campagnale
Isabel Hodgson
Laura Johns
Matilda McNamara
Sian McLaren

Wonder if we will see any new faces?

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

Rightside wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:49 pm
Signed so far

Charlie Grant
Chelsie Dawber
Dylan Holmes
Emily Condon
Emily Hodgson
Georgia Campagnale
Isabel Hodgson
Laura Johns
Matilda McNamara
Sian McLaren

Apparently no players from the WNPL Championship winning side of Metro United.
For a club that's one of the so called "Big 3" of City, West and themselves, Metro always seem to have little to no representation in the Adelaide United team.
Interested to see who, if any, they can convince from interstate, and if they're of any better quality than the local talent

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

united92 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:33 am
Rightside wrote:
Signed so far

Charlie Grant
Chelsie Dawber
Dylan Holmes
Emily Condon
Emily Hodgson
Georgia Campagnale
Isabel Hodgson
Laura Johns
Matilda McNamara
Sian McLaren

Apparently no players from the WNPL Championship winning side of Metro United.
For a club that's one of the so called "Big 3" of City, West and themselves, Metro always seem to have little to no representation in the Adelaide United team.
Interested to see who, if any, they can convince from interstate, and if they're of any better quality than the local talent
I find it ludicrous that certain players are still being contracted when they had no impact during the 2020 WNPL season. There are 2-3 players that fit into that category and I cannot fathom why Adrian has selected these players or is it Ivan still in charge. C'mon Adrian, its time for you to step up and deliver your own style, strategies and tactics and stop being a puppet. The talk amongst players is that you are a very positive, outgoing and lovely person. However, this does not define you as a innovative coach. United 92, the reason why no players were and will not be selected from Metro is that Ivan had made comments in the past that he will not select Metro players due the team being lazy, unfit and slow, therefore will not fit into his AU squad. Make of that what you will.

scar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by scar »

united92 wrote:
Rightside wrote:
Signed so far

Charlie Grant
Chelsie Dawber
Dylan Holmes
Emily Condon
Emily Hodgson
Georgia Campagnale
Isabel Hodgson
Laura Johns
Matilda McNamara
Sian McLaren

Metro always seem to have little to no representation in the Adelaide United team.
Well I'm a big fan of Chrissy Panagaris (if can get her fitness back from injury) & is still waiting to be given her opportunity.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

scar wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:56 am
united92 wrote:
Rightside wrote:
Signed so far

Charlie Grant
Chelsie Dawber
Dylan Holmes
Emily Condon
Emily Hodgson
Georgia Campagnale
Isabel Hodgson
Laura Johns
Matilda McNamara
Sian McLaren

Metro always seem to have little to no representation in the Adelaide United team.
Well I'm a big fan of Chrissy Panagaris (if can get her fitness back from injury) & is still waiting to be given her opportunity.
Yeah that's certainly the key one from Metro that comes to mind. Young, quick, fit (apart from her current injury), and is a deadly scorer. 45 goals in 45 games since the start of the 2018 season (and won the Golden Boot in 2018 at 19 years old).
It astounds me that she's never even got a look in.
Imagine Dawber, Holmes and Panagaris all in the same side competing at the national level....