WNPL ROUND 1

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

WNPL ROUND 1

Post by Rightside »

Round 1 is finally here! Some great games to kick the season off

Thurs
Comets 2-0 NTC
Inter 2-1 Uni

Fri
Metro 1-1 City
Fulham 0-3 Westies

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: WNPL ROUND 1

Post by juniorsupporter »

Hard to know how the first three rounds will pan out without the W-League players- here are my predictions:

Metro 1 - City 2
Inter 2 - Uni 2
Fulham 0 - West Adelaide 3
Comets 2 - NTC 0

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Looking forward to a fantastic WNPL 2020 season.
Last edited by sportsbird on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Looking forward to a fantastic season.

My prediction for the top 4 for 2020 are:
1. West Adelaide
2. Adelaide City
3. Adelaide Comets
4. Metro

I believe West Adelaide will take out the final as they have recruited well especially with the Adelaide United player Laura Johns who has had an outstanding season in the W League and with the current crop of talented players will be too good for opposition teams.

Adelaide City will still be in the hunt to make it back to back. But I'm not sure if Max has the ability to take city to the next level to outclass West Adelaide. Adelaide City will be without 5 players in the first three rounds as they have finished their W League season and must take a break for a month. Can Adelaide City win any games in the first three rounds without these talented players. We just have to wait and see.

Comets will be eyeing the finals this year and I believe they have the cattle to achieve that especially with a new recruit in goals. Tony Mansueto with a year experience under his belt as Head coach will be better prepared for the challenges his team faces in 2020. Also congratulations to Comets for achieving their first W-League player in Victoria Mansueto.

Metro, with a disappointing season last season will make an amends and attempt to consolidate a finals birth in 2020. It will be a testing time for Tony Scalzi who will be under pressure to ensure Metro gets back into the finals and regain the powerhouse status the club has held over several years. With senior players returning from long term injuries will strengthen the team and will ensure Metro enters the race for the finals again.

Good luck to all other WNPL clubs for season 2020.

My 1st Round pick
Metro 1 - City 1
Inter 2 - Uni 2
Fulham 1 - West Adelaide 4
Comets 2 - NTC 0

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

Comets 3-0 NTC
Inter 3-1 Uni
Metro 1-4 City
Fulham 0-5 Westies

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

sportsbird wrote:Looking forward to a fantastic season.

My prediction for the top 4 for 2020 are:
1. West Adelaide
2. Adelaide City
3. Adelaide Comets
4. Metro

I believe West Adelaide will take out the final as they have recruited well especially with the Adelaide United player Laura Johns who has had an outstanding season in the W League and with the current crop of talented players will be too good for opposition teams.

Adelaide City will still be in the hunt to make it back to back. But I'm not sure if Max has the ability to take city to the next level to outclass West Adelaide. Adelaide City will be without 5 players in the first three rounds as they have finished their W League season and must take a break for a month. Can Adelaide City win any games in the first three rounds without these talented players. We just have to wait and see.

Comets will be eyeing the finals this year and I believe they have the cattle to achieve that especially with a new recruit in goals. Tony Mansueto with a year experience under his belt as Head coach will be better prepared for the challenges his team faces in 2020. Also congratulations to Comets for achieving their first W-League player in Victoria Mansueto.

Metro, with a disappointing season last season will make an amends and attempt to consolidate a finals birth in 2020. It will be a testing time for Tony Scalzi who will be under pressure to ensure Metro gets back into the finals and regain the powerhouse status the club has held over several years. With senior players returning from long term injuries will strengthen the team and will ensure Metro enters the race for the finals again.

Good luck to all other WNPL clubs for season 2020.

My 1st Round pick
Metro 1 - City 1
Inter 2 - Uni 2
Fulham 1 - West Adelaide 4
Comets 2 - NTC 0

prediction for the top 4 for 2020 are: based on the recruitment and coaches styles , i think some changes made to clubs will see
1. West Adelaide
2. Salisbury inter
3. Adelaide City
4. Adelaide uni

Galey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Galey »

I feel this will be a very close run thing between City and West and it could go either way. One consideration is that neither appear to have a genuine prems quality keeper listed in their squads this year. Sarah wasn't listen in the Westies senior squad in the FSA WNPL season preview yesterday and Kendall is prone to making mistakes.
My prediction for this season's top 4:

1. City: still such a strong core group of players with a lot of experience
2. West: going to be even stronger this year with some excellent new players added to the squad
3. Inter: some very strong signings and I expect them to do well once the new players gel
4. Throw a blanket over the rest of the teams but hope it's Comets

Round 1:
Comets 2 V NTC 1 - I feel NTC will be quite competitive this season so Comets will be happy with any win
Inter 2 V Uni 1 - will be close and scrappy
Metro 1 V City 3 - even without their W League players City will win
Fulham 0 V West 4 - West will be too strong

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

1- City (still best side)
2- West (great team and will get closer)
3- Inter (will also close gap to city)
4- Uni (maybe best of rest)
5- Comets (improving)
6- Metro (not improving)
7- NTC (older group this year will win more games)
8- Fulham (no Jenna no party)

Kickittome
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Kickittome »

Ladder predictions:
1-Adelaide City
2-Salisbury Inter
3-West Adelaide
4- Adelaide Comets
5- NTC
6- Adelaide Uni
7- Metro
8- Fulham

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

Comets 1-1 NTC
Inter 3-1 Uni
Metro 2-1 City
Fulham 0-8 Westies

Dominant display by West! Anyone at metro/City who can comment on the game?

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

From what I saw on YouTube, could have been a couple more to Metro in the second half.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Many result predictions and team analyses. Excellent reading. Some brief and some with detail. Whilst early games are hard to gauge I think what we have seen so far is indicative of what lays ahead. Some may disagree.

City, Metro, Inter and Comets vying for second from Westies.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Not sure you can tell much from the first round- except for maybe that Fulham will struggle and teams will run up the score against them for goal difference. City was playing only half of their starting 11... several other teams missing players as well. It will all get real in round 4...