Adel Utd Coach to be Offered Further Contract Extension

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Adel Utd Coach to be Offered Further Contract Extension

Post by Michael »

sportsbird wrote:Story has it that during a training session prior to the last W League game it involved the head coach who had stopped the training suddenly and tore shreds towards the goal keeper in front of all the players during a training game and allegedly stated something like she was crap and that she has been average all season. The goalkeeper had become distraught after the altercation and became emotional. This story came from another player who expressed her anger and frustration by the treatment towards the goalkeeper. Comments like this from the Head coach towards the best goalkeeper in SA is appalling and uncalled for. She has been an outstanding goalkeeper for AU all year and if it were not for her, we would be coming home with the wooden spoon and a lot more goal difference. That's why I have no time for him and hope he is not offered the coaching role again in women's sport. No idea how to communicate with female athletes. Yes I will get targeted again by my critics, that I have it in for him, but this has been happening last season and this season. It has to stop. The culture needs to change urgently. We are continually losing players to other clubs. If the head coach is re-appointed, we will have further player exodus and future players not wanting to come to Adelaide. Finally rumour has it that Amber will definitely not be returning next season as she has had enough with the poor state of the club and it's culture.

I call, Bullsh!t
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Hmmm seriously though this guy (Ivan) has probably worn a lot of the criticism that should be directed to those on manton st.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

billy the kid wrote:Hmmm seriously though this guy (Ivan) has probably worn a lot of the criticism that should be directed to those on manton st.

+1

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

sportsbird wrote:Story has it that during a training session prior to the last W League game it involved the head coach who had stopped the training suddenly and tore shreds towards the goal keeper in front of all the players during a training game and allegedly stated something like she was crap and that she has been average all season. The goalkeeper had become distraught after the altercation and became emotional. This story came from another player who expressed her anger and frustration by the treatment towards the goalkeeper. Comments like this from the Head coach towards the best goalkeeper in SA is appalling and uncalled for. She has been an outstanding goalkeeper for AU all year and if it were not for her, we would be coming home with the wooden spoon and a lot more goal difference. That's why I have no time for him and hope he is not offered the coaching role again in women's sport. No idea how to communicate with female athletes. Yes I will get targeted again by my critics, that I have it in for him, but this has been happening last season and this season. It has to stop. The culture needs to change urgently. We are continually losing players to other clubs. If the head coach is re-appointed, we will have further player exodus and future players not wanting to come to Adelaide. Finally rumour has it that Amber will definitely not be returning next season as she has had enough with the poor state of the club and it's culture.

Serious question sportsbird: Does it take you a lot of time to make all these things up in your highly unsuccessful attempts to get other people believing you or does it come automatically through Delusional Disorder?

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Ben Rath

Firstly, I am not delusional and secondly how about you getting off your posterior and check out the facts. Go an ask the player mentioned as well as other players who were there at the time. So stop trying to defend Ivan as being the white knight because he is not. If & when you speak with the individual/s and you find out the facts are true, I would encourage you to have the balls and acknowledge that the the events did occur and the facts were true. But I won't hold my breath for you to acknowledge it on this forum as it may affect your credibility. It does prove one thing, that you are not even close in the players circle and understand what happens behind close doors. Ben Rath, maybe you can't handle the truth.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

Sportsbird you are still yet to answer my question as to who your source is.

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

sportsbird wrote:Ben Rath

Firstly, I am not delusional and secondly how about you getting off your posterior and check out the facts. Go an ask the player mentioned as well as other players who were there at the time. So stop trying to defend Ivan as being the white knight because he is not. If & when you speak with the individual/s and you find out the facts are true, I would encourage you to have the balls and acknowledge that the the events did occur and the facts were true. But I won't hold my breath for you to acknowledge it on this forum as it may affect your credibility. It does prove one thing, that you are not even close in the players circle and understand what happens behind close doors. Ben Rath, maybe you can't handle the truth.

I know several of the players including that one. I speak to a few of them regularly and it's why I know you're lying.

And no one else on this forum believes you because a lot of them are also connected. They also know you're lying.

You've also previously been caught lying on this forum. Which is also why we all know you're lying.

My question to you was legitimate.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Ben Rath
Did you actually speak to the player directly and ask the question because you are clutching at straws at the moment.
I guarantee that no-one on this forum will agree with you as they know this had occurred. I

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Hey Sportsbird

do you have this players permission to speak on her behalf on a public forum???

if not.....youre in the wrong
if so......youre both in the wrong
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

MegaBonus wrote:Hey Sportsbird

do you have this players permission to speak on her behalf on a public forum???

if not.....youre in the wrong
if so......youre both in the wrong

Hey Megabonus,
Firstly I did not and will not speak on this players behalf unless she give me permission to do so.
Secondly, the information was passed onto me from numerous players who were training when this incident occurred and were not happy and dismayed with the treatment from the coach to the individual player in front of her team mates.
I just don't understand certain people on this forum are actually happy with finishing equal bottom and are pleased with the head coach record.
In the real world, the coach would have been sacked in the middle of this season. The head coach records tells it all, 10 games won in 3 seasons. That is not acceptable. It's just that I don't hold back when things are not right. I delve deeper into issues that develop within the club and pass my opinions on this forum.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Firstly I did not and will not speak on this players behalf unless she give me permission to do so.

but you did by bringing the matter to light on a public forum.....is this player still in the squad?? how will they feel when she fronts up to training next season knowing that you've blabbed about an incident that's meant to be in house....what trust and faith will the coaching staff have in her???

you've undermined her position in the squad....

and

Secondly, the information was passed onto me from numerous players who were training when this incident occurred

so essentially, you are repeating as gospel something that you cant verify yourself....

no offence but youre either not very clever or youre being manipulated or youre trying to undermine the coach in a cowardly fashion.....probably all 3....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

sportsbird wrote:Story has it

Says it all.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

MegaBonus wrote:

but you did by bringing the matter to light on a public forum.....is this player still in the squad?? how will they feel when she fronts up to training next season knowing that you've blabbed about an incident that's meant to be in house....what trust and faith will the coaching staff have in her???

you've undermined her position in the squad....

and

Secondly, the information was passed onto me from numerous players who were training when this incident occurred

so essentially, you are repeating as gospel something that you cant verify yourself....

no offence but youre either not very clever or youre being manipulated or youre trying to undermine the coach in a cowardly fashion.....probably all 3....

Millenials; Your guilty until you try to prove your innocence....
:roll:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

So Adrian Stenta is to take the reins now.

Everyone happy now?

(Good bloke by the way and reckon he'll go ok)
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I thought the following would interest Sportsbird given her stance on female coaches for female teams.....

The truth no one will speak aloud is that many AFLW players would prefer to be coached by men who they believe will extract more from their potential and have a greater background in elite AFL coaching.

different code but i would expect the same sentiments...

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

MegaBonus wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:28 am I thought the following would interest Sportsbird given her stance on female coaches for female teams.....

The truth no one will speak aloud is that many AFLW players would prefer to be coached by men who they believe will extract more from their potential and have a greater background in elite AFL coaching.

different code but i would expect the same sentiments...
like in any business or platform you pick the best person for job regardless of genitalia
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across