Season 2020 - Player Movements

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Season 2020 - Player Movements

Post by billy the kid »

Read with interest the announcements by some clubs about recent signings (new and returning).

Laura Johns heading to Westies post W League. excellent signing.

Any others of note?

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Season 2020 - Player Movements

Post by BeNatural »

Great to see Maria Rojas back playing for Salisbury Inter.

Highest paid player ever in Womens Football in SA.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Welcome back Maria. Genuine star player whom is talented beyond belief. Highest paid player in the WNPL? I would think yes. When she was with Uni, interestingly under Tracey, she was a highly paid player. A few years on the Tracey/Maria team has re-emerged.

I’ve heard figures like $3k per month being banded about. WOW. Question is, is there a contra deal with FSA giving her a role to do clinics etc? If payment of $3/month is true then there would be many underpaid players at SI that would have a gripe. Macca was probably the highest paid player at SI but this latest deal would leave her way behind. Not good for morale. How did the Adriana Jones experiment in 2018 pan out for SI? I suspect she was being paid a decent amount.

Welcome back any way Maria

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

billy the kid wrote:Laura Johns heading to Westies post W League. excellent signing.
Hoping West Adelaide play her in a more forward role instead of LB where Laura still has been one of the few who can 'hold their head high' in what has been a very poor Adel. Utd season.