Adelaide City Appoints Max Primaro as Head Coach

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Adelaide City Appoints Max Primaro as Head Coach

Post by MegaBonus »

Players also will be giving him the benefit but with a tight leash
this comments really confounds me.....what is it about the woman's game that reflects the perceived disproportionate power that players have???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

SAD GAL wrote:A lot of diplomacy shown on this subject. I'll add my 2 cents.

Like it or not, the appointment isn't sitting well with people at city. Not matter how you dress it up, people at city aren't convinced that this was a good move.

My views are that city may not be able to offer the $$$$$$$$$$$$ it once had access to for coaches and had to get the budget model. I think it will be a cautious year ahead for city and they will keep a close eye on the conduct, performance and attitude of the coach. Players also will be giving him the benefit but with a tight leash

I'll be interested to read Junior's rebuttal.
Gee, not a good start.

Not even one training session and already under the microscope.

Not an ideal environment especially when the benchmark has already been set very high.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

MegaBonus wrote:
Players also will be giving him the benefit but with a tight leash
this comments really confounds me.....what is it about the woman's game that reflects the perceived disproportionate power that players have???
+1
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

It’s about the depth of talent in the women’s competition. Unlike the men’s, if a group of talented and hardworking, aspirational players leave an NPL club it’s not easy to replace them. If a club mishandles its women’s program, it can go from top to bottom within a season. That’s why top quality female NPL players have more power than their male counterparts. There aren’t that many of them.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Ok...

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

A fair and accurate assessment.

juniorsupporter wrote:It’s about the depth of talent in the women’s competition. Unlike the men’s, if a group of talented and hardworking, aspirational players leave an NPL club it’s not easy to replace them. If a club mishandles its women’s program, it can go from top to bottom within a season. That’s why top quality female NPL players have more power than their male counterparts. There aren’t that many of them.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

If it were Comets, Fulham or Uni or Salisbury there would not be too much attention given however, it is about the all conquering city then the appointment of max will draw attention.

Question is: Why has he again moved out of retirement and again taken up coaching? Is his commitment and coaching style and philosophy and capabilities up to date, relevant and will it be at the level city players expect? For mine, recent history will answer these ?'s with no.

Given Ebbs' at fulham is not the flavour of the month, I thought max will play a cameo role and once again try and rescue fulham.
snow white wrote:
SAD GAL wrote:A lot of diplomacy shown on this subject. I'll add my 2 cents.

Like it or not, the appointment isn't sitting well with people at city. Not matter how you dress it up, people at city aren't convinced that this was a good move.

My views are that city may not be able to offer the $$$$$$$$$$$$ it once had access to for coaches and had to get the budget model. I think it will be a cautious year ahead for city and they will keep a close eye on the conduct, performance and attitude of the coach. Players also will be giving him the benefit but with a tight leash

I'll be interested to read Junior's rebuttal.
Gee, not a good start.

Not even one training session and already under the microscope.

Not an ideal environment especially when the benchmark has already been set very high.