sportsbird scorecard

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

sportsbird scorecard

Post by Ben Rath »

Let's just remember this gold from sportsbird on the 'AUWFC season 2019-2020' thread:

"The talk has it that there will be a significant player movement within the Adelaide United Women's Team.
It has been rumored that Ivan was not happy with some of the local players last season and will be introducing several new players.
At this stage, contracts will be offered to 6-7 local players from last season. Chelsie Dawber, Emily Hodgson, Emily Condon, Emma Checker, Laura Johns, Charlotte Grant and Sarah Willacy.
The rest will miss out. It will be interesting who the new players will be."

I said she was JOKing. First signings announced today and already 2 wrong (can guarantee with more to come).

Georgia Campagnale IN
Emma Checker OUT .. just a reminder that the news that Emma was staying in Melbourne was already known when sportsbird posted this ... and then she pretended they were mates

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: sportsbird scorecard

Post by Michael »

A bit sad to be picking on someone for having an opinion!

You may disagree with her (I am assuming Sportsbird is a she) but she is entitled to her opinion, just like you are.
:wink:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

Michael wrote:A bit sad to be picking on someone for having an opinion!

You may disagree with her (I am assuming Sportsbird is a she) but she is entitled to her opinion, just like you are.
:wink:
Nothing to do with 'opinion'. This is calling out mistruths and from someone who uses mistruths to debase people. Lying about having insider knowledge; "The talk has it that there will be a significant player movement within the Adelaide United Women's Team." she says. Already shown to be complete BS.

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

Anyway, now up to 3 mistakes.

Emma Checker OUT
Georgia Campagnale IN
Dylan Holmes IN [like that was ever in doubt!!!]

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Who's keeping tally. Easy to pick at the statements however, very little else comes from others on this forum that would represent a view (good/bad/or indifferent). I might not always agree however, if we allow the powers to be to go unchecked we will continue to get what been has dished out.

If we lose Sportsbird then we’ve lost a point of view.

Ben Rath wrote:Anyway, now up to 3 mistakes.

Emma Checker OUT
Georgia Campagnale IN
Dylan Holmes IN [like that was ever in doubt!!!]

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Thanks Michael and Billy for your support. I understand and respect your comments whether you agree with me or not. The comments I make on this forum is my opinion only and I also respect other peoples opinions on football whether I like it or not. And yes I do make comments that fall short from the facts, but these are comments I obtain from players, coaches and supporters.
That's what the forum is all about to make comments and to have other peoples opinions.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

There seems to be some confusion here- I’m all for different opinions and respectful disagreement. However I think what some on here object to is the presentation of gossip (information obtained from players, parent and supporters) as fact...that’s not stating an opinion, it’s spreading rumours. Moreover, where players opinions are concerned about certain coaches and situations, often one player’s complaint or opinion is generalized to represent how all or a majority of the players feel. This is what I find objectionable.

Like I said- opinions are fine. Everyone has them and I don’t always agree. But please don’t use this forum to spread gossip. It can be hurtful and damaging.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

Agreed, sportbird deservedly attracts criticism as he/she presents rumour and innuendo as pure fact.

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

nathanburns15 wrote:Agreed, sportbird deservedly attracts criticism as he/she presents rumour and innuendo as pure fact.

Thankyou. Have every opinion you like- the more the better.

But in the last month sportsbird had spread misinformation to undermine a coach and also to undermine a perfectly legitimat decision made by FFSA about a players' eligibility. Cant believe there could be a single person who does not see that as being totally out of order.

Fake news should be called out.

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

We're back baby! The tally has hit 4.

Emma Checker OUT
Georgia Campagnale IN
Dylan Holmes IN
Isabel Hodgson IN