Adelaide City Appointed New Head Coach for 2020

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Adelaide City Appointed New Head Coach for 2020

Post by sportsbird »

I believe Adelaide City will soon be announcing Geoff Hargreaves as the new head coach of the women's senior team for 2020.
Geoff was a former FFSA Women's NTC coach and currently the assistant coach for the Adelaide City Men's senior team.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Adelaide City Appointed New Head Coach for 2020

Post by juniorsupporter »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

juniorsupporter wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought it was funny too when I heard it.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

He's not even applied.

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

Not sure why sportsbird didn't update this thread about new Ad City womens coach instead of starting a new one :lol:

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

So who is the coach? Geoff Hargreaves or Max Primaro?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Max.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Max has had a season away from fulham and maybe he now has the drive and passion to take on city. After 3 brilliant years with Pezos and Calderbank and Hatzi. They’ve set the high benchmark that many teams will need to get to if hey aspire to be the best wnpl team/club in SA. From my understanding (and the exceptional development, play and results), city have in place a very high level of training, recovery, strength and conditioning that not many, if any, other teams have. 3 Sessions a week and recruitment of the right players have set the course for city.

Question for Max, is will he or does he have the tools, the drive to not only continue the legacy of the last 3-4 seasons but can he maintain it? Will city’s expectations correspond with Max’s capabilities? Why wasn’t he able to bring to Fulham those structures and developmental/training city have in place?

Obvious to me is that his time away has given him the opportunity to develop and update his coaching arsenal and that he has learned from City’s formula and is confident that he can take the next step in the development of city players. These are all questions he can answer and will need to convince the city players that Max 2020 is not Max 2017. Only then will he be able to convince them to stay or to seek a change.

A2Hostingcoupon
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by A2Hostingcoupon »

hello,
Yes, we have to encourage women more in sports. Also, women work very well in tech giant companies. If you thinking to start with small then start your website or blog with A2 Hosting coupon codes 2019 to save tons of money on web hostings.

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

billy the kid wrote:Max has had a season away from fulham and maybe he now has the drive and passion to take on city. After 3 brilliant years with Pezos and Calderbank and Hatzi. They’ve set the high benchmark that many teams will need to get to if hey aspire to be the best wnpl team/club in SA. From my understanding (and the exceptional development, play and results), city have in place a very high level of training, recovery, strength and conditioning that not many, if any, other teams have. 3 Sessions a week and recruitment of the right players have set the course for city.

Question for Max, is will he or does he have the tools, the drive to not only continue the legacy of the last 3-4 seasons but can he maintain it? Will city’s expectations correspond with Max’s capabilities? Why wasn’t he able to bring to Fulham those structures and developmental/training city have in place?

Obvious to me is that his time away has given him the opportunity to develop and update his coaching arsenal and that he has learned from City’s formula and is confident that he can take the next step in the development of city players. These are all questions he can answer and will need to convince the city players that Max 2020 is not Max 2017. Only then will he be able to convince them to stay or to seek a change.
they are not convinced already! job for the boys and City will learn the hard way with a double whammy next year, men and women for a total mess.

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

It won't happen over night with Max but it will happen. Wait and see I guess.