WNPL final

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

WNPL final

Post by In the way »

Good luck to both sides, the two best sides over the course of the season are playing each other.
Lot is at stake, not just the prize,but for some players the last chance to impress a W League coach, never know who might be watching.
Looking at the team lists on the website for this game, and the Reserves final, quite a few former Cumberland players involved.
who knows what could've happen if things had been different.

Armadillo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: WNPL final

Post by Armadillo »

All the best to both sides! Definitely the most deserving teams in the final so should be a great game to watch!

A little confused by your comment re Cumberland players, most of those are in the RESERVES finals sides. Unless you’re hinting that if things had been different, the could have played their best team in the reserves comp and won that?
Just an odd and irrelevant observation IMO

Let’s not detract from the women’s game tomorrow! Good luck girls!!

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

i should have waited until after the final, lets concentrate on both the women's finals for now,hope all teams put on a great display of football, and the match officials have a good game too.
predictions ?
wnpl reserves ade uni to win 2-1
wnpl ade city to win 4-2

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

Congrats to City.

Wasn't the finest game, but over the course of the year, by far the best team.

Commiserations to West Adelaide.

The players gave it their absolute all, and left everything on the pitch but left gutted.

I think they deserved to at least bring the game to penalties where it would have been interesting to see the impact of Sarah in goals.

I have to question one move in particular as a turning point in the game. Why take of G Macri after 65 mins, given your bench has already been depleted by key injuries during the season and you have already lost a key starter early in the game? Knock out games have to be prepared on the basis that you might end up playing 120 plus minutes. Georgia, IMO, should not have been taken off, especially so early in the game.

The longer that game went, City's depth was always likely to come to the fore, as the Westies starting 11 tired covering such a big pitch.

I expected more from such an experienced coach, provided of course Georgia was not injured.

Ben Rath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ben Rath »

scipio africanus wrote:Congrats to City.

Wasn't the finest game, but over the course of the year, by far the best team.

Commiserations to West Adelaide.

The players gave it their absolute all, and left everything on the pitch but left gutted.

I think they deserved to at least bring the game to penalties where it would have been interesting to see the impact of Sarah in goals.

I have to question one move in particular as a turning point in the game. Why take of G Macri after 65 mins, given your bench has already been depleted by key injuries during the season and you have already lost a key starter early in the game? Knock out games have to be prepared on the basis that you might end up playing 120 plus minutes. Georgia, IMO, should not have been taken off, especially so early in the game.

The longer that game went, City's depth was always likely to come to the fore, as the Westies starting 11 tired covering such a big pitch.

I expected more from such an experienced coach, provided of course Georgia was not injured.
Agree with most of this but thought it was a good tight game and I would cut Santrac some slack. West very good but not as starstudded as City and he and his players have done really well to be competitive against them.