Condolences

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Brewie
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Condolences

Post by Brewie »

Condolences to everyone involved with Cove Marion over the sad loss of one of their U15 players yesterday. Condolences to all her family and friends.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Condolences

Post by Mr Red »

When I saw Sophia's picture on the news last night I said to my wife she looks familiar to me.

And yes Sophia played against my 15YO daughter a few weeks ago.

I dont think now is the time to focus to much on the hows and whys this has happened but to think more about the young life lost and the impact this is having on her family and friends.

RIP young soul, you had something that connected with people you didnt even know.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Terrible and very tragic. Family is in for tough times so condolences to all affected. :(

Still scratching my head trying to understand how someone living at Elizabeth North can afford a Lamborghini! :shock:
Ignore this signature

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

RIP Sophia. Forever young.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

The football community is in mourning this week after the passing of fifteen-year-old Cove Marion WFC player, Sophia Naismith.

Sophia passed away on Saturday evening in a tragic accident.

Sophia's parents have since released an emotional statement.

"Nothing prepares you for times like this. Sophia was the centre of our universe. Our cherished first born. Best friend to her sisters. Adored by her grandparents. Admired by her Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. A good friend to many. Loved by all.

"Everything has changed.

"She was an accomplished state volleyballer, gymnast, soccer player and a popular and gifted student.

"Our lives will never be the same again.

"We want to thank our precious family and friends for their love and support in such a distressing time.

"We also want to thank the paramedics and police who came to Sophia’s aid.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Sophia’s friend Jordyn who was injured in the accident."

Miss Naismith played for Cove Marion WFC this season.

Football Federation SA extends its condolences to Sophia's parents, Pia and Luke, her family, friends and the Cove Marion WFC community.

Vale Sophia.
As a parent, the last thing you would expect to do is bury your child... RIP Sophia
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.