Round 11

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Round 11

Post by juniorsupporter »

Some unexpected results last night- Fulham downed Metro 1-0, Comets drew with Westies, and City scored 9 against Salisbury.

City now 8 points clear at the top with a goal difference of 47. Next three very tight, Metro, West Adelaide and Salisbury. Uni still in with a chance for top 4. Fulham, Comets and NTC duelling it out to avoid wooden spoon.

What will the final table look like?

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Round 11

Post by billy the kid »

Basically from 2nd spot down can make the 8. Results of late indcate there's no lock on 2-4. Maybe only WA is a certainty for 2-4 spot. that's all.

Galey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Galey »

BTK, do you still stand by your comments posted after Round 9 that City is not the stand out team and their dominance is overstated.
In my opinion, they absolutely demolished the team sitting second on the ladder and made it look like they were doing training drills around mannequins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Well well well. The post poluice is on to me.

Sadly, I'm wrong..........for now.

Galey wrote:BTK, do you still stand by your comments posted after Round 9 that City is not the stand out team and their dominance is overstated.
In my opinion, they absolutely demolished the team sitting second on the ladder and made it look like they were doing training drills around mannequins

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

Couple of games i have seen Adelaide City are clearly the standout team, would not get too carried away just yet, even though they need to lose at least 3 matches, with half season to play, for anyone to catch them.
As we are about half way mark, being new would like to share my thoughts
WA with the talent they have should be doing better, Metro could be a case of same old players turning up to train and play every season, sometimes the desire to win can drop off if you have already " been there done that" becomes more about playing to compete, intensity to win drops. Inter a side with some good players, will be disappointed if they dont finish top 3.Can take time for a side to gel having so many new players.
Bottom 3 has become interesting, big crucial clash whenever Fulham play Comets again, and Adelaide Uni, unless they are able to pick up Usual 1 or 2 overseas players will be mid table 5th placed side - there you go, lets catch up again in 3 months and see :)

My main reason for posting here is about the Division leagues, maybe by me commenting might encourage others to do the same, this forum is not just about WNPL
Does anyone know why the ffsa does not implement the first 3 league games are also grading games policy ?
Looking at all the senior division tables, bottom team in each division are clearly in the wrong division, top team in each division ( 2,3,4+5) look too strong for that division couldve have swapped with those bottom teams.
It use to be sfter first 3 matches the ffsa would move you up or down if it was obvious you were in the wrong division, you would take whatever points or goals with you.
It would even up the competition.
Okay i have said enough, cheers for reading my rant :)

Galey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Galey »

Sorry BTK if I came across as 'policing' your post. I was merely wondering if you had seen anything of the last couple of City games that may have changed your mind.
I agree there's still a long way to go, but from what I have seen, City are the stand out team currently.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

In the Way- with regards to the social divisions, I went and had a look at each or the ladders, and I saw a couple where first place teams were way out in front (ie Salisbury Utd) and a couple where the bottom teams seem to be struggling. I don’t know why they don’t do grading games anymore- I suspect time may be a factor- I think placing teams is a combination of club request and the need of the competitions. I don’t think it would ever be perfect. A lot can happen during the course of a season, injury, illness, work commitments etc to impact a clubs standing on the table. Without going out to see games it’s hard to know exactly what’s happening or how dominant/uncompetitive a team is in their division. I’m sure all that doesn’t help much, but those are my thoughts.

I do know from experience that FFSa doesn’t want to lose teams from a comp and will make efforts to place them properly- if it looks as if a team has been misplaced FFsA will make efforts to correct that the following season.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

No offence taken. Seriously.

Is it more about the opposition rather than City? Salisbury are a pretty solid side. HUGE number of goals through which causes me to think what has happened to SI on that night. That said, City have kicked a huge number of goals over the course of the season and are a potent set up. Cannot take anything away from them. City will hold on to top spot and the 2-4 will be fought out amongst the other 7.

Galey wrote:Sorry BTK if I came across as 'policing' your post. I was merely wondering if you had seen anything of the last couple of City games that may have changed your mind.
I agree there's still a long way to go, but from what I have seen, City are the stand out team currently.

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

juniorsupporter wrote:In the Way- with regards to the social divisions, I went and had a look at each or the ladders, and I saw a couple where first place teams were way out in front (ie Salisbury Utd) and a couple where the bottom teams seem to be struggling. I don’t know why they don’t do grading games anymore- I suspect time may be a factor- I think placing teams is a combination of club request and the need of the competitions. I don’t think it would ever be perfect. A lot can happen during the course of a season, injury, illness, work commitments etc to impact a clubs standing on the table. Without going out to see games it’s hard to know exactly what’s happening or how dominant/uncompetitive a team is in their division. I’m sure all that doesn’t help much, but those are my thoughts.

I do know from experience that FFSa doesn’t want to lose teams from a comp and will make efforts to place them properly- if it looks as if a team has been misplaced FFsA will make efforts to correct that the following season.
It has been a while since the first 3 weeks grading games has been used, from my memory it worked okay back then.
The 3 weeks was good because the 4th week was usually a Cup round, which allowed teams to prepare to be moved up or down, and prepare for thier next league fixture in the new division.
I am guessing some teams are made up of players who have played at a higher level, just want to stay together and play in a more social level, and then there are one or two teams who may be made up of good juniors who are making the transition to senior competition.
I just want to ensure they are getting competitive matches, but not at the detriment of the competition where newer teams are getting demolished.
Lets see how next few weeks pan out. Cheers.