Round 9

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Round 9

Post by juniorsupporter »

City 4 - NTC 1
West Adelaide 3 - Fulham 0
Metro 2 - Uni 2
Salisbury 1 - Comets 2

I think City still too strong for NTC, and they play similar style. Age and experience will win out. Fulham still struggling to find a shape and system, so West Adelaide will take the points, especially after last week’s debacle- could even be a blowout. Metro and Uni will be a tight affair. Comets will be eager to get the three points and will have an easier time of it with an additional striker and no Chants Ryder.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Round 9

Post by juniorsupporter »

City 3- NTC 0
Metro 3 - Uni 0
Salisbury 2 - Comets 1

In the Metro game, keeper sent off around 38'. Anybody see the game? Would be interested to know what happened. Good on Metro for not conceding after going down to 10. They were already 3-0 up.

On another note, I've not been particularly impressed, overall, with the refs/linespeople this season- I appreciate their efforts, and I'm not in the habit of whingeing about people trying their best in a difficult job, but a few have been shocking. There are a couple of very reliable, quality ones (Izzy, Gary M) but some others need some serious retraining IMO.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Round 9

Post by billy the kid »

Good comments about the refs. The younger ones have my backing and I never have a go at them. May not agree with decisions however, generally they are doing a great job. I do however, have an issue with some of the older refs going around who I consider to be experienced however, whose conduct and performance is abysmal. No names needed here however, their reputations about their performances precedes them. This year in particular I’ve witnessed some very perplexing decisions that justify the supporter’s reactions.

In regards to the games so far. It’s been great so far with teams 1-7 putting on a good show. For mine, Comets and NTC must remain in the WNPL. They are committed to strong development and positive coaching. Fulham, like Cumby, needs a rest in SL and decide if they’re serious about their WNPL team. Lucky to have survived this season. No such luck (unless they recruit players from the Australian national team. City is not the stand out team. There are many rounds to go and their dominance is over stated. Unless you go to their web page and social media sites you may get a different perspective. West Adelaide and Metro and Salisbury are getting results but still need to find the right balance on the pitch. Uni? Seem to follow a well-worn path. Unpredictability.

juniorsupporter wrote:City 3- NTC 0
Metro 3 - Uni 0
Salisbury 2 - Comets 1

In the Metro game, keeper sent off around 38'. Anybody see the game? Would be interested to know what happened. Good on Metro for not conceding after going down to 10. They were already 3-0 up.

On another note, I've not been particularly impressed, overall, with the refs/linespeople this season- I appreciate their efforts, and I'm not in the habit of whingeing about people trying their best in a difficult job, but a few have been shocking. There are a couple of very reliable, quality ones (Izzy, Gary M) but some others need some serious retraining IMO.