Success of NTC

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Success of NTC

Post by billy the kid »

Well done the Charlotte Grant and her rise to the Matilda’s ranks. Well done.

Many more will follow her steps. Many. I've watched the NTC players the last 2 seasons and I'm very impressed.

I think that in a very short period of time, the NTC program will (if not already) surpass what the previous sasi program was supposed to deliver. That is representation in the national team. The NTC set up is where sasi needed to be. Players come through the program and finish up late teens. Sasi failed to properly achieve whatever it was they wanted it to achieve. NTC has quickly shown to deliver the goods. It’s always changing and for me, delivers on its promises. Excellence in player development. For me NTC is 10/10.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Success of NTC

Post by juniorsupporter »

Why don't we see how they go at NTC challenge....or whether any of the current NTC crop get W-League contracts or time on the pitch...Charlotte is a wonderful person and excellent player who deserves all the good things coming her way. But I personally haven't been so impressed with the output of the program over the past few years.

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

juniorsupporter wrote:Why don't we see how they go at NTC challenge....or whether any of the current NTC crop get W-League contracts or time on the pitch...Charlotte is a wonderful person and excellent player who deserves all the good things coming her way. But I personally haven't been so impressed with the output of the program over the past few years.
second that

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Interesting replies. Very good

I look at the Matildas over the last 5-15 years and there have been many players in SA that have missed a golden opportunity. Good and exceptional talent destroyed by incompetence under the old system. And those afforded the chance to go to camps they were ill prepared.

NTC should be juidged accordingly in the same vein sasi were afforded.