Season 2019 - Lot to like

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Season 2019 - Lot to like

Post by billy the kid »

Season 2019 kicks off with a brilliant display/celebration of elite Women in Sport at the Parks. No Hype. No fanfare. No excessive promotion . Just pure sporting excellence. Women's football in SA sits comfortably with the best in women's sport.

The FFSA has delivered a well thought out and exciting fixture for 2019. The hits are as follows:

1) The curtain raisers and double headers across the season are well thought out and will increase exposure for our elite sportswomen.

2) The Mitise Challenge was fantastic. the 3 game round robin culminating in a final's round was well received. I thought the FFSA nailed this one.

3) Adelaide Comets will not be easy beats. If they continue as I saw them in the Mitise Challenge, I think they will trouble many teams.

4) FFSA WNPL breakfast this Thursday. FANNATSTIC

What needs work by the FFSA and other media outlets:

1) Weekly spots in the local media Messenger is insufficient. The WNPL deserves mainstream media.
2) Get a segment or two on the mainstream media on weekdays or weekends and preview and review the games.
3) Set up an NPL equivalent of WNPL player/goal of the week. There are sufficient women/girls in the competition to justify this coverage.

Apart from that, let's start.