Junior Coaching vacancies

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Junior Coaching vacancies

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Talking to many TD's and club reps its evident that clubs are finding it increasingly difficult to fin junior coaches.

What are the potential reasons for these difficulties and what can clubs do to remedy the problem?

Appreciate peoples views.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Junior Coaching vacancies

Post by billy the kid »

Hi Baggio 15. Many reasons I suspect however, what I believe to be a problem is what many people at sporting clubs suffer irrespective if it’s a coach, office holder (manager, coordinator etc). Many people get thrashed to bits by the club in the role they hold and sometimes many become 12 month commitments with 7 day a week involvement. As football clubs embark on centre of excellence to become increasingly professional in all aspects of the cub, the demands upon them during their tenure increases to a point that once you leave a positon, you rarely want to go back. Football clubs are great places however too few people are expected to do the bulk of the heavy lifting. Sometimes by design or mostly because it has evolved that way.

The load has to decrease for these people or at the very least, spread to a wider group. Volunteers are hard to attract yet clubs do not do well to retain and support them and are invariably lost. Coaches and officials are most times parents of kids playing at the club and have to forego being a parent supporting their own child. Many are not well supported and the demands are unreasonable. Hence why they do not volunteer to coach.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Very valid points.

Hard to find and even harder to maintain.

On the money with over working the few who give their time and it often leaves people feeling unappreciated.

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:Talking to many TD's and club reps its evident that clubs are finding it increasingly difficult to fin junior coaches.

What are the potential reasons for these difficulties and what can clubs do to remedy the problem?

I offered at a club a few years ago where my daughters played, but I baulked at the fact that they wouldn't cover the costs of getting my certificate even though I said they could reimburse me at end of season as there reasoning was they pay and I could go elsewhere.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

terryball wrote:
BAGGIO 15 wrote:Talking to many TD's and club reps its evident that clubs are finding it increasingly difficult to fin junior coaches.

I offered at a club a few years ago where my daughters played, but I baulked at the fact that they wouldn't cover the costs of getting my certificate even though I said they could reimburse me at end of season as there reasoning was they pay and I could go elsewhere.

Every club is different when it comes to certificates.

At Uni we always encourage coaches to progress their accreditation's as the better the coaches the better the sessions put on with a direct flow on to players.

We cover these cost's.