Matildas squad for the Cup of Nations Tournament

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Matildas squad for the Cup of Nations Tournament

Post by billy the kid »

The squad for the Cup of Nations Tournament is in. One surprising inclusion there is one not so surprising omission(???).

De Vanna, after a poor W League is lucky to get a spot. May be her swansong appearance for this once stalwart of the team. I hope for her sake she keeps her head in, listens to the coach and puts her own interests aside and if she’s subbed off, no tantrum antics.

McCormick. Interesting discussion around her omission. Obviously rolled the dice with the juggling AFL-W and W League and a potential Matilda’s gig. Whilst the omission is not doom and gloom, I think a message has been sent to her; pick one.

This is an issue at local WNPL with girls playing footy and then coming to play WNPL. Coaches are now saying if you play WNPL you don’t play footy. Jenna is to good a person to miss out on a Matildas spot.

Chidiac making the squad adds to my argument.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Matildas squad for the Cup of Nations Tournament

Post by Delete Your Account »

I thought the squad was going to be posted here.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

billy the kid wrote:The squad for the Cup of Nations Tournament is in. One surprising inclusion there is one not so surprising omission(???).

De Vanna, after a poor W League is lucky to get a spot. May be her swansong appearance for this once stalwart of the team. I hope for her sake she keeps her head in, listens to the coach and puts her own interests aside and if she’s subbed off, no tantrum antics.

McCormick. Interesting discussion around her omission. Obviously rolled the dice with the juggling AFL-W and W League and a potential Matilda’s gig. Whilst the omission is not doom and gloom, I think a message has been sent to her; pick one.

This is an issue at local WNPL with girls playing footy and then coming to play WNPL. Coaches are now saying if you play WNPL you don’t play footy. Jenna is to good a person to miss out on a Matildas spot.

You have to keep in perspective Ante has had all of two weeks to observe W-League and has heavily leaned on Gary Van Egmond to pick this initial squad. Once he has more time to see the squad perform, go back over W-League footage and cast his own net, you will see change in the squad.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Lets hope so. Jenna deserves a spot
Lucas Leiva wrote:
billy the kid wrote:The squad for the Cup of Nations Tournament is in. One surprising inclusion there is one not so surprising omission(???).

You have to keep in perspective Ante has had all of two weeks to observe W-League and has heavily leaned on Gary Van Egmond to pick this initial squad. Once he has more time to see the squad perform, go back over W-League footage and cast his own net, you will see change in the squad.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

get sarah perkins up front. :wink: