The Mitise Cup and Season 2019

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

The Mitise Cup and Season 2019

Post by billy the kid »

The final round of 3 matches has ended with mixed results. First up well done FFSA on an excellent concept. It was a winner. Finals this week. I’ll be there to watch.

I've looked at as many games as I could and season 2019 for many of the teams is going to be a very good year. My quick assessment of Friday night and the 3 preceding rounds:

1) As I expected on Friday night, Westies, Metro and City got the job done and from what I saw, all three teams have settled into a very entertaining and skilful game style. Kudos to their 3 new coaches. These 3 teams will fight it out to the end with every game so important to the top position. Settled side will become more evident for these 3 teams as their new coaches also get into the groove.

2) NTC played a very strong starting 11 against Metro in week one and since then, rotated many new players through. I kike their game. New coach but the same tenacious and skilled game. Salisbury look settled and comfortable with Tracy at the top and with the new top recruits the stability off field should see a more consistent effort in 2019.

3) University is interesting. Not seeing the skilled possession game that Metro, Westies, City and NTC play. Whilst impressed with some aspects, the kick and run game is probably not going to deliver results. Defence is weak however, with Laura's return, we could see some class back there. Lots of new recruits which will add a new dimension to the team.

4) Comets whilst the results on paper look like it’s going to be a long year for them, they have scored and they are not going to be the Campbelltown on 2017. City game aside I like their never give in attitude and game plan that also is based on skill and possession. The coach is going to stick to his plan and mark my words, they will challenge all teams and put up a fight.

5) Fulham it will be a challenging year for them. Favourable results in week’s 1 and 2 gave them hope but an undermanned Metro quickly showed them that 2019 is not going to be easy. Some good players however, there is only so much you can do. Skill will win you the game.

Working on skill and a game style that will win games is the way to go and many of the teams have addressed this and the game looks to be delivering a sensational 2019.

Good luck to ALL the teams.

Galey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: The Mitise Cup and Season 2019

Post by Galey »

Pretty sure Westies got beat Friday night...

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Yes they did 0-1 however, Westies defeated City the week before 4-0. Not much can be gained from the pre-season games other than some of those clubs who finished way out of the top 4 will be trying to make every game a winner and gather some much needed momentum in 2019. Needless to say, relegation has turned the focus on better preparation and player management by all clubs.

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

well played West Adelaide on winning the final 2-1, very competitive game NTC had many chances but without a natural striker these chances were not taken. Big shout out to Niki Scalzi , who tore her ac in a tackle and handled like the champ she is,(go hard or go home)all the best to you in your recovery.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

That's horrible news for Niki. I am hoping for a quick recovery. As you said, she's a champ and a hard at it player. Too many injuries in the pre-season. Some avoidable. Let's hope this is it for this season.
terryball wrote:well played West Adelaide on winning the final 2-1, very competitive game NTC had many chances but without a natural striker these chances were not taken. Big shout out to Niki Scalzi , who tore her ac in a tackle and handled like the champ she is,(go hard or go home)all the best to you in your recovery.

Daisymartin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Daisymartin »

I enjoyed this season.