WNPL Season 2019

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

WNPL Season 2019

Post by billy the kid »

Liking the WNPL Fixtures for season 2019.

Plenty of double headers at grounds other than Valo or west beach.
Last edited by billy the kid on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: WNPL Season 2019

Post by nathanburns15 »

billy the kid wrote:Liking the WNPL Fixtures for season 2019.

One question. Is it correct that there are games schedule for Good Friday?
Link for the lazy
http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info. ... 9-0&pool=1

Pretty silly scheduling a full round for Good Friday, considering AU v Melb Victory is on that night @ Hindmarsh

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

nathanburns15 wrote:
billy the kid wrote:Liking the WNPL Fixtures for season 2019.

One question. Is it correct that there are games schedule for Good Friday?
Link for the lazy
http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info. ... 9-0&pool=1

Pretty silly scheduling a full round for Good Friday, considering AU v Melb Victory is on that night @ Hindmarsh
Pretty sure that's a mistake as clubs were told Thursday, 19th April.

Masnak
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Masnak »

What do you think about Mitise Cup's matches?

Uni, City, West and Metro will have an easy win?

Galey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Galey »

Masnak wrote:What do you think about Mitise Cup's matches?
Uni, City, West and Metro will have an easy win?
Not so sure about that. Typically, coaches use pre-season games to have a look at new or fringe players, try out different formations and generally get some fitness into the players. Will be interesting to see if that's still the case with it being a [semi] competitive pre-season tournament. You've also got teams like City that have several 1st team players not available due to W-League commitments, so will be nowhere near full strength

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Good assessment Galey and I agree.

The new team Comets will hit the ground hard with a view to impress. The poor performers of 2018 i.e. Fulham and Westies and Salisbury will (in my view) want to set the tone and will want to tackle it as if its the regular 2019 WNPL season.

City, Metro and Westies will trial new players and new coaches.

On the city and W league players, who will be cut from the City squad in 2019? Only 3 players per team are permitted.

Micky444
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Micky444 »

3-1 City, Fulham 1-1 the FT scores so far tonight

Micky444
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Micky444 »

5-2 West Ade FT, Girls surprisingly beat Metro 2-1

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

So good to see the game back.

Excellent concept and from the games I had a brief look at. It's going to be a very competitive year. The City Salisbury game was played at a reasonable pace and skill level. I can see both teams trying stuff out and that's what these games are all about. The Fulham Uni game was interesting. Rusty but some excellent passages of play. Uni unlucky to win. Uni looked far better and settled.

Westies conceded a first goal to Comets. Comets will take a little time getting into the rhythm and pace of WNPL however, they have some players that will cause some concern to opposition defences. The score line isn't a good indication. The three matches will serve them really well.

The Metro NTC game for mine was played at a hectic pace and level of intensity I would see at the mid-way point of the season. NTC will not be a push over and their tenacity an aggression was something to see as were their skill level. Metro with a new coach (as with NTC, City and Westies) settled as the game went on and with changes made the game kept up the tempo. Lots of new faces in the Metro and NTC teams.

He 3 game concept is brilliant and will serve all clubs well. Good vibe last night. Lots of happy faces.

Galey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Galey »

billy the kid wrote:Good assessment Galey and I agree.

The new team Comets will hit the ground hard with a view to impress. The poor performers of 2018 i.e. Fulham and Westies and Salisbury will (in my view) want to set the tone and will want to tackle it as if its the regular 2019 WNPL season.

City, Metro and Westies will trial new players and new coaches.

On the city and W league players, who will be cut from the City squad in 2019? Only 3 players per team are permitted.
My understanding is all of the City girls playing W-League qualify as being "home grown" as they were registered with City last season. I believe there is no limit to the number of home grown players allowed, but they will not be able to bring in any new W-League players.

Masnak
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Masnak »

Today Adelaide City v Westies 0-4.

Fulham v NTC
Salisbury v Comets
Uni v Metro

I think NTC is much better atm, Fulham still behine. Comets v Salisbury will be a taught match but I think Comets can win it. And idk about last one, I guess Metro but not sure.

What do u think?

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

As Someone has said above, the Cup is for some clubs a very good pre-season. City, Metro and Westies will tackle it this way whilst the others will come out treating the comp as a regular WNPL fixture. That's ok however, its a long season.

Not much to read in the city thumping.

W league players v home grown. Not sure if that's correct however, I'll have a read of the FFSA Player Points Systems rules.
Masnak wrote:Today Adelaide City v Westies 0-4.

Fulham v NTC
Salisbury v Comets
Uni v Metro

I think NTC is much better atm, Fulham still behine. Comets v Salisbury will be a taught match but I think Comets can win it. And idk about last one, I guess Metro but not sure.

What do u think?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Galey is correct.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

billy the kid wrote:As Someone has said above, the Cup is for some clubs a very good pre-season. City, Metro and Westies will tackle it this way whilst the others will come out treating the comp as a regular WNPL fixture. That's ok however, its a long season.
I think you'll find given the quantity of substitutions by all 8 teams, everyone is treating it as pre-season.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Agreed in part however, there are some teams taking it a tad more seriously and want to impress for a number of reasons i.e. poor 2018, new coach and newly promoted.

Pre-season/early season form is very misleading. The Metro/City losses mean very little. The Westies wins probably the same.

Fair to say though is that at least on Friday night you can watch all the teams at one venue. Very good concept FFSA.

I suggest 2019 WNPL will be one to remember for all the right reasons. I think 2018 was a plateau of sorts with coaching turmoil, club and player instability. 2019 will see stability and consistency return with every game a winner.

The battle will once again be from 4-7 positions for teams to gain a top 4 berth. Relegation (hate to talk about it) will be interesting. For Comets' sake I hope this isn't a issue.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Yes. I've checked and it's correct. Cheers
juniorsupporter wrote:Galey is correct.

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

billy the kid wrote:Agreed in part however, there are some teams taking it a tad more seriously and want to impress for a number of reasons i.e. poor 2018, new coach and newly promoted.

Pre-season/early season form is very misleading. The Metro/City losses mean very little. The Westies wins probably the same.

Fair to say though is that at least on Friday night you can watch all the teams at one venue. Very good concept FFSA.

I suggest 2019 WNPL will be one to remember for all the right reasons. I think 2018 was a plateau of sorts with coaching turmoil, club and player instability. 2019 will see stability and consistency return with every game a winner.

The battle will once again be from 4-7 positions for teams to gain a top 4 berth. Relegation (hate to talk about it) will be interesting. For Comets' sake I hope this isn't a issue.

i doubt it, new coaches for many teams, some will not have the impact many think. Poor standard they have produced in the past - whats the difference now? i guess wait and see.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Let us wait and see. I'm sure all coaches and teams will have varied levels of success. Lets hope it delivers a good season with highly skilled performances.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Two big signings just announced at Salisbury Inter

Congratulations to all involved
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Haywood. Not sure about the rest of your handle.

Calder and Condon are two excellent signings. Well don Emily and Nicole. Two brilliant people and can play a bit. Well credentialed players.

Masnak
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Masnak »

What about West Adelaide v South Melbourne game? SA v Victoria. I think South Melbourne will win this even without its W League players.

Micky444
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Micky444 »

Fulham 2-1 victors tonight v NTC

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Is everyone across the subs rule changing from 4 down to 3 for season 2019.

Out of interest other states differ.
VIC, NSW and WA 5 subs at WNPL level with QLD 3.

I prefer the 4 we had or even 5 like other states as that way you can give exposure to more players hopefully increasing the standard over time.
Lets be honest you'd only use that many subs if you had the depth, but a great way to introduce a youngster late in a game.

Thoughts??

Masnak
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Masnak »

Masnak wrote:What about West Adelaide v South Melbourne game? SA v Victoria. I think South Melbourne will win this even without its W League players.
West Adelaide 6-0 South Melbourne wow.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Wasn’t South Melbourne a U19 side? Not their first team. And WA nearly full strength. It’s preseason. Who knows what players were on the pitch. Did anyone see the game?

Tweet from West Adelaide:
At 5pm, our West Adelaide WNPL Reserves will take on the South Melbourne U19’s Women’s side on the synthetic pitch.

Masnak
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Masnak »

juniorsupporter wrote:Wasn’t South Melbourne a U19 side? Not their first team. And WA nearly full strength. It’s preseason. Who knows what players were on the pitch. Did anyone see the game?

At 5pm, our West Adelaide WNPL Reserves will take on the South Melbourne U19’s Women’s side on the synthetic pitch.
That was another game, WNPL West played vs WNPL South Melbourne but ye, Idk who was on the pitch.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

juniorsupporter wrote:Wasn’t South Melbourne a U19 side? Not their first team. And WA nearly full strength. It’s preseason. Who knows what players were on the pitch. Did anyone see the game?

South Melbourne did not send their NPLW side.

It was WA WNPL v SM U19s, and WA Reserves v SM U16s.

Masnak
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Masnak »

FFSA v Uni -> FFSA
Westies v Salis -> Westies
Metro v Fulham -> Draw
City v Comets -> City

Your predictions?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

FFSA 4 - Uni 0
Salisbury 1 - Westies 0
Metro 5- Fulham 1
City 7 - Comets 0

goldberg
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by goldberg »

Last edited by goldberg on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.