AUFC-W v Newcastle

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

AUFC-W v Newcastle

Post by billy the kid »

Stating the obvious but a must win.

I have faith that with the return of the internationals we will win 3-1

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: AUFC-W v Newcastle

Post by Lucas Leiva »

With Emily Van Egmond, Gema Simon, Cortnee Vine and Katie Stengel all out, odds are heavily in United's favour.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

WOW that's a hefty out list.

The only thing in their favour is the weather (if you could call it an advantage). Newcastle can get warm and humid. Like we are today.

Our team has played well in warm/hot weather and thunder and lightning. My money is on AUFC to win.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

billy the kid wrote:WOW that's a hefty out list.

The only thing in their favour is the weather (if you could call it an advantage). Newcastle can get warm and humid. Like we are today.

Our team has played well in warm/hot weather and thunder and lightning. My money is on AUFC to win.
On top of this, with ins for United such as Gunni, Fanndis and Kahlia Hogg (on the provisional squad), should be a great match.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

Didn’t see the game but given the outs for Newcastle, and lady reds playing at home with a lot at stake, what the hell happened???

The wheels have well and truly fallen off and I understand United can’t make finals.

Given their position just weeks ago, this is a disaster.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Words cannot describe what I observed last night.
This was an absolute disgrace and I do not hold the players fully responsible.
The coach has to take most of the blame. The coach formulates his tactics, the coach selects his players, the coach creates his best formation.
Well the coach has cost the club it's first final.
Comments that came from the supporters and in particular to certain people who are close to the club have revealed there is problems within the team circle.
The most concerning is the alleged report that Michelle Heyman will not return to Adelaide next year as she is completely fed up with Ivan and his philosophy of coaching. The overseas players have also concerns but have not indicated anything at all. the players have lost his respect.
It just makes you wonder now why the previous international players did not return to Adelaide this season.
You have to question why the wheels have fallen off.
Yes I understand that Ivan is a fantastic person but as a coach it has to be question.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

sportsbird wrote:Words cannot describe what I observed last night.
This was an absolute disgrace and I do not hold the players fully responsible.
The coach has to take most of the blame. The coach formulates his tactics, the coach selects his players, the coach creates his best formation.
Comments that came from the supporters and in particular to certain people who are close to the club have revealed there is problems within the team circle.
The most concerning is the alleged report that Michelle Heyman will not return to Adelaide next year as she is completely fed up with Ivan and his philosophy of coaching. The overseas players have also concerns but have not indicated anything at all. the players have lost his respect.
It just makes you wonder now why the previous international players did not return to Adelaide this season.
You have to question why the wheels have fallen off.
Yes I understand that Ivan is a fantastic person but as a coach it has to be question.
The best season AU women's team has had and look at this, unbelievable.
All quiet whilst things were going well then the knives come out.
Is that the same coach that got them to that position for the first time??
Do all the other W-League clubs that missed out on finals have 'supporters' like this??

After the turmoil of the last week with the Matildas & reading things like this why would you want to be involved atm?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Yes PM. Big +1