Adelaide vs Canberra

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Adelaide vs Canberra

Post by Brenton T »

Sorry Rightside.

My prediction this time round is Canberra 3 Adelaide 1. I still think AUFC have a way to go however, I've bene impressed and they will make the finals this season. Canberra are looking very potent indeed and I think they will create at least 3 goals. Then again, a draw is not a surprised result either.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Adelaide vs Canberra

Post by juniorsupporter »

I was impressed by Canberra as well when I watched them in the first round. But watching them play on Saturday was a different story. They were a bit disorganised and all over the place- also missing a few key players. And I'm not sure they will have their South African international up front on Thursday, think she's still away on international duties. I think United definitely have a fighting chance to take the three points. Michelle Heyman is finding her rhythm, and the girls are getting better acquainted. I'm optimistic.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

I think we will play well but go down 2-0. Have had a bit of luck on our side in the first 2 rounds which I think will run out.

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

Good and informed summary Junior. I'm with Rightside. Seems like Willacy is ding a brilliant job and is like a cat on a hot tin roof. Has taken some spectacular saves and has saved the day many times. Has the luck run out. Hope not.

I think the line up is settling in and they would hope for no injuries or suspensions. Couple of players were benched this week and from my point of view it will be hard for her to reclaim her spot. Latsko (I believe was the one coming in) is a class above the player she replaced in the starting 11.

It augurs well for an excellent game.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

What a result last night! Canberra really didn't have that many great opportunities on goal. We certainly took our chances. Well done lady reds.

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

World class and skilful game by both sides. 1079 attendees on a week night is testament to the profile of the game and the raising of the profile of the beautiful game that the Matildas have brought to Oz football.

So happy with the team that over the years have worked hard for little or no remuneration. The new owners at Hindmarsh have backed this team in with resources. More to go but it's a huge start.