WNPL Final 2018

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

WNPL Final 2018

Post by Brenton T »

Al the best to both teams for tomorrow's season ending grand final between Adelaide City and Metro United.

Looking for ward to the display of skill and ability in this clash of arguably the best teams for 2018.

Coyote
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: WNPL Final 2018

Post by Coyote »

I am predicting another close battle between the two teams. Very hard to pick a winner. I think City will win but if it goes to penalties, I am expecting that Metro will prevail.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

This match certainly looked headed for extra-time bec. 2nd half Metro were the better side & I thought the equaliser was definitely coming but it wasn't to be. Overall a close fought match over 90mins & probably had Metro scored I believe this match may have even been decided on penalties.

Unfortunately for Metros their 'gun' striker Panagaris appeared to be having an off day but I can't understand for the life of me why it took so long to introduce Rigon & Zafiridis into the game (I personally would have started both). I really liked Zafiridis's determination to get first to the ball.

Congrats to the Adel. City team on winning the final & well done too to Metrostars on a fine season.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Well said Scar

One thing is certain the WNPL never fails to impress. City and Metro have been the leaders all season however, at the business end of the season, City had a far more settled side and the coaches seemed confident with their game plan and the players who could execute. One goal was all that they needed and in both the QF and GF they came early and from mistakes by Metro.

Changes came far too late. Once changes were made the tempo raised for Metro and quality ball movement and attacks began to happen and chances came about. Until then it was static and very much a disconnect between mids and forwards. .

Anyway, the season 2018 was a great season with lots happening. Metro took out the title after 22 rounds. City took out the cup double. Well done and well deserved.

Season 2019 will be even better.

Thanks to all the players for all the hard work they have done for our enjoyment. I will miss going to the games on Friday night.