2018 WNPL Final Four Countdown

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

2018 WNPL Final Four Countdown

Post by billy the kid »

First up

West Adelaide vs NTC

Then

Metro vs Adelaide City

Both games are hard to pick the winners. It's a dart on the board stuff. You can make a case for each team. It's bye bye for one team (3v4) and a second chance for the other (1v2).

Adelaidecitybandit
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: 2018 WNPL Final Four Countdown

Post by Adelaidecitybandit »

NTC to win 2-1

City to win 3-1

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

The City bandit strikes.

Westies a certainty to win.

City 3 over Metro 1? IS this a wish or based on sound reasoning? The results so far this season for the City v Metro games have been tight and this final is no difference. It will go down to the wire. City have bene very consistent ad Metro I feel is still to settle a side. Their saving grace is the depth on the bench for the coach to swing the changes for instant impact. City start strong and go at it all day. Metro can get caught lapsing and concede early goals against City. That said, they don't lay down without a fight. Two skilful sides brimming with class. Testament to the clubs and the coaches.

For mine, Metro have won the league title after 22 rounds. That is the pinnacle. The finals is just another tournament that has recently been added to the WNPL program. I think its brilliant and does so much for the game however, the title of who's number one in the WNPL in 2018 was won 2 weeks back.

I think a draw at normal time is my bet.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

I think NTC will get the job done 3-1 Westies

Metro vs City agree it will go to a draw, couldn't tip either way, could be a penalty shootout

Coyote
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Coyote »

NTC v West

Past encounters between the 2 teams this year would indicate that West should start hot favourites for this match. Recent form though for West has not been brilliant and with at least 2 quality players from their team unavailable tonight, this makes for a close match. I said a couple of rounds ago that if NTC make the finals, they may cause an upset. NTC seem to be peaking at the right time of the season and for this reason I think they will win by 1 goal.

Metro v Adelaide City

What another great match this should be between 1 v 2. I am sitting on the fence a little with this match. I think Metro will win if the match does not go to extra time. However, if there is extra time, I think City will win as in my opinion, overall, they may be the fitter of the two sides. Looking forward to a great match.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Makes for an interesting final 4 finals campaign.

What I gather is this:

1) City to go through tonight to another grand final.
2) metro, Westies and NTC are playing for 2nd spot
3) NTC are peaking, metro unfit, City unbackable favourites to win the final.

Not sure how metro isn't in the equation to go through to the final tonight. They did win the premiership. Westies own lack of composure when a player went off cost them the win last week. They showed that city's defence and GK are beatable. If Jenkins were in goal for City I'd say things may have been different last week and tonight. However, she's not.

Again, it will be an awesome night. Great for women's football. Great for the teams and players.

I wish everyone a great finals campaign. No injuries. No bad sportsmanship. And great skill.

Coyote
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Coyote »

Prediction for tonight's match:-

I can not see Metro going 2 matches in a row without scoring.

Metro 3 West 1