NTC Program and WNPL

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

NTC Program and WNPL

Post by SAD GAL »

Looks like the NTC Youth team will be in line for a top 4 finish and play in the 208 WNPL Final's Series.

Well done to the NTC team and especially the coaches for the WNPL Seniors and Reserves teams. Good consistent performances and results that have you in 4th spot. There is the challenge to remain in 4th because Uni are on NTC’s tails and a loss to the NTC and a win to Uni this week will see Uni jump into 4th. Then the final game of the round sees Uni up against NTC which may be the deciding game on which team finishes 4th.

There is an argument for Uni to jump into 4th however, NTC are the team most likely.

Now that the relegation battle is over with Cumberland tumbling into relegation, the battle is on for the prized 4th spot.

Good luck to NTC because they have been the excitement machine for 2018.

Coyote
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: NTC Program and WNPL

Post by Coyote »

Agree with you SAD GAL. NTC have exceeded expectations of most. They have not locked in 4th position yet but irrespective of what happens in the last 2 rounds they have had a great season. If they do make the final 4, they may even cause a surprise in the finals but Uni may still over take them for that spot. That last round between them promises to be an exciting conclusion to the minor round.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Thanks Coyote appreciate the feedback. NTC and Uni are locked in a battle for the 4th spot. I've seen Uni over the last couple of games and I must say that I've like their intensity. NTC is also a worthy recipient of the 4th place.

Bring it on I say
Coyote wrote:Agree with you SAD GAL. NTC have exceeded expectations of most. They have not locked in 4th position yet but irrespective of what happens in the last 2 rounds they have had a great season. If they do make the final 4, they may even cause a surprise in the finals but Uni may still over take them for that spot. That last round between them promises to be an exciting conclusion to the minor round.

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

Interested to know how successful the transition of players from the NTC system to an WNPL team has been? My observations and listening around the place indicates that the NTC program has a bunch of players playing very skilful football within their team however, moving into an established team there are some transitional issues and frustrations (parents and players alike) when things don't go to plan.

Interested to read any other throughs on this.

I agree with other comments about the NTC program and what it brings to the game. No question.