Round 19 Tips

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Round 19 Tips

Post by SAD GAL »

G'day tipsters here are my tips for this important round. Aren't they all important ? Yep!

City over Cumberland
NTC to draw with West
Salisbury over Fulham
Metro over Uni

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Round 19 Tips

Post by juniorsupporter »

City over Cumby- third game in 8 days for both teams, I'm predicting a big scoreline. City is the fitter of the two teams.
NTC and West Adelaide a draw- NTC playing very structured, skilful football. If they can keep focused for the full 90, they might even win.
If Jenna and Jess play for Fulham, I'll pick them to win over Salisbury. If not, Salisbury, but not by much-they will be tired.
Metro over Uni, although Uni has the ability to surprise....

That said, my picks haven't been very accurate this year, so take them for what they're worth...lol.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Fair assessment Junior. You've bee ok with your assessment. Actually you've been on the money.

All teams have a way to surprise on the night but I agree with City's superior fitness overall and that they should prevail as the game heads towards the 60 minute mark and beyond. Cumby under the new regime is far more attacking which may expose them as the game wears on. I see Cumby leaving the WNPL at season' end.

I think NTC has the structure and game to win however, as you said, it may be that lapse of concentration and composure at times that may expose them to westies attack. Saying that, westies are capable of inconsistent results and given their game mid week, who knows.

The Fulham thing all season has been a worry. -60GD. Little in the way of effective attack. Coaching changes. players being brought back from other codes, retirement etc. signals desperate times. If they remain out of direct relegation, then that's good but what for season 2019? Max will no doubt remain and stay on and coach but will they attract the players to move up the ladder? Even if it remains in the WNPL, Fulham will become the Cumby of 2018. Salisbury have just not been able to get its side settled all season. Coaching changes in 2018 and then again mid season doesn't help.

Metro and Uni will be a good battle. Metro like City just take time to get into the groove of the game and then once the attack starts, goals invariably arrive. As the top two teams, City and Metro are the hunted for sure and they usually sit back and allow the opposition to run its race and then take control. Same thing with Metro.

The competition is hotting up.

Coyote
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Coyote »

Adelaide City 8 Cumberland 0
NTC 2 West 2
Salisbury 2 Fulham 2
Metro 4 Uni 1

Would not be surprised if there were a couple of upsets this round excluding the City versus Cumberland match