Round 12

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Round 12

Post by M@rvin »

So this round kicks off tonight, my picks are:

NTC V Metro

Cumberland V Uni

Westies V Inter

City V Fulham
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Round 12

Post by scipio africanus »

What was result of NTC game last night?

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

Metro 4-0

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

Cheers.

Was expecting a closer outcome but by looks of it, was one sided.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

scipio africanus wrote:Cheers.

I believe they the NTC girls are about to go away to national championships so that may have some bearing on how the game went.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

scipio africanus wrote:Cheers.

Was a very even encounter until the penalty. The quality of possession by NTC was high, but the quality of finishing was low.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Round 12 kicked off with a win to metro 4-0 over the NTC.

Sadly it wasn’t on a Friday so I couldn’t get there. Solid result for metro and I wouldn’t discount the NTC making it into the top 4. The coaches of the NTC need to be congratulated for preparing the players and implementing a very skilful and entertaining game of football. Well done to all concerned.

The other games will be interesting too and could have an impact on the ladder as the season progresses.

Cumby vs Uni will be a good game. A win for Cumby will see them move further away from bottom and certain relegation whilst a win for Uni will see them get closer to securing top 4. I'm going for a draw.

Westies vs Inter is also good. Westies need to get all points to stay in the hunt for top spot. A draw or win for Inter would see them get closer to getting one hand on a top 4 spot. I'm going for a draw.

City vs Fulham. 4-1for City. Fulham with 3 coaches on the bench I think Max can keep the loss honourable. City needs te 3 points to keep at the heels of metro and keep westies in 3rd spot.

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

SAD GAL wrote:Round 12 kicked off with a win to metro 4-0 over the NTC.

Sadly it wasn’t on a Friday so I couldn’t get there. Solid result for metro and I wouldn’t discount the NTC making it into the top 4. The coaches of the NTC need to be congratulated for preparing the players and implementing a very skilful and entertaining game of football. Well done to all concerned.

The other games will be interesting too and could have an impact on the ladder as the season progresses.

Cumby vs Uni will be a good game. A win for Cumby will see them move further away from bottom and certain relegation whilst a win for Uni will see them get closer to securing top 4. I'm going for a draw.

Westies vs Inter is also good. Westies need to get all points to stay in the hunt for top spot. A draw or win for Inter would see them get closer to getting one hand on a top 4 spot. I'm going for a draw.

City vs Fulham. 4-1for City. Fulham with 3 coaches on the bench I think Max can keep the loss honourable. City needs te 3 points to keep at the heels of metro and keep westies in 3rd spot.
Well you got one right.

Cumby 0 V Uni 2
Westies 0 V Inter 0
City 6 V Fulham 0
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

What a year so far. Can't pick with certainty on teams 4-7.

Uni and NTC will be battling for the 4th spot and now Salisbury are causing me to rethink that prediction.

Cumby frustrate me. They should not be at 6 points and if Fulham get points and jump them then that will be a travesty. Maxy has been working hard on that squad and need a couple of forwards. From what I am hearing, the NTC players moving out of that system are going to go back to cumby. That’ll be interesting but good predicament for Cumby. Not sure 8 players lobbing back into Cumby expecting a prems spot will be automatic walk up starts.

Fulham. Looks like max is back in charge. New recruits have arrived at Fulham and may be able to deliver max some much needed points and move off bottom. Hard ask given that Cumby will need to drop points and fulham win games. Fulham’s GD at 50 is abysmal though. Comley is a very good keeper at fulham that will no doubt depart for a WNPL if and when Fulham drop into the lower div. The GD is not her fault. Quality keeper.

Salisbury. Jones has landed her 5th yellow and should be an automatic red this week. As a key signing she’s not showing much discipline and leadership by landing 5 yellows in her tenure at SI.

City, Metro and Westies (apart from the 0-0 result) are going to play every game as if it’s a final. Drop points with a draw can cause much grief. Quality 3 teams and we are in for an exciting 2018.

LOVE OF FOOTBALL
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LOVE OF FOOTBALL »

Billy the kid
I am pretty dissapointed that Uni has not continued with the form earlier on in the season. I cannot see my team uni grabbing 4th spot. I hope they do but I think the NTC will take it.

My final four are Metro, City, West and NTC. Fulham will be relegated and Cumby will have to fight off relegation.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Hi LoF.

I'm in your camp re: Uni not continuing with its early season form. I have rated them over the last 3 years and I thought 2018 may deliver better and consistent results. The fight for 4th is huge and I hope it goes down to the wire with either Uni or Inter grabbing the 4th spot.

I agree with the final 3 top teams with either Uni or Inter.

I agree with automatic relegation of Fulham and Cumby fighting off relegation. From what I hear, Cumby could be the beneficiaries of NTC players returning to them in 2019. That's why I hope they stay in the WNPL. Fulham are doing little else on the park that would cause me to think they're better than cumby. This week's game between Fulham and cumby will, for me, determine the fate of Fulham.