Round 9

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Round 9

Post by Rightside »

Shores
Fulham 0-4 Westies
Cumby 1-1 Inter

Parks
Uni 2-1 FFSA
City 3-4 Metro

Galey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Round 9

Post by Galey »

Tough round to pick, with only Westies a clear favourite
Fulham v West Adelaide: Westies by quite a few
Cumberland V Inter: Draw
Uni V NTC: NTC
City V Metro: City to win by the odd goal

Coyote
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Coyote »

West 5 Fulham 0
Cumberland 1 Salisbury Inter 1
Uni 2 NTC 2
Metro 2 City 2
Fence sitting……

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

Coyote wrote:West 5 Fulham 0
Cumberland 1 Salisbury Inter 1
Uni 2 NTC 2
Metro 2 City 2
Fence sitting……
that is some quality fence sitting :lol: :lol: but for good reason, draws are likely tonight!

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

Metro vs City 4-2 was it!?
"Just ask yourself, have you hugged your goalkeeper today?"

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

Leppskiii wrote:Metro vs City 4-2 was it!?
2-0 down after 8 mins as well!

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

The WNPL is in great shape. Really impressed with all the teams even Fulham.

NTC have impressed me with their skill and tenacity. Saw them a few times and its clear that there are time when some players run out of gas midway through the game and that is to be expected. Strength and conditioning comes with games and developing the bodies to take on the rigours of the WNPL. I really rate the program and the outputs for which the WNPL will be a beneficiary.

Fulham although yet to win a game aren't that far off a win. They may be the beneficiaries of those players another topic that says some players may, due to a lack of game time, seek opportunities elsewhere. Fulham will be good for them.

Salisbury are worrying me, the rumblings of disunity amongst the group are showing and their results are poor as a result.

Cumby...Come on guys, you hold Metro to a draw then get thumped 6.1 by City. You're better than being at the bottom.

University and NTC will battle it out for the top 4th spot and the results from hereon will determine who has the endurance to get through. As I said before, impressed with Uni and with NTC.

Westies, 4-0 win against Fulham (10-0 last time). Has Fulham improved as a team or were Westies off their ruthless best? Bit of both.

City and Metro...WOW x 1000. This is what I want o see. Two big clubs putting it all on the line and exhibiting all their collective and individual skills. A fight to the end and worthy of top billing. Again, the WNPL is in great shape and the closeness of the top 3 teams on the ladder is what the FFSA had been praying for. Slip up a game and you can go from top to 3rd.

Thank you to ALL the teams for putting the women's game on the map again and each year is building brilliantly