State League 1

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

FootballWatch
Apprentice
Apprentice

State League 1

Post by FootballWatch »

BREAKING - The Round 2 match between Croydon vs Salisbury United has been changed from 14-0 to Salisbury to 3-0 for Croydon due to player ineligibility.
News from South Australia's local football leagues
https://www.footballwatch.co/

oneball
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: State League 1

Post by oneball »

So what has happened. :!:

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Admin error. Salisbury played a player who wasn't put on team sheet someone picked up on it a couple days later and reported it, and just like that Croydon pick up first 3 points in their history
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Our men's team know all about being on the receiving end of such, although my mail is it was more to do with having too many players transferred from another team (max 4, but they had 6)? Haven't heard of such a rule but maybe someone can explain it and of course I stand to be corrected if this wasn't the case.
Ignore this signature

Coyote
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Coyote »

Whatever the reason, I feel really sorry for the person(s) who made this error, the players and the club as a whole. This could cost them the chance to be promoted to WNPL next season.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Bomber wrote:Our men's team know all about being on the receiving end of such, although my mail is it was more to do with having too many players transferred from another team (max 4, but they had 6)? Haven't heard of such a rule but maybe someone can explain it and of course I stand to be corrected if this wasn't the case.
In the lower women's competitions - similar to junior boys in the past - extreme scenarios of player poaching whereby a coach starts a team at a new club and extracts all his players from another club was a commonplace event.

To prevent such behaviour, rules were put in place encouraging clubs new to the women's competition to recruit players new to the game (and to prevent wholesale poaching). There are quota rules, all clubs have known about this for quite some time, and every new club - especially in the SL - are aware of this as it was a condition of entry that these rules were abided by.

Everything above is in general, not specific to any club.

Bomber, Croydon were the quality they were last year due to such rules.

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

This seems to have happened on a few occasions (Different clubs) so why cant/doesn't the FFSA do a live match card, can you not input it live into a system and just say I put Joe Bloggs on the card and press enter it could stop you and say Joe Bloggs isn't registered? Or it wont let you put it in!

Its a crap thing to happen (Losing points after a win) instead if the FFSA just fining the club and giving the points to the opposition why cant they do something to prevent it from happening?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Seems to me that the rules are spelled out in the competition guide, and that the penalties for violating those rules are clear as well. If some club official has made a mistake in violation of clearly stated rules and regulations, whose responsibility is that?

And the issue here seems to be playing a player that wasn't on the team sheet- not sure lack of registration had anything to do with it, if the posts above are accurate...

Captn birdseye
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captn birdseye »

Oh the irony!

Croydon played a number of girls under different names last year including registering girls by their middle names instead of first so they could manipulate the player cap / movement rules.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Captn birdseye wrote:Oh the irony!

Croydon played a number of girls under different names last year including registering girls by their middle names instead of first so they could manipulate the player cap / movement rules.
Really? :lol:

So they should rescind all the 10-0+ losses and make them only 3-0 then.
Ignore this signature