Lady Reds - Wooden Spooners

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Lady Reds - Wooden Spooners

Post by juniorsupporter »

I’m in!

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

We can all jump into the pool together and brainstorm however, the bloke at the top with the purse string will determine what does or doesn't not happen.

It will be a miracle if AUFC retains the women's program. The additional cost (player payments) was begrudgingly accepted however, the clock was ticking on when they would offload the team. Good results or not 2018 was going to deliver a bad news story for this team. I'm saddened by the prospects and I hope I am wrong.

On the money front...I hope the local girls who have gone to their bank accounts and found more than a pittance ($10,00 I do recall) will take time to reflect on what they received in previous years and the hard yards done by their predecessors recent and in the past and give them a thought. They played for the love of the game.

tagaqas
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by tagaqas »

All the footballs lovers are crazy about this game and want to get any update on daily basis regarding this game. The good news for the football lovers are that link oxbridgeessays.com reviews where they can get all the updated news about their favorite one.

Lylataylor
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Lylataylor »

Treat Assignment help Provide assignment writing service in UK.Are you looking for UK assignment help? students assignment help offers UK assignment help at the very low price and it has more than subjects experts that provide the unique content assignment help to the students.For any more need to this service visit my site https://www.treatassignmenthelp.co.uk and contact me.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

Fortunately only a bit of spam posted yesterday bec. 'Wooden Spooners' would have been a premature call at this stage of the season. :o

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

Adelaide Utd Women (formerly 'Lady Reds') unfortunately now looking almost certain to be Wooden Spooners this season. :(

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

scar wrote:Adelaide Utd Women (formerly 'Lady Reds') unfortunately now looking almost certain to be Wooden Spooners this season. :(
Never mind, no relegation.
Ignore this signature

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Sad and embarrassed. I've never questioned the commitment or endeavours of the players. It's a hard road back from here. Visa players of quality will not want to come here. Those we will get are here for the $$$ or due to a lack of another better option.

It's not a coaching matter. It's the inability to make the changes needed to deliver better results. What are they? Clear distinction between the WNPL and W league seasons. If I were serious about a pathway to the Matildas, the W league is my shot to get noticed. I'd focus my energy into to preparing myself in the best way for W League. That would be finishing WNPL in July and working with AUFC W coach to prepare for the season. Hopefully I'd get games with the junior boys comp.

Changes need to happen structurally. Over to you AUFC

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

EMBARRASSING AND SAD

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

billy the kid wrote:EMBARRASSING AND SAD
You said that already in your previous post.
Ignore this signature

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Sometimes once isn't enough.

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by QuodUnusQuiPulsat »

Another waste of a season. Fold the AUFC Women's team and put more time/effort and resources into the Men's side of the game.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

JayCody wrote:Another waste of a season. Fold the AUFC Women's team and put more time/effort and resources into the Men's side of the game.
Jaycody, That is pretty harsh. I understand the frustration, but we dont need to spend the money on the men. They just need to spend the money on the right coach.
Ivan and the coaching staff have been a complete failure. The only reward is achieving the wooden spoon.
Another disastrous season.
I have been saying for ages, get the right coach whether male or female who can actually manage players without shouting at them.
A good coach would watch the whole season and select the best players who are skillful and able to compete in the w league.
A good coach would arrange for a group of local talent and coach them throughout the year ready for the big league and then top up with overseas/interstate talent. Not the other way round.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

JayCody wrote:Another waste of a season. Fold the AUFC Women's team and put more time/effort and resources into the Men's side of the game.
Did you ever think, just for a minute, that a lack of time/effort/resources is why the women's program is struggling? So, rather than resourcing it properly, let's just chuck in the towel. Great. I suggest that you crawl back under your rock.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

A good coach would arrange for a group of local talent and coach them throughout the year ready for the big league and then top up with overseas/interstate talent. Not the other way round.
Pretty sure that's what Ivan has been requesting for a couple of years now.
Would NPL coaches/clubs be happy having their 'key players' training with AU & not the NPL team? I think that's your stumbling block.
The GKs have been lucky Metrostars allow them to join monday night mens training, but I agree with you, to grow as a team they need to be together all year round & need more games together than the current W League can offer.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

paul merson wrote:
Pretty sure that's what Ivan has been requesting for a couple of years now.
Would NPL coaches/clubs be happy having their 'key players' training with AU & not the NPL team? I think that's your stumbling block.
The GKs have been lucky Metrostars allow them to join monday night mens training, but I agree with you, to grow as a team they need to be together all year round & need more games together than the current W League can offer.

Only group of players staying together during WNPL seasons that I'm aware of are the Western Sydney girls moving on mass to Sydney Olympic where their Coach over seas them as the Clubs TD.
I hear 100K spent on wages for them to facilitate this.

I wonder if any others groups stay together?

I know WNPL coaches wouldn't want to lose players on a training night.
Should AU come together once a week and not impact WNPL teams it might work.

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

scar wrote:Adelaide Utd Women (formerly 'Lady Reds') unfortunately now looking almost certain to be Wooden Spooners this season. :(

Great display of fight & determination to beat the Newcastle Jets & in doing so helped avoid this season's wooden spoon (but only just).
Nice to finish the season on a high but there is a whole lot of work to be done if we are ever going to get close to playing finals next year.