WNPL Fixtures

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

WNPL Fixtures

Post by juniorsupporter »

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: WNPL Fixtures

Post by billy the kid »

Thanks Junior

Roll on 2018. Cannot wait.

What are your learned predictions with 2018 WNPL ad where teams will finish the minor round?

Mine are:

City
Westies
Metro
Salisbury
Adelaide Uni
NTC
Fulham
Cumberland

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

City
Metro
West adelaide
Salisbury
NTC
Uni
Cumberland
Fulham

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

I find it odd they aren't in a consecutive order this year, you don't play the same clubs in the same order.

Metro have uni, city, cumby, Fulham, inter, westies, FFSA
second time round its uni, city, cumby, Fulham, ffsa, inter, westies, then cumby again?

Do other competitions at this level do that sort of thing?

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

Rightside wrote:I find it odd they aren't in a consecutive order this year, you don't play the same clubs in the same order.

Metro have uni, city, cumby, Fulham, inter, westies, FFSA
second time round its uni, city, cumby, Fulham, ffsa, inter, westies, then cumby again?

Do other competitions at this level do that sort of thing?
Would be due to ground availability and to accommodate the double headers with Men's NPL.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Cheers Junior

I think the hardest past is mid table i.e. Salisbury, Uni and NTC. Not because they're unknowns (Salisbury ad Uni with new coaches) but because I think they're pretty much on par with capability. New coaches and some new players may make a difference however, those 3 for mine will and should have a fair crack at making the 4.

Fulham is lower than I had however, given that there have been significant losses to the club including their coach, I don't see them staying out of the bottom 2 as with Cumby. If my calculations are correct Fulham is probably the only WNPL side to have have lost over 50% of its starting 11 players from 2017.

We're in the world of relegation so I guess clubs need to smarten their act or risk dropping. The other side is those in State league should be striving to make the WNPL. Comets for mine are the unlucky ones not be in the WNPL.

Otherwise, I think your predictions are on par. Still think Westies a cut above.
juniorsupporter wrote:City
Metro
West adelaide
Salisbury
NTC
Uni
Cumberland
Fulham

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Billy- thanks for the compliment ('learned predictions')- We'll see whether or not I can live up to those expectations....

Fulham is in a bit of strife- I reckon they've lost nearly all of their starters. I think that, even though Cumby may have lost one or two, the consistency provided by the fact that Maxi has been there for a bit now will see them through.

Also need to qualify my top two- I honestly feel as if it could go either way. Metro has a very experienced roster (I'm not sneezing at their recent additions either)- it will all depend on how the timing of comings, goings and injuries coincides with the fixtures- who they play when-, in both teams. Like I said in the other thread, I think anything could happen. And West Adelaide has obviously picked up four quality players from Fulham, which will bolster their squad, and we all recognise that their coaching staff is quality.

It will be a good year.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Thanks Junior. Always important to respect points of view and opinions (in a respectful way).

I agree with your assessment of Cumby and Fulham.

Have westies been the beneficiaries of the Fulham exodus? I did not realise of the magnitude of the exodus. Something not right then.