Lady Reds vs Canberra

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Lady Reds vs Canberra

Post by sportsbird »

What a disappointing effort from the players. There are major issues within the camp and needs to be addressed. Players are not playing for the coach and it shows. Enough is enough.
Ivan you need to stand up and drop players who have not performed and give other players the opportunity. Again the midfield have failed, the defence have been poor and the forwards have not created opportunities.
What has happened to the following experienced players who have been recruited to create a strong team but have not shown their potential.
1. Emma Checker
2. Jenna McCormack
3. Adriana Jones
4. Mackenzie Doniak
Time for change Ivan or your tenure maybe short lived.
Last edited by sportsbird on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

3 pints
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: AUWFC vs CUWFC

Post by 3 pints »

I understand your sentiments, it was evident a couple of games back, all does not appear to be well in the camp,body language from players was like there is a bit of friction among the players.I hope I am wrong, and when you see a club like WSW blood some of their local wnpl players including a couple still eligible for juniors, and only just lose to Melb City, begs the question should we be doing the same.
I am only new kind off, just wondering in our wnpl league, we had 3 players score over 60 goals between them ( not including Rojas ) did they not try out for W league .
With the coaching appointments, was it jobs for the boys ( admire both of them as players ) when you consider last season we the finest array of club coaches in the wnpl ever, who know all the local players, I guess my whole point could not have done any worse.

However the real reason I decided to get on here, I read the post, I actually got a bit excited I thought maybe Ade Uni WFC were playing Cumberland United WFC in a pre season trial game...my mistake.
Cheers for beers

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: AUWFC vs CUWFC

Post by The General »

I thought the same thing, that it was advertising Ade Uni were having a scratch match with Cumberland Utd

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Lady Reds vs Canberra

Post by Brian the Postman »

sportsbird wrote:What a disappointing effort from the players. There are major issues within the camp and needs to be addressed. Players are not playing for the coach and it shows. Enough is enough.
Ivan you need to stand up and drop players who have not performed and give other players the opportunity. Again the midfield have failed, the defence have been poor and the forwards have not created opportunities.
What has happened to the following experienced players who have been recruited to create a strong team but have not shown their potential.
1. Emma Checker
2. Jenna McCormack
3. Adriana Jones
4. Mackenzie Doniak
Time for change Ivan or your tenure maybe short lived.
Maybe the players aren't committed to the club,

The foreign players are here on loan from other clubs (hence no real skin in the game as they go back to their main clubs at the end of the season) and another one has their main priority as playing another sport.
It's all in the Delivery!

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Lady Reds vs Canberra

Post by juniorsupporter »

Maybe the coaches have NFI. Or maybe United don’t really care about the women’s program. I feel it’s unfair to lay all of what has happened this season on the players. Running a successful program is clearly more complicated than throwing a squad onto the pitch. So let’s all stop accusing the players of lacking motivation or not putting in. That’s rubbish.