AUW V JETSW

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

AUW V JETSW

Post by Mr Red »

Ivan Karlović has announced his squad for Adelaide United Women’s Round 5 home clash with Newcastle Jets on Saturday night.

Laura Johns is available for selection after recovering from a knee complaint, while Katelyn Tucker, Danielle Colaprico and Evelyn Goldsmith have been promoted.

Goalkeeper, Eliza Campbell, is absent through international duty, and incidentally made her Matildas debut against China on Wednesday night.

Meanwhile, Grace Abbey continues to be ruled out with a leg injury.

Adelaide United squad: 2.Emily HODGSON, 3.Makenzy DONIAK, 4.Alyssa MAUTZ, 5. Jenna McCORMICK, 6.Georgia CAMPAGNALE, 8.Emily CONDON, 9.Adriana JONES, 10.Alex CHIDIAC, 11.Laura JOHNS, 12.Chelsie DAWBER, 13.Nora PEAT, 15.Emma CHECKER (c), 16.Katelyn TUCKER, 20.Sarah WILLACY (gk), 24.Danielle COLAPRICO, 25.Katie NAUGHTON, 30.Evelyn GOLDSMITH (gk)
*two to be omitted*

Ins: 11.Laura JOHNS (returns from injury), 16.Katelyn TUCKER (promoted), 24.Danielle COLAPRICO, 30.Evelyn GOLDSMITH (promoted)
Outs: 1.Eliza CAMPBELL (international duty), 17.Nicole CALDER (not selected)
Unavailable: 14.Grace ABBEY (leg - 2 weeks)

Adelaide United host Newcastle Jets in Round 5 of the Westfield W-League 2017/18 season on Saturday, 25 November at Marden Sports Complex. Kick-off is at 7.00pm ACDT.

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: AUW V JETSW

Post by Brenton T »

Still some tweaking to do. I'll leave that tweaking to the experts however, we're not as dominant is some key areas however, I reckon we're almost there. Thoughts?

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Lost 1-2 :(

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

Still not as settled as I'd like. Yes the chances were there however, I found that Newcastle were the team moist likely to score from the field of play. AUFC relied on long shots at goal I order to crack the defence.

That saying there were HUGE chances in the box however, AJ was not able to get a leg to the ball. Missing Monica in defence. Her and Naughton were a formidable force.

As I said some tweaking to do however, I think defence is getting caught out and at times looks to be a confused. A win is needed asap. And I think that is coming.

As long as team morale is up there is hope for us to string together a few more wins. With a yellow to Ivan and players, I sense frustration is creeping in. As I said, Newcastle had the better clear cut opportunities.

Willacy in goals was good. Lucky we have her as back up to Eliza.

Let's do it girls.