Coaching Salaries

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Rascal21
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Coaching Salaries

Post by Rascal21 »

Without naming clubs or coaches, so people know the average coaching salary’s for WNPL to Community Leagues?

With clubs taking a more serious focus on coaching now, we were discussing whether coaching salaries reflect in on-field success?

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Coaching Salaries

Post by billy the kid »

I've heard some ridiculous amounts that are supposedly being paid to coaches in the WNPL. $10k....$15k or some teams. No disrespect but I don't think this is happening however, if it is, it may be a broad suite of payments for different activities/roles that cumulate into one large sum.

I've heard that some players across the WNPL are being thrown big money however, it seems to be just rumour without anyone confirming one way or the other on what is being paid. Some clubs state that they do not pay. In this day and age I don't think that this is correct especially with a club in the top 4 of the WNPL.

The only time $$$ are spoken is when I've heard about players being enticed away from their clubs and then they start to "demand" a specific amount of cash. Its' still early days and this payment issues for coaches and players is evolving.

On a positive note, at leats they're getting something and in some cases eclipses what the majority of players are being paid in the AUFC Women's' comp.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

billy the kid wrote:I've heard some ridiculous amounts that are supposedly being paid to coaches in the WNPL. $10k....$15k or some teams. No disrespect but I don't think this is happening however, if it is, it may be a broad suite of payments for different activities/roles that cumulate into one large sum.

I've heard that some players across the WNPL are being thrown big money however, it seems to be just rumour without anyone confirming one way or the other on what is being paid. Some clubs state that they do not pay. In this day and age I don't think that this is correct especially with a club in the top 4 of the WNPL.

The only time $$$ are spoken is when I've heard about players being enticed away from their clubs and then they start to "demand" a specific amount of cash. Its' still early days and this payment issues for coaches and players is evolving.

On a positive note, at leats they're getting something and in some cases eclipses what the majority of players are being paid in the AUFC Women's' comp.
W League minimum contract is $10k for a 14 week season.
Surely that sort of cash isn't flying around the NPL??

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

All due respect Paul I hope you're not quoting $10k as the average?

If it is $10k then I'll take that however, I think its an average and that takes into account the big $$ the visa and marquee players will be earning. The locals players will be lucky to raise $100 / game. No way in the world AUFC and GG at the helm will allow $10 k per player plus the big $$$ for visa and marquee players. Its' a tight ship there

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

billy the kid wrote:All due respect Paul I hope you're not quoting $10k as the average?

If it is $10k then I'll take that however, I think its an average and that takes into account the big $$ the visa and marquee players will be earning. The locals players will be lucky to raise $100 / game. No way in the world AUFC and GG at the helm will allow $10 k per player plus the big $$$ for visa and marquee players. Its' a tight ship there
I think you will find that a deal has been struck and that $10k is the minimum payment for the players this coming seasonin the W-League
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

WOW that's fantastic.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

paul merson wrote:W League minimum contract is $10k for a 14 week season.
Surely that sort of cash isn't flying around the NPL??
Wonder how much the Newcastle Jets Under 15's are on.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Believe nothing you read or hear. Basically the bottom tier (local) players will be on little more than $100 per game. Happy for AUFC to prove me incorrect. I cannot see GG and Co. forking out $10 k minimum per player when it was probably paying bottom tier players (local) very little and before 2016/2017 $0.0

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

W-LEAGUE players have been guaranteed more than the AFLW’s minium wage in a landmark agreement.

Adelaide United women's team player Alex Chidiac. Picture: Calum Robertson
The new two-year deal sees all W-League players — other than national team scholarship players — earn a minimum wage of at least $10,000 for the new season and $12,200 for the 2018/19 season.

AFLW players are paid a minimum $8500.

Now the average wage for W-League players is set to rise from $6909 to $15500 for the new season after a new collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between Football Federation Australia, W-League clubs and Professional Footballers Australia was announced in Sydney on Monday.

The new deal has delighted Adelaide United’s fringe Matildas star Alex Chidiac.

“Having a CBA for me and all of the emerging players is something that gives us the confidence and security to continue playing football professionally,’’ Chidiac said.

“We now know our game will continue to grow and we have so many players before us to thank for that.

“I am extremely proud to be part of this upcoming W-League season.

“We celebrate together.”

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

paul merson wrote:
W-LEAGUE players have been guaranteed more than the AFLW’s minium wage in a landmark agreement.

Adelaide United women's team player Alex Chidiac. Picture: Calum Robertson
The new two-year deal sees all W-League players — other than national team scholarship players — earn a minimum wage of at least $10,000 for the new season and $12,200 for the 2018/19 season.

AFLW players are paid a minimum $8500.

Now the average wage for W-League players is set to rise from $6909 to $15500 for the new season after a new collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between Football Federation Australia, W-League clubs and Professional Footballers Australia was announced in Sydney on Monday.

The new deal has delighted Adelaide United’s fringe Matildas star Alex Chidiac.

“Having a CBA for me and all of the emerging players is something that gives us the confidence and security to continue playing football professionally,’’ Chidiac said.

“We now know our game will continue to grow and we have so many players before us to thank for that.

“I am extremely proud to be part of this upcoming W-League season.

“We celebrate together.”

Great news for the Women's league and the start of bigger and better WLeague